L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 30-35
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 11/20/2010 2:04:00 AM

i really love this lip balm. The smell is great, like cocoa butter. It feels smooth and moist, not sticky at all. i wear the color Plush. It looks like it's gonna be a little too 80s hot pink in the jar but it's actually a subtle pink flush, dewy, but not saturated gloss. My only complaint is thatbit doesn't last all that long so i go through a jar pretty quickly.

on 10/21/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Wow so I see I'm not the only 1 in LOOOOOVE with this gloss! What took me so long to try these? Wow I love the color payoff n that it's not so sheer that I feel like my $ is wasted. Love that I can build it to an even strong color if I want. Love that it stays on!!! Love that is gives my lips an ultra smooth finish, like the pics in the magazines. Judging from the reviews here, I see I'm not alone. Love love LOVE these :) !!!!

on 10/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can't quite articulate why, but this is my favorite lip balm to throw in my carry-on bag for airplane trips. I have tons of lip balms, lots of which would be more convenient for travel, but this is the one I like. I think because at the end of a long plane ride, it smells delicious, moisturizes my lips and also makes them look nice. Right now I like Savory, a peachy color, because it goes with whatever makeup I have on. But Plush, a pink, is nice, too.

I generally prefer lip balms that you don't have to stick your finger in to, but this packaging is elegant and makes the product seem more expensive than it is. I keep an eye out for when these are marked down and stock up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Picked this up in Succulent, and I couldn't be happier. On me, it shows up as a soft, natural pink (with maybe a hint of mauve.) It definitely falls into the famed "my lips but better" category for me. It is non-sticky and has a subtle, vanilla smell (nothing too perfume-y.) The little glass jar it comes in is cute, too. Love it.

on 8/29/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Plush and Succulent and love them both. They are so moisturizing and glossy at the same time. The vanilla/caramel scent is delicious. The color comes out more sheer on my lips than it appears in the pot. I like the glass packaging, it looks nice, although it is sometimes annoying to have to dip my fingers or a brush into the pot. I've almost completely used mine up because I reach for these often, and would definitely pick up some more.

on 8/25/2010 6:57:00 PM

I own the colors Ripe and Plush. I have fairly pigmented lips, so Ripe adds a little more color than Plush. I keep these in my desk at work for when I need a little touch up of color in the afternoon. They don't feel to heavy on my lips and my hair doesn't stick to them like other similar products. A little also goes a long way, and I don't have to touch up very often. They are a great deal if you can find them at the drugstore on sale( I got them at buy 1 get 1 50% off)!

on 7/21/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like these. In fact, I would go so far as to say Delectable is my HG drugstore gloss. And that is saying a lot because I rarely use anything from the drugstore. I picked up several of these recently for under $2.50 each. I got Ripe, Plush and Delectable. I can't say enough good things about Delectable. It is such a pretty deep pink fuschia color that is perfect with my neutral fair skintone. I can see myself wearing this color for any season, throughout the entire year.

I liked Ripe and Plush too, but mainly because of the scent/flavor. Ripe was a barely there orangey coral on me and Plush was just a very pale pink. I feel I get the "most bang for my buck" with Delectable because the color is noticeable but still subtle enough to wear everyday. The only real criticism I have is lasting power which isn't as long as my MAC lipglasses, thus the 4 lippies. I've bought mine at Target and Walgreens. If you can score some of these on clearance, you should try them!

on 6/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I got these on clearance at Walgreens for about $4.99. I had been eyeing them for awhile but the retail price was just too high in my opinion (around $9). I got Ripe and Succulent at first. Ripe looks bright corally but it comes out very soft and warm pinkish on my lips. Succulent is a plummy pink and is also very sheer. I went back to get a back up Ripe which I really liked and also got Delectable. I don't like Delectable as much--it looks very cherry red in the pot but looks similar to Succulent on me (pink) so I don't need 2 that are similar. Succulent is nicer:) They smell and taste sweet but not sickeningly so and are smooth and minimally sticky. I don't like the pot either but can deal with it.

on 5/19/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are so great!! I've had Plush for a few months and I just ran out, so I bought another Plush and picked up Delectable as well. Plush is the a very pretty pale pink. Delectable is a nice sheer red. I love them both so much. I think that both colors would work on almost any skintone. For a sheer balm they are very pigmented and go on super smooth. Delectable definitely gives me more color - on me it is a sheer reddish pink. They have decent (but not great) lasting power and they smell delicious! My only complaint is the price - pretty high for a drugstore product in such a small tub. But I like them enough that I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's quite difficult to find a tinted or colored lip balm with decent color payoff, but this one is ideal. The formula for this balm is very elegant. It's moisturizing, not sticky and provides a pretty sheen without looking too glossy. I've never liked glosses that you have to apply with a doe-foot applicator. They always seem to feel unpleasant and sticky. While I'd rather have something in a retractable tube, like a lipstick or chapstick, the formula for this balm is so nice, and the color is so pretty (I have both "delectable" and "succulent"), I can get past the jar and having to use my fingers.
This is a good choice for someone who wants a moisturizing balm with a bit of gloss and sheer (but still noticeable) color.