L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 9/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These balm-glosses are absolutely amazing! I came across these two months ago at my local drugstore and they were on sale, so I picked up three colors: Ripe, Delectable and Succulent. The scent is the most delicious scent ever, but it doesn't really last and there isn't any discernible taste. What I love the most is that they are as moisturizing as a balm, but as shiny and long-lasting as a sticky gloss (i.e. MAC clear lipglass). The only color I didn't get was the bubblegum pink one as I read on MUA that it wasn't pigmented at all, and since I have barely pigmented lips, I wanted something that can give me some extra color. My favorite out of them all is Ripe, which turns into a peachy pink tint on my lips and goes well with the warm neutral look that I prefer for everyday. It's a shame that they are getting discontinued! The only con I can think of, even thought it doesn't really bother me, is that the packaging sucks. I find the glass base to look really awkward and the lid is rather cheap. You don't get a lot of product inside, but I find that since it is longer lasting that your average lipbalm, which means that you need to apply less, not having too much product means that it's not going to expire before you can finish it. Overall, I like it a lot, and I wish they can bring them back into a permanent collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was super-duper excited to pick these up! My nearest Target store (I adore Target!) didn't have these so I drove to the family-owned drugstore down the block to pick these up.
Price: Differs from store-to-store (as most druggie finds). I bought this from a little drugstore for around it's normal internet-retail price. Loreal products do tend to be more expensive than other drugstore brands, such as Maybelline.
Packaging: This lip tint looks a lot like the MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner because it has a similar pot idea except it's smaller. The pot is heavy with a glass screw-on top. The lip jelly sits in the center and is applied with either your fingers or a brush. Some people find that this packaging is unsanitary because they have to use their own fingers instead of an applicator (like the doe foot) but I'm fine with this.
Consistency and Application: The one thing I wasn't so keen on with this product (and the reason why it lost a lippy) is because of it's weird consistency/texture. First of all, this is way different than a lip gloss. It's a lot thicker and harder and plenty sticky. It is moisturizing but it's texture and hardness changes on the room temperature; weird, I know! This has to be kept somewhat warm or else it will be too hard and stiff to apply evenly.
Color: Their color selection is very limited; I believe that there is only 4 colors, all of them being somewhat nude. There is no shimmer or intense gloss, but a creamy sort of sheen that looks very natural and wearable. I own these in Plush (a light hot pink which shows up almost translucent and is the same color as my lips) and Succulent (a berry color which comes up a light red-purple.)
Conclusion: I really liked how unique this product is. If you can't avoid the larger and more high-end MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, you can find these at almost any drugstore. Colors are limited but it probably doesn't matter anyway because they are all very sheer. I love these for layering or for everyday wear because they aren't too bright but do offer good moisture. Just remember to wash your hands before you stick a finger in that little pot! :)

I LOVE this product. I have it in 2 colors, Ripe & Succulent. Ripe is an orange-ish red. It moisturizes my lips so well! I also have the color succulent which is a sheer plum. I prefer Ripe. Any who, I LOVE THEM !

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted a pink lip color that would moisturize my lips and this is it!

Pigment ~ My lips are pigmented so it's difficult for lip gloss colors to show up on my lips. When I tried plush on for the first time, I was disappointed because it looked like I put on clear chapstick. I decided to give it another shot. I applied a thin layer of the lip jelly, covering all of my lips. Afterwards, a thicker layer on top and bam! I got wonderful pink lips! The isn't the exact bubblegum pink from the jar (I'd never expect that) but it's still a cute, medium pink wash on my lips! (I'm a light-medium skinned Asian for reference)

Smell ~ I've read reviews where people say this product smells amazing. I have to agree. Even though I'm more of a fruity scent girl, I still find this smell pleasant. To me, it's a sweet vanilla kind of scent. Anyways, the smell isn't lingering so once on lips, I can't smell the product anymore.

Texture ~ It's pretty thick. Well, at least the way I have the jelly applied, two layers for pigment payoff. Don't expect this to feel like a "wet lip gloss." I'm personally not really bothered by the thick consistency and having the feeling that I have something on my lips.

Staying Power ~ Because of the thick consistency, the staying power is pretty good. I never expect glossy lip products to last long. I just reapply when I go to the bathroom.

Packaging ~ Okay, when I've just applied lotion to my hands, it's difficult to open the container so that can inconvenient. But once my hands are dry (like no more lotiony feel), no problemo. I also am not bothered by the "unsanitary" design of the container even though I have long nails. At home, I use a cotton bud and in public, I reapply after I've washed my hands in the bathroom.

Price ~ I'm cheap and don't like spending that much money. I was hesitant on buying this lip jelly seeing the $8 and something cents price tag, but it was soo worth it. This product was everything I was looking for! I will definitely purchase this lip product again unless I run across something even better beforehand!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to find this jelly balm that I have be looking for! I got it for half the original price which was $9. They only had two different shades left and I chose Plush. This shade is a moisturizing, hot pink and makes my lips feel good. But, after thirty minutes, it dries out and I am no longer moisturized on the lips. I will not buy this again considering it is going to be discontinued.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this in Plush, a light baby pink, and I love how well it moisturized my lips.It comes in a jar that you would have to use a lip brush or your finger with. The only thing I didn't like was how sheer it was. It is called HIP (High Intensity Pigment) and I felt like it was just another sheer pink lip gloss.

I really enjoy this lip balm! I have the shades plush and delectable. These are truly nice lip balms, they texture is amazing! They are slightly glossy but not overly so, they also give the nicest hint of color on your lips! They are very sheer but i feel you can build it up slightly to get more color. I am really in love with this balm, they smell like cotton candy and are very moisturizing. The only downside about this product is the fact that there is no SPF! Considering this is my go-to summer lip product i would have liked there to be SPF but regardless this is an awsome product!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT porduct. They just started selling this product in Canada. But apprently is is actually discontinued in the States. Thats to bad. But this has a great light sweet, vanilla scent, and gives a nice sheer wash of colour, and is super moisturizing. I have in the colour Ripe, which gives you a very, very sheer redish pink tint. Love it. I am just not a fan of the price. 12.50 here, I did get my on sale for 6.25. But overall a great product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Savory' as well as 'Luscious', which I have done a separate review on. Savory has a nice coral tone. Looks orange in the pot, but doesn't apply that way on my lips. It gives a slight pink tint and looks very natural. Pretty much will enhance you natural lip colour. Savory is sheer, so can be layered over lipsticks if you want. Would work for alot of different skintones. These were discounted as I believe they are now discontinued? But if they weren't I would definitely repurchase. Very moisturizing on the lips and not sticky at all. Great buy and similar in texture to Mac Tendertones.

My Ulta still sells these. I love the smell, it is a super light, sweet, vanilla/caramel scent. Tastes good too! They add a sheer wash of color. I got one in Succulent and it's a lot like Benetint, so I wear it over that everyday! I think for what they are, they are slightly pricey. But I can handle it.