Sleek idivine palette

Sleek idivine palette

4.5

Mica, Talc, Paraffinum liquidum, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May contain: Cl 77891, Cl 77007, Cl 77492, Cl 77289, Cl 45410:2, Cl 15850:1, Cl 42090:2, Cl 77499, Cl 77742, Cl 15985:1.

on 3/8/2017 5:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have the Ultra Mattes V1-730-Palette(the one with different bright colors) and it's so good for its price. The shades are pigmented and rich in color, but you have to be careful to add just small amounts. The formula is just a little bit dry so try to spend enough time blending so you'll get a perfect finish. I also think you need some quality brushes & primer to work with this one. However the product works well with colorful cut-crease looks. Especially loved the orange, pink and purple shades!

I paid about 10-12 €, money well spent. The packaging is also pleasing, the palette has a big mirror which helps with applying the product.

Next I'm gonna try the i-Divine Au Naturel Palette, which has some more neutral and natural colors for everyday looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this palette about 2 years ago (I only apply make up when I'm out for the evening, like on weekends) and I got the Oh-so-special palette. I have been only using the pinkish shades, light brown one and this copper coloured pot (my favourite colour in this palette) and I barely touch the rest (those I use it when I want to have really dark smokey eyes). I think this palette will last me for years, and as for the price and quality wise this palette is a great steal!

I use this palette for my part time job at a shoe store (I normally use the pinkish and brownish shade when I work there) and the colours stay really well on my eye lid. I use Max factor's Facefinity face primer as my eye primer and it works well (I'm just a student I don't have a great budget for make up) The colours stayed well, didn't stray anywhere else on my face.

Really happy to have known this make up brand! Now I can be beautiful and money savvy at the same time lol.

on 2/8/2017 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I own three of these: Bad Girl, All Night Long, and Sunset. I've had Sunset for a year, Bad Girl and All Night Long for about six months; I've had a good long while to try these and see how they fit in with my other makeup.

The best thing about these palettes is that you do get great value for your money. That's indisputable. I don't think there's anything else like them out there for that same price point. And they do look gorgeous; Sleek does a damn good job at composing an incredibly visually appealing palette. It's like opening a box of jewels or beautiful watercolours. That's what initially drew me to them, along with their generally stellar rep. They really are good drugstore palettes for the price, but once you start using them, there's a lot of problems.

Firstly, in practice, the visual appeal of these palettes simply means that too many colours are too similar to each other, to the point of where they look the same on the eye. In practice you're getting duplicates. Sure, if that happens to be a shade you particularly love, you might be thrilled about that, but personally I'd prefer something more diverse. This is the case with all three palettes that I have: the metallic/shimmery greys and greens (and to a lesser extent blues) in the Bad Girl, the reds in the Sunset, and some of the browns and highlighter shades in All Night Long. And with Bad Girl you will have to reach for other shadows, you can't get a full look out of just the palette: there are only two highlight colours and then a bunch of very dark jewel-like shades; no transition shade, nothing to create any contrasting pops of colour. I'd also say the shimmer-matte ratio is off. If you prefer a matte in your crease as opposed to shimmers and metallic finishes all over your eyelid up to your brows, you only get one option in each of all three of these palettes. Because of that, and also since these shadows don't layer well, you won't be doing any intricate shade/light work with them.

Secondly, the palette is the size of my palm; the individual pans are the size of a 1 euro coin. And yes, you get 12 shadows, so there's a lot of product all together, and yes, some of those will be practically duplicates, but still, if you happen to fall in love with one particular shade, you'll hit the pan fast. So there's that. The packaging itself, while very elegant, is hard to open without employing your nails (and chipping your polish off in the process) and shows fingerprints fast. It's sturdy, however; very travel friendly. I'm quite unimpressed when luxury makeup is housed in cardboard (I'm looking at you, theBalm!), but these palettes are capable of surviving a good banging-up in your luggage.

Thirdly, and that's my biggest gripe, the metallic/shimmery shades are so packed with silver or gold shimmer that the colour of the shade can take a backseat. The effect you get is therefore, for example, a red-tinted silver, not a metallic red. Not all of the metallic shades are like that, to be precise; I find that the Sunset palette is especially guilty of that. I bought that one largely because of the rusty shades in it and they were a bit of a letdown. They look pretty on the lid with a dark matte shade in the crease, but they are much less red on the eye than they look in the pan.

(Before buying these, look at swatches. The photos on Sleek's website make all of the shadows look quite a bit darker than they actually are. Again, the Sunset palette on Sleek's website looks like it contains a deep vibrant blue and some quite dark burgundy shades; in real life, that blue is bright electric blue (unwearable if you have blue eyes, as in my case) and the burgundies are actually a rusty red and bronzes.)

Point no. 4.: If you aren't wearing a very liquidy, sticky eyeshadow primer under these, the metallic and shimmery shades will fade, and badly. I used to use a matte cream shadow as my primer; the shimmery/metallic particles would stay, but the colour would fade, so by the end of the day, I'd be left with a dark crease still going strong and a vaguely, gently, barely tinted silver or golden sheen on the lids. Since I've switched to a liquid primer - the type from a little squeezy tube - that doesn't happen anymore, at least not to that extent. There is fallout, though, and lots of it. Holding a tissue under your eye during application is imperative, or you'll be cleaning your face into the next week. More fallout occurs during you wearing them.

Now, for the pros! These shadows blend well, apply smoothly, are opaque, very shimmery, don't crease for about 8-10 hours provided you wear a primer (which is, I've found, pretty much the standard for any decent eyeshadow) but might wear longer if you don't have oily lids, which I do. The colours are beautiful and the shadows are decently pigmented. They pack more of a punch than much of your standard drugstore fare and the colour selection across the entire range is incredible. There's going to be something for everyone.

