L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 10/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

So I loved the color and honestly the staying power is awesome, but then you run into stickyness. I hate sticky balms, this is more of a personal preference and I did not find that it helped chapped lips in anyway.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Discontinued....ah I love when they discontinue perfectly good products. Because then I can buy them on sale at Ocean State Job Lot for only 1.50 a pot! I picked up 2 to try them out (Delectable & Luscious) and they are great! Kissable too might I add ;) Totally going to have to snag a few more since they are dirt cheap right now!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay.
so after seeing youtube reviews on these,i decided to buy me one.
I went to target and got this shade because people complain that the lighter colors dont show up.
So i got this dark ugly color,got home tried it,&& was surprised that it showed up a very rosy pink plumy color,(not sheer)
LOVE.
I use it everyday!
This will honestly go good with any skintone!
Very familiar to the mac ones.

on 10/8/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Package: I HATE lip pots. URGH, so unsanitary!!!! For this product, though, I break out my lip brush...it's worth it.

The Product: I have this balm in delectable, and I must agree that it is. It makes my lips look pouty and awesome. The balm is a little sticky, but it lasts for at least 4-5 hours. It also has a great sweet candy scent, and very sheer but buildable color.

The Price: Cheap, for the nice product you are getting. :)

on 9/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These balm-glosses are absolutely amazing! I came across these two months ago at my local drugstore and they were on sale, so I picked up three colors: Ripe, Delectable and Succulent. The scent is the most delicious scent ever, but it doesn't really last and there isn't any discernible taste. What I love the most is that they are as moisturizing as a balm, but as shiny and long-lasting as a sticky gloss (i.e. MAC clear lipglass). The only color I didn't get was the bubblegum pink one as I read on MUA that it wasn't pigmented at all, and since I have barely pigmented lips, I wanted something that can give me some extra color. My favorite out of them all is Ripe, which turns into a peachy pink tint on my lips and goes well with the warm neutral look that I prefer for everyday. It's a shame that they are getting discontinued! The only con I can think of, even thought it doesn't really bother me, is that the packaging sucks. I find the glass base to look really awkward and the lid is rather cheap. You don't get a lot of product inside, but I find that since it is longer lasting that your average lipbalm, which means that you need to apply less, not having too much product means that it's not going to expire before you can finish it. Overall, I like it a lot, and I wish they can bring them back into a permanent collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was super-duper excited to pick these up! My nearest Target store (I adore Target!) didn't have these so I drove to the family-owned drugstore down the block to pick these up.
Price: Differs from store-to-store (as most druggie finds). I bought this from a little drugstore for around it's normal internet-retail price. Loreal products do tend to be more expensive than other drugstore brands, such as Maybelline.
Packaging: This lip tint looks a lot like the MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner because it has a similar pot idea except it's smaller. The pot is heavy with a glass screw-on top. The lip jelly sits in the center and is applied with either your fingers or a brush. Some people find that this packaging is unsanitary because they have to use their own fingers instead of an applicator (like the doe foot) but I'm fine with this.
Consistency and Application: The one thing I wasn't so keen on with this product (and the reason why it lost a lippy) is because of it's weird consistency/texture. First of all, this is way different than a lip gloss. It's a lot thicker and harder and plenty sticky. It is moisturizing but it's texture and hardness changes on the room temperature; weird, I know! This has to be kept somewhat warm or else it will be too hard and stiff to apply evenly.
Color: Their color selection is very limited; I believe that there is only 4 colors, all of them being somewhat nude. There is no shimmer or intense gloss, but a creamy sort of sheen that looks very natural and wearable. I own these in Plush (a light hot pink which shows up almost translucent and is the same color as my lips) and Succulent (a berry color which comes up a light red-purple.)
Conclusion: I really liked how unique this product is. If you can't avoid the larger and more high-end MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, you can find these at almost any drugstore. Colors are limited but it probably doesn't matter anyway because they are all very sheer. I love these for layering or for everyday wear because they aren't too bright but do offer good moisture. Just remember to wash your hands before you stick a finger in that little pot! :)

