Mr. Pumice Purple Pumi Bar

Mr. Pumice Purple Pumi Bar

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

I have (or rather, had) the ergonomic-style pink bar.

I really don't understand the hype over this. It is interesting how light and non-dense it is compared to other pumice stones. It really is like a firm, rough sponge. Is it scrubby? Yes -- it will get your feet clean, like any other pumice stone or foot tool will do. It did nothing for calluses and while it did seem to relieve dry skin in the shower, by the time I got out and dried off, my feet were back to feeling exactly as they did before I used the pumice.

I tried using it in the shower as usual, soaking my feet in water for 20 minutes first, even using it dry as I've seen some people suggest. Didn't make a difference any which way, although when dry, there was the added bonus of little pink bits of pumice stone flaking off and getting everywhere.

I gave up after a few weeks and binned it. Pointless.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was okay at best. I love wearing sandals as often as possible and all summer long. I exfoliate my week weekly. But rubbing a grainy little rock on my foot doesn't work and is annoying. I really prefer a scrub. I don't have corns, calluses, but just dry skin and want all over smoothness. This may be for people who have big corns and such they need to file off.

on 7/29/2011 4:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This bar seems to be an OMG product and honestly I don't see what's the big deal. It only smooths my feet in some places and leaves other spots dry. It's an ok product especially for 1.97, but for the rave reviews... It's a little over rated/ over exaggerated.

on 7/2/2011 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

TNI--totally not impressed. I picked this up at Sally's because of the rave reviews, but it's just not working for me. I've followed the directions and tips reviewers suggested, but no matter how I use it, my feet feel chewed up and rough in some places and only somewhat smooth in others. I also don't like the purple residue in the tub. But the lavender side is great for scrubbing nicotine stains off my fingers, so it's not a total loss. Back to the Diamancel for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do not get the raves for this, but to each their own. This will do the job, but for me, this takes more effort than comparable pumice products for the feet. I do like that this is not too rough. But these seems to make buffing/exfoliating my feet take longer. For me, I like the OPI foot file much better, and have even gotten some pumice type products from big box stores that work better than Mr. Pumice. This does seem good for more sensitive feet; my feet are actually ticklish with a lot of these products, and this does not tickle my feet at all (Just a fun little side-not there!! :) ).

But my feet are not even that dry right now, and I seem to have to buff-buff-buff-buff-buff-buff with this, and I feel like this only gets me half the results and needs twice the amount of time as other pumice type of products. And for me, I just do not get that great of results with this; I still feel like my feet need 'work' done after using this. For me, even a basic loofah works as well as this. Won't repurchase and will likely toss this. *shrug*

Bought the purple and violet Mr Pumice for the first time April '16, after a friend recommended it.
The colour of the pumice made it hard to read the instructions on the wrapper, but once the wrapper was taken off, it was a little easier. The instructions seemed a little mixed up as to what you call purple and what I'd call purple , but all was resolved in the end with a little look at the pumice, everything worked out. The pumice was so easy to use. Used it while in the shower and couldn't believe the difference straight away, my feet are pretty dry and sometimes crack. Although, don't get over excited with it the first time, as it can make your feet feel quite raw if over used, as I quickly found out.
The little grains that fall off wasn't a very nice experience as it made the shower quite messy and I really didn't like the feel off the grains on my hands and arms!
I've also got to mention that 2 days after use, my skin on my hands are flaking off. Now it could just be a coincidence, but I don't think it is, as I've not used or tried anything new before or after using the pumice. So, if using the pumice, maybe put on some exfoliating gloves or what ever you have at home just in case.
I will use this product again, but will definitely use gloves next time.
Oh and if you over scrub like me..... Have a soothing foot cream to hand! 😁

Happy feet for summer (when it arrives!) ☀️🏖👏🏻

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This product works well and for the price gets the job done it does however require lotion after your feet are dry I personally like the Vaseline and socks truck for soft feet

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i bought this recently online from sallybeauty.com .. i received the purple color stone but what was written on the packaging is 'coarse'' ....NOT '' EXTRA COARSE ''
IT WAS AWEFUL...DID NOTHING TO MY FEET ..WILL NOT BUY THIS AGAIN

on 6/11/2011 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product awhile ago, used it but never reviewed it. I do not agree with the other reviews. Although this has enough pumice to help with dry feet, not enough for callused, cracking heels. I also didn't like how much it shed pieces. The price was right but I wanted more. I got that when I went to a Dr Scholl's product. See that review.

on 1/23/2018 8:32:00 PM

From dry cracked and painful to baby smooth ... Love love love!! I didn't have too high of hopes for this as it has very mixed reviews online, but I am glad I took the chance. Especially since I have tried every foot/body cream, pumice stone, shaver, and electric files out there with little lasting results. First off it is cheap and just scrubs better than those pumice stones you get in all big box stores. Yes it does sort of shed or flake off but I use it in the shower so that wasn't really an issue for me. Put some body wash on mr pumice and scrub away. Surprisingly after a couple uses of this and some body cream my heals were baby smooth, and they continue to be. A definite keeper in my beauty arsenal.

Popular Body Skincare Products