So should you buy these? It really depends on what you're looking for in your makeup. Personally, if I could give these three palettes back in exchange for one highend quad, I would. Even if you're only thinking about buying one, I'd say go for a good metallic quad, like the ones from Kiko Milano, for example. If you can live with less of an array of shades and want better quality than just 'okay', which is what these shadows are, go for a pricier, smaller palette. But if you want a lot of shades, a lot of shimmer, won't be doing any intricate, layered looks, don't want to spend more money than that, and aren't turned off by the cons I described above, then go for it. They are good palettes for the price. Just don't expect to beat the system by buying a few of these palettes and not wanting for more eyeshadow ever again; you'll end up disappointed. They're not the ultimate palette.

on 2/3/2017 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I own the All nigh pallete, I think it´s good and you won´t probably find anything better for less money.
The longetivity is great, they blend really well and the pigmentation is also pleasent, however there is some fallout if you´re not carefull enoutgh, its no deal-breaker, still recomended, the choice of colour is masive and the price is unbeatable.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

My very first Sleek eyeshadow palette, very beautiful sunset colors have been using this a while now and will def buy more palettes. Great pigmentation lasts all day well into evening.

My holy grail palettes. I have five of them: Ultra Mattes Darks, Ultra Mattes Brights, Rio Rio (limited edition), Snapshots & Del Mar. I'm a huge fan of colorful eyeshadows. I love Snapshots- and Rio Rio with its beautiful "sunset" shades (I hit pan on over half of them and use it sparingly since it was LE).
For the price you cannot get better deal.
The thing that I love the most is longevity of these shadows- incredible. You don't need a primer with these- they are the only shadows that last on my eyelids for up to 15 hours. I don't have time for touch ups during the day, when I go for a colorful eye look I always reach for Sleek palettes. The pigmentation, the blendability, everything is on point. I love that they offer such a wide range of palettes, from neutral to very colorful- everyone will surely find at least one that is right up to their alley. (Dark mattes palette pigmentation is so intense that you really need to be careful not to end up with raccoon eyes!).
The packaging is very sleek (no pun intended), with a large mirror, no complaints about that.
Overall, I think these are really underrated and I wish they could get all the hype they deserve.

on 6/20/2016 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive eyes and wear contact lenses for hours and I never had any problems with the I-Divine palettes. I always wear Urban Decay Primer Potion under any eyeshadow and the Sleek ones (both from Garden of Eden and Vintage Romance) last all day long without creasing. There is a bit of fallout when you apply them, because especially the ones in Garden of Eden are a bit powdery, but it does not bother me much because I always do the face only after the eyes.
As for Garden of Eden, the shimmery violets, the dark matte brown and green and the shimmery greens (Eve\'s Kiss, Paradise on Earth, Python, Fiona, Tree of Life, Fig, Evergreen and Fauna) are among my favourite shadows ever, but I am disappointed with Gates of Eden, Entwined, Forbidden and Adam\'s Apple. You can create an amazing violet/taupe look using only this palette, but for the greens I needed to look elsewhere for a inner lid color.
Anyway, I would absolutely suggest getting this palette because as I said 7 colors out of 12 are gorgeous, pigmented, blendable and long-lasting, the packaging is pretty and practical and the price is great.
As for Vintage Romance, I only bought it because it was cheap and I was really impressed with the Garden of Eden palette. Also, I needed some fuchsia/purple/violet shades and I liked a lot the ones in this palette (A Vow in Venice, Marry in Monte Carlo, Honeymoon in Hollywood, Bliss in Barcelona and Forever in Florence): the fallout is minimal, the pigmentation is amazing and lasts all day with primer. Even so, I had to look elsewhere for a lighter color for the inner lid: I ended up choosing In the Spotlight from MUG, a super shimmery pink champagne.
The problem with this palette is that the pigmentation of the other seven shades, with the possible exception of Love in London, is disappointing, so I suggest you buy this palette only if you need some nice bright fuchsia/violet shades.

on 5/15/2016 3:08:00 PM

Great eyeshadows VERY pigmented ( crazy ! ) but do expect some fallout you have to tap your brush and protect your face when applying. But if you are experienced and gentle it is no problem. It doesn't go into the air but it does come loose and will fall off our brush and lay a bit on the shadow you want to tap of blow that off or your palette will become messy very soon. That is the only thing !
You really need to try these ! I only have 2 matte palettes so I don't have experience with the quality of the shiney shadows

I have the:
Sleek I Divine – V2
Sleek I Divine – Ultra Matte Brights V1 = great ! white primer underneath and pow !

buy it ^^ !

on 4/5/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the au natural and I really like it. I love the colors and the packaging is great, looks almost like it's high end.
I give only four stars because the lighter colors (almost half of them) unfortunately are really not that pigmented and you have to use a lot of product which sometimes makes the product really powdery and crumbly. The darker colours are much better pigmented and have a nicer consistancy. For the price this palette is absolutely amazing, never had any better pallette that cheap.

on 2/8/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have been experimenting with "A New Day" for a couple of weeks now. I was really excited by this palette and somewhat disappointed with the results. The formulation seems to have changed since I first started buying Sleek palettes and I think this was their last chance. I'm going over to Zoeva next time. The shimmers are glittery and gritty and the mattes are not pigmented enough to apply without causing irritation. Sorry Sleek, love your highlighters, but no more chances on my eyelids.