Bobbi Brown Lipstick- Brown

3.9

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect MLBB. It feels as if you have nothing on which is just awesome. The color is great. Overall, I would recommend it if you have money to spend. I would repurchase if it were a bit cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have in carnation shade, and I must admit that it is a gorgeous color. i really like the color. However, this lipstick makes my lips dry soooo bad. I can't wear it again because I can't stand chapped lips :(

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/9/2015 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Yes. Yesssss! The perfect nude for my NW45 skintone. These Bobbi Brown lip colors are expensive to me but they are all so beautiful! And I just keep racking up on them. This is a nice medium brown with a touch of pink that I got for 20% off during this season's VIB Rouge fest at Sephora. This is nice and moisturizing, not matte at all. Looks great for the office. I will certainly repurchase.

on 5/28/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So I've been really into brown lips lately. I love MAC's Velvet Teddy, but I wish it had more brown in it. My mum originally had this lipstick and I tried it and I fell in love. Hard. This shade is quite dark, darker than a regular MLBB, and definitely not a nude. However, something about this lipstick really complemented my NC25 yellow undertone Asian skin tone. I have not found a shade as unique as this one (come on MAC!)
The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and I love toting this around, it makes me feel so glamorous.
The price is a bit steep but I suppose for the quality of the packaging and the great formula, it's a good investment.
Love love love. This shade is perfect for daytime with a simple winged liner and a brown crease, and for nighttime with a bronzed, smokey eye.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is for Bobbi Brown's "Brown 4". I'm light to medium brown-skinned of (East Indian) descent. Unfortunately my complexion is all over the place. Sometimes I can be beige other times a rich med brown with red undertones. My complexion is also UN-even. Anyhow, long story short this is my HG lipstick. I only get it when I visit the States (I live in Canada) but travel "south" often :) It's 26 USD whereas in Toronto it's about 35 ish...It's the perfect creamy consistency, lovely finish. Goes on thickly so covers all imperfections, however, I hardly feel this on my lips (which is good as I don't like feeling product on my lips all day). The finish isn't matte, but not too high shine. It makes my lips look sooo much bigger than they actually are, what a bonus! I wear it often to work. It's my base lipstick. Because my lips have a natural purple under-tone, I often use this as my base. I put light pink lipsticks over it, bright corals, oranges etc...It tones down colors I think are too wild or afraid to pull of in the daytime or at work. I go through one in about a yr or less I use it so much. 3 tubes in the 3 yrs I discovered it. I think it would look lovely on all skin types as it's a nice brown but pinky brown. On me it's like the perfect nude.

on 12/4/2014 12:00:00 PM

I actually don't know when I purchased this lipstick, but it is still available. It is a beautiful neutral medium pinky brown. I am fair (N/NW10-15), but I like darker colors on myself since my lips do not have much pigment. I haven't seen a lot of comments about it, and I'm not sure if they still use fragrance in their lipsticks since I haven't purchased a BB lippie in a long time, but mine reeks. It smells like old lady perfume, and I just can't get past that. I feel like it makes my breath bad since it's on my lips. The drugstore dupes I've found if anyone is interested are Revlon's mink 671 and Wet n' Wild megalast in 913C.

on 10/3/2014 7:54:00 PM

If somebody comes across a dupe for this lipstick please post it . That s the most amazing lipstick on my lips for polished look definition without being too made up. Love it!

on 8/30/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This colour was selected for me a couple of years ago by a Bobbi Brown assistant when I asked for something to give me a natural/polished look. Looked fine in the shop so I bought it but hated it when I came home - too pale and chalky for me (MAC NC40, BB Warm Natural). I've tried to wear it on its own at different times of the day or in winter when my skin tone is lighter but it's still not me, although I can see that it's a great shade for lighter skins/less pigmented lips.
However....the beauty of Bobbi Brown's products is that because the lipsticks and blush shades are brown based and therefore complementary to skin's natural tones as well as each other, there's usually some way that you can successfully make an "off" shade work for you. I've been using Brown to tone down and soften some deeper BB lipsticks like Raisin and Clove, and have topped it with BB's Tube Tint in Naked (another rash purchase!) or Eight Hour Cream for a more wearable beige-pink nude gloss.
I've recently discovered, though, that this lipstick works really well as a natural, outdoorsy-looking blush, similar to BB's Tawny powder blush. Blends in really well over foundation too. Wish I'd thought of this sooner!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is nice pinky brown nude that compliments my skintone quite nicely. No need for a lip liner or gloss....just swipe it on and I'm good to go. On my pigmented lips its very opaque so it gives me eventoned lips (top and bottom). Its not a matte so my lips don't feel zapped of moisture after a day of wear. I look forward to wearing this lippie into fall as I see it working perfectly with my fall eye palettes.

on 9/28/2011 4:30:00 PM

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever had , it matches my lips and it is good for day and night.