Mineral Fusion Lipstick

4.9

Not tested on animals
Mineral Fusion is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this today in the color Flashy. The color is a beautiful combination of what I would call brick and berry colors. It has a drier feel going on, and ends up looking like a stain. Love it!

Recently purchased two shades (intensity and exotic) from Whole Foods as they have a sale on this week, and I LOVE them both! For a natural lipstick that is vegan, gluten free, etc etc, I am very impressed. What I did not notice when purchased is that some shades are normal lipstick and some are "sheer" lipsticks. It indicates so on the package, but I missed that part before purchasing and did not try on the product. Exotic is a sheer lipstick, but I actually really like it. It feels nourishing, moisturizing, and goes on smooth without smudging or needing a lip liner. It makes my lips pop and look more plump and the colour is a natural looking shade of pink, but bright pink enough to look summery and flirty without looking stupid. It is slightly shimmery and has just the right amount of opaqueness in terms of colour. It is great for daytime wear or for work. Intensity is a great shade for a night out, it is a normal lipstick, but is creamy and non-drying. Again, did not need lip liner for this, but i'm a low maintenance kind of girl and since I don't use lip liner these lipsticks were perfect for being able to apply easily and quickly with no smudging and looking natural enough that it isn't necessary. I applied both lipsticks without lip balm and believe me, it's winter, my lips are pretty dry with a bit a cracking, and both lipsticks actually went on very well and moisturized my lips so the dryness wasn't even there anymore. To my surprise, I could not believe how plump my lips look with these lipsticks. I will be going back and purchasing a few more!

UPDATE: Bought another shade- Ruby. Nice colour, although it goes on appearing more mauve than ruby red. It doesn't look like a true red. However, I like it anyway. It is fairly glossy for a lipstick and does not have a matte finish. It slides around quite a bit even with lip liner. The previous shades I purchased seem to hold up better, which I find strange that there isn't a standard texture/consistency/performance across all their shades (for the lipstick not the sheer lipstick). I think I'll use this for casual outings, but would use something more long-lasting for a long event that doesn't require frequent mirror checks and touch-ups.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This brand boast Gluten Free , 100% Vegan, Cruelty Free and Hypo-allergenic. I fell in love with the shade called Alluring. It is a rich buildable plummy pink color that looks great on my yellow based tan skin. I am excited to find natural lipsticks in an amazing shade. This was on sale at Whole Foods.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know what to explain about this lipstick line specifically...it is a perfect formula (no bleeding, is creamy, looks even and perfect on, wears well with or without lip balm, beautiful colours). I plan to get them all. Quality is great, high end worthy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

BACKGROUND: Needed a lippie that matched my previous HG, Lancome Color Fever Dewy Shine 101 (what it lacked in staying power it made up for in moisture and easy application), and decided, on a whim, to look for a color match while shopping for groceries at Whole Foods. Found Mineral Fusion's Inspire as a close match, but also saw Alluring as the lipstick I was looking for but two shades darker - needing a darker lipstick, I went ahead and took the plunge with Alluring without sampling it at the store first.

PRODUCT: Texture is light and straight-forward, not very moisturizing. However, the precision, level of pigment, and staying power is great. The color straight from the tube came on too strong, but nothing some blotting and gloss couldn't fix (I added Stila's Apricot for a shade that perfectly complemented my natural blush). Super nice plus is that I haven't seen any lipstick stains on the wineglass I'm drinking from so far! Disliked the vaguely crayon-y smell/taste, although I imagine that may partially be from from its absence of artificial add-ins.

VERDICT: Worth it - when used for nights out and special occasions, this will last a long long while. I would definitely repurchase, and am interested in trying other shades. This is great for what lipstick is supposed to do - provided a solid, flattering base of color - and lets you play with gloss and balm to your heart's content while providing fool-proof coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The Mineral Fusion Cosmetics line was featured at my local Whole Foods, so I took a look at the lipsticks and fell in love with the color Gem. It looked like the perfect red for my pale skin and dark hair. When I went home and looked it up online, it was described as a "shimmering cranberry plum" shade. I don't see plum, but I do see a beautiful, soft, subtle red shade -- a very natural blushing red color. I think I have found my Holy Grail lipstick. I've read that pomegranate extract and rooibos tea can stimulate collagen, so I consider this a plumping lipstick. But Gem is just... wow. It is an amazing red. I don't think I will ever be without it. It is definitely a cranberry red, but also a pomegranate red, a true pomegranate red. My lips look softly red, as though I've bitten or kissed or been wind-burned. And the formula is so moisturizing and nourishing! I hope this brand and this shade stick around!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought two of these so far.And have to say I am impressed.
Top reason for purchase, natural ing. -- love that!
Second, the color- "Intensity", a you but better. Rosey pink, face brightening color. I think I love this! I also put a bit on cheeks and it is lasting there. And let me tell you on the lips, it goes and goes. It has a matt slightly creamy color. You can top with a gloss easily and no bleed.