on 8/14/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Luscious and Savory. Found both shades at the 99 Cent Store, so obviously, I bought them! Luscious doesn't really work on my fair skin. It looks a little brown and funky.
I'm sort of an all or nothing girl, so when I'm not wearing lipstick, I prefer to just have on some Burt's Bees or a clear plumping gloss, so I don't wear Savory on it's own. BUT when I'm wearing a matte coral or orange-red lipstick, and want a juicy, glossy, but not glittery finish, I put Savory over it, and it looks beautiful! Perhaps I'll try Luscios over a deep red and see how it works.

I LOVE this product. I have it in 2 colors, Ripe & Succulent. Ripe is an orange-ish red. It moisturizes my lips so well! I also have the color succulent which is a sheer plum. I prefer Ripe. Any who, I LOVE THEM !

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted a pink lip color that would moisturize my lips and this is it!

Pigment ~ My lips are pigmented so it's difficult for lip gloss colors to show up on my lips. When I tried plush on for the first time, I was disappointed because it looked like I put on clear chapstick. I decided to give it another shot. I applied a thin layer of the lip jelly, covering all of my lips. Afterwards, a thicker layer on top and bam! I got wonderful pink lips! The isn't the exact bubblegum pink from the jar (I'd never expect that) but it's still a cute, medium pink wash on my lips! (I'm a light-medium skinned Asian for reference)

Smell ~ I've read reviews where people say this product smells amazing. I have to agree. Even though I'm more of a fruity scent girl, I still find this smell pleasant. To me, it's a sweet vanilla kind of scent. Anyways, the smell isn't lingering so once on lips, I can't smell the product anymore.

Texture ~ It's pretty thick. Well, at least the way I have the jelly applied, two layers for pigment payoff. Don't expect this to feel like a "wet lip gloss." I'm personally not really bothered by the thick consistency and having the feeling that I have something on my lips.

Staying Power ~ Because of the thick consistency, the staying power is pretty good. I never expect glossy lip products to last long. I just reapply when I go to the bathroom.

Packaging ~ Okay, when I've just applied lotion to my hands, it's difficult to open the container so that can inconvenient. But once my hands are dry (like no more lotiony feel), no problemo. I also am not bothered by the "unsanitary" design of the container even though I have long nails. At home, I use a cotton bud and in public, I reapply after I've washed my hands in the bathroom.

Price ~ I'm cheap and don't like spending that much money. I was hesitant on buying this lip jelly seeing the $8 and something cents price tag, but it was soo worth it. This product was everything I was looking for! I will definitely purchase this lip product again unless I run across something even better beforehand!!

on 7/11/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love everything that is either going to be discontinued or already is discontinued...

I own three of the HIP Jelly Lip Balms, and I like the shades of all of them. Plush is my favorite, Ripe is second and Delectable is third. Plush is a pretty pink, which gives my lips a little lift not too much. I usually wear this one at bed time, because my DH is allergic to almost every type of lip balm on the market. My nails are short, so I don't mind using my finger to apply the lip balm at bedtime.

Ripe is a nice, subtle melon shade, and I typically use this one with a lip pencil. It's a nice shade for running errands, and it works perfectly with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Delectable is slighter darker than Ripe, and it's a nice, soft red, which gives your lips the look of licking a cherry popsicle. You can layer both Ripe and Delectable over a nude lipstick for a subtle look.

Overall, the glosses are fairly pigmented, and they last on my lips for about 1.5 hours at the most. Three lippies on the packaging, because you have to stick your finger in the container ~ my preference is to use a lip brush. This product has always been way too expensive at full price for a lip gloss. I can never seem to find them at my nearest drugstore at a great price, so I usually order them from drugstore.com @ BOGO 50%.