Skinceuticals Phloretin CF

Skinceuticals Phloretin CF

3.8

INGREDIENTS: EAU, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL DENAT., ASCORBIC ACID, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYL CITRATE, PHLORETIN, FERULIC ACID 10% L-Ascorbic Acid, 2% Phloretin, .5% Ferulic Acid

on 7/17/2017 9:23:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended this serum. At first my skin seemed to tolerate it, but I noticed blotchy scaly spots and dry skin patches so I went back to my dermatologist. Instead of suggesting it might be an allergy to the Phloretin, she prescribed a cortisone cream and in two weeks my face cleared up nicely. But within a week or two, the condition returned. On my own, I suspected the phloretin CF and would use it on and off. I decided to replace it with CE Ferulic and had better results. Since I spent so much money on it, and had 3/4 bottle, I tried it on my neck and chest. I developed a severe case of hives, so unfortunatley I cannot tolerate this product. I have read that many people have this same reaction.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After only a few days of use, my skin became stained. I gave the bottle to my mum and the same thing happened to her. We're both very pale, so I'm not sure if that made a difference but it seems like a lot if money for a product that made my skin look blotchy and yellow.

on 11/12/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I received this as a generous sized sample from somewhere. I just checked the price & wow! Way too much for my liking. Makes me glad it didn't work for me after all. This product seemed to irritate my skin & cause breakouts. End of story. I would toss it but given the price & since the bottle is still half way full, think I'll let my mom try it out. Definitely would not buy for my skin.

on 6/17/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have used this serum on and off for about a year now and the cumulative results have been very disappointing. I am 24 years old with normal/combination skin and I have been using medical grade skincare since I was about 19 years old. I truly believe that vitamin c, vitamin c and Tretinoin (vitamin a) is essential to every skincare routine. So when I found about about SkinCeuticals I was excited to try the line. I went to a derm in Toronto who gave me a sample of their C E Ferulic and Phloretin CF. I found the C E Ferulic to be a little sticky so I decided to try the Phloretin. The results were amazing from day one for about 3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I found my skin starting to get more dry. I reached out to my derm and they said to add the B5 gel (hyaluronic acid) from the same line, but day by day it was getting even more dry. One quick note about hyaluronic acid is that it pulls moisture from the air as well as the occlusive ingredients in your moisturizer, so if you're not using a moisturizer on top, or you live in a dry climate, hyaluronic acid will make your skin more dry. I continued using the Phloretin CF, but stopped once my skin felt so tight due to the dryness. If you have healthy skin your skin type should be normal - not oily, dehydrated or dry and everyone should be able to use the C E Ferulic with amazing results without any negative reaction. The cure to oily skin is not using products filled with denatured alcohol (like this serum) to dry out the lipid layer of your epidermis. That is just going to compromise your skin barrier and make it more sensitive in the long haul.

After I discontinued use for a couple of months, I decided to try the product again, but this time I had really bad results. After a couple of hours my skin felt very itchy and irritated and I started to get small bumps that favoured hives on my face. I went to my physician and he said the product caused me to contract contact dermatitis and it took about a week for my skin to heal.

I wrote this review because I saw several reviews, in and out of this board, with people who said the got the same reaction as me. Definitely get a sample from an authorized retailer before purchasing the product.

on 4/5/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This review is for the Phloretin CF *GEL*. I like it because it is in an airtight container, therefore the ingredients such as Vitamin C do not lose their efficacy because they never come in contact with air or light. I can't say that I've noticed a real change in my skin with this product, but I have also started young. My few fine lines haven't gotten less noticeable. I will keep using this product because there are also no adverse effects and I think in the long run this can really benefit my skin. I spent my youth outside getting sunburned and in the tanning bed, and I don't want any more sun related injuries to my skin! The fact that sinks into your skin for at least three days and keeps you safer from the sun is enough to sell me (in addition to my daily sunscreen) PLUS it's loaded with antioxidants! It's super pricey but with the most recent literature, I believe it's worth it. If in the future we find out that Vitamin C doesn't do what we think, I may stop using this product but otherwise I'll keep buying it because you only get one skin and you have to take care of it! Skinceuticals can back up their research with peer-reviewed articles, and that makes me a believer in their products.

