Ben Nye TRANSLUCENT Face Powder in COCO TAN

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.3

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Looks like a orangey tan on my skin. Looks laughable on me.

on 4/16/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Recently visit a theatre supply store. Purchased a variety of BenNye powders for my makeup kit. Coco Tan was one the MA suggested. So glad she did. Coco Tan adds the right amount of golden-orange, or bronze, translucent tint to set my foundation and removes shine. Creates a perfect match for my bronze-brown skin. Huge shaker bottle for $6. Finely milled easily blended. Will be a staple in my kit and personal makeup collection. (DDD Nw45ish, HIP820, or BlackOpal 'Nutmeg')