on 2/22/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product for around a year but have recently stopped. If you asked me 6 months ago I would have said I can't love without it however now that I've stopped using it I don't think I will go back. It just did the strangest thing to my skin... It improved my skin tone massively, visibly after only a few uses. However after using it long term I started to notice that the texture of my skin had changed from firm and smooth to less firm and less refined. I looked back at pictures and I didn't think the change of texture was due to ageing as it's only been a year so decided to stop phloretin and see what happened... The first week was terrible because I didn't have anything to replace it with, however I think my skin just needed to adjust as I haven't used it for 3 weeks now and my skin is starting to improve!! I have started using Sunday Riley Good Genes at night and this seems to be helping maintain an even skin tone and I just use a hylauronic serum in the morning under moisturiser now. I will try another vit c serum once I find a good one... Long story short I actually think this product has something in it that was slowly damaging my skin... I won't use it again, I have half a bottle left but won't put it on my skin. Might just be me but worth sharing my experience anyway in case anyone else has been using it and noticed a change in skin texture... Also rated packaging low because this is an antioxidant product that is exposed to air and light every time you open the bottle. Not an ideal way to package an antioxidant, I'm sure it must degrade before you finish this very expensive bottle of serum.

on 6/10/2014 10:12:00 AM

I have run out two bottles of PCF and I only use it in summer otherwise it's too dry for combination dry skin. I still have one bottle in stock for this summer so you know how I love it! I first bought it because one of my doctor friends told me this was the best antioxidant ever. I'm used to applying it in the day time. Sometimes my skin is not in good conditions and will be more sensitive to the sun, I will use it at night so that I needn't to put on sunscreen. Though I have no wrinkle or acne problem, I may see the change of my skin very clearly after half bottle. It's tighter and brighter!!! But it has little effect on pores. And it required hydrating products to follow up, and SC B5 goes with it very well (which is also expensive...) Anyway, I love it and will keep using it in summer.

on 5/13/2014 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using Phloretin CF consistently for about two and a half months. After the first two weeks, I noticed my skin felt and looked better. It had that "glow" that is described in many reviews. However, my skin began to get very sensitive to the product, specifically near my eyes. It dried the skin out, along with making the skin have a burning sensation which was quite painful and uncomfortable. I had to let my skin "breathe" for about a week before I continued use. After about a month of use, I began using it on my neck. My neck had the same reaction as the skin near my eyes - except worse. It grew red, dry, and very painful, even when not touching it. I contemplated discontinuing use all together. Again, I let the skin on my neck rest for a week before I ultimately decided to continue use. After the reactions to both the skin around my eyes and on my neck, it made the wrinkles I do have (FYI: I am 30 years old) appear worse and more pronounced. I assume this is from the drying properties of the product. I read lots of reviews following this, and the big factor that stuck out was to apply to a DRY face. I was applying right after washing my face in the morning and it was not completely dry, and I believe that contributed to the reactions I had. Also, I was applying it too close to the skin around my eyes - I make sure to apply only to my forehead, sides of my face, cheeks, around my mouth, and chin (neck and chest also). My skin has since gotten used to this regime, but I can't help but to notice that the deep wrinkles in my neck look more pronounced now than ever. I am hoping that this will smooth out over time after continued use. Although I have only been using this product for a relatively short amount of time, I think I would continue to use it despite my early experiences with it. I dove right into this product without really trying anything else because of it's high reputation. It is very costly, but it is so powerful that you do not need to use a lot and a bottle will last for quite a while. It is a huge investment, and I recommend getting trial pack (I ordered one from Amazon for about $30) before doling out big bucks for the full size bottle. I use this product in conjunction with a moisturizer that contains SPF and Azulen paste in the morning. At night, I use SkinCeuticals retinol mixed with my regular moisturizer every other night (still in search for a good eye cream). I aim to check back in around the 6 month mark after I have used this for a longer period of time to add to my review (hence why I only gave this product 3 stars at this point in time). I hope this was helpful, especially to those of you who have had reactions to early use of this product.

on 4/7/2014 2:16:00 PM

I've been using this for about a month and a half. At first I didn't see much of a difference but after a couple of weeks my skin looks firmer youthful and it has a nice glow. I use tazorac at night as well and my skin looks good without makeup now! I also use age blemish from skinceuticals and my skin just looks great! Clear and healthy! Would I buy again? Yes definetly!

on 1/5/2014 7:55:00 AM

I've been using it for about 3 months. My skin is more radiant and smooth, some lighter spots have disappeared but a big stubborn one is still left on my cheekbone. What surprises me is that 2 weeks ago, I spent a few days at the beach (beach resort holiday) and I applied the serum on my face daily as usual. After the few days by the beach, I had sun burn on my body (even after sun block) except my face and neck where I had applied the serum! This is amazing!!!