Reversa - Skin Smoothing Cream 8% Glycolic Acid

Reversa - Skin Smoothing Cream 8% Glycolic Acid

4.3

Water, glycolic acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate & Peg-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Sorbitan Stearate, Arginine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT.

on 5/7/2018 1:43:00 PM

Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream is very effective for smoothing of fine lines in the face and makes the skin aging process slow. It really does!
A good combination of 8% glycolic acid helps to grow new cells in your skin and that helps to increase your natural glow. It allows the healthier skin cells to rise up even quickly that the best part i like about this cream.

I usually used to buy 50ml bottle and the most amazing part is, it's not that expensive. So you can give it a try and i hope you'll love it.

on 5/7/2018 1:26:00 PM

I have repurchased x2. I wish it was in a tube, I scoop out some and put it in a smaller travel sized container to keep the main one uncontaminated. It can be pricey but worth it IMO. I use this year around, 3-4 times a week, and it is one of the few moisturizers that do not break me out. I cannot use physical exfoliators as they always seem to cause irritation and this Glycolic Acid helps smooth my textured skin. I have oily skin, and I can wear it under make up if I want a more glowy finish.

on 10/15/2017 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this product on and off for well over ten years with great results. . It's a very effective exfoliator - especially when used in conjunction with skinceuticals retinol.
I don't have sensitive skin , but I think this may be too harsh for anyone who does. It stings a bit when you first start using it, and if applied too heavily it is extremely drying.
For me, it keeps brown spots from developing, evens my skin tone, keeps pores to a minimum, and softens wrinkles. I don't use it in the cold Canadian winters however, as it isn't what I would call a mousturizer by any means.
If you are troubled by uneven skin tone or pesky brown spots - this is a God send, and not all that expensive.

on 12/13/2014 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for a month and a half. It stung at first but that went away. I didn't notice anything for the longest time, but one day I passed the mirror and thought "my skin looks really good". I live in a place where the weather really takes a toll on skin (wind, bright sun, scratchy scarves) and I think this is playing a huge role in kieeping my skin nice. I have some sun spots that have appeared to fade a tad, but now that has seemed to stop.

I bought it in a set, and I found the price really reasonable, I would purchase this again. It seems like a fairly safe thing to spend your money on.

eta: This stuff is awesome. It lasts forever and improves my skin. I bumped it to 5 stars.

on 10/29/2013 9:30:00 PM

This is the first GA product I have used. Prior to this I used Clinique 3 step for years (since my teens) with only a short interval before going back to it. After deciding that my skin probably required something very different than it did years ago I asked at Shoppers Drug Mart for some advice. The lady there said my skin was dry which surprised me. I was still having breakouts from time to time which seemed ridiculous at my age and since I am somewhat OCD about keeping my face clean I was also frustrated. She told me that using the Clinique toner would only dry my face but not address any breakouts and suggested Reversa.

I also found that it stung a little during the first month but I was assured this was normal and meant it was working and I used Avene Thermal Spring Water spray on my face before applying Reversa so that I could use less of it until the stinging stopped.

I noticed a difference quite quickly. It evened out the skin tone on my lightly freckled, slightly pinky cheeks and completely took care of the bumpy skin between my lower lip and chin, something I had been buying scrubs to get rid of for years. I have not had any blemishes since it started working.

After using it for several weeks I saw the same sales lady at Shoppers and when she saw me coming towards her she told me my skin was luminous and I didn't even have major issues before I started using it! When my husband took an early retirement people started asking if he was a lot older than me!!

I am very pleased and will continue to use this product. I use this at night and during the day I use the UV Anti-Wrinkle Fluid with 8%GA because it is lighter in texture and has UV protection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product, and it completely changed my skin. Before using this cream, I had incredibly ruddy, acneic, uneven skin. My NC40 Indian skin had severely dark pigmentation along the hollows of my cheek from past and ongoing acne. I picked up this cream as a slightly cheaper alternative to Neostrata's lotion from Shoppers Drug Mart. Before this product, I had never used glycolic acid.

Within one night, I found a significant improvement in the texture of my skin. Prior to this, I had not really understood what "soft" skin felt like. The product stung on the first few applications, but nothing that perpetuated serious irritation. I find this moisturizer quite thick for my combo skin, so I only use this at night, and during the day only during winter time. For those with oily skin, try Neostrata's Smoothing Lotion.

It's now been over 8 months, and this product has definitely help in the overall improvement of my skin's texture and tone. I find it helps keep my acne breakouts at bay, though my skin definitely hasn't completely cleared up (still looking for that miracle product!). My acne scars have definitely lightened but not completely. Still, I feel that with consistent use I will see further improvement.

I wish the product packaging was a little more sanitary, but I don't mind, since I use a q-tip to scoop it out. Also, one only needs a little to feel hydrated; one tub has lasted me for 8months, and I still see at least 1 month of use left. So, I definitely don't see the price as exorbitant.

I suggest anyone battling with acne to try out glycolic acid, and to try out this cream (unless you have shown previous aversion to AHA/BHA). And remember to always wear an spf when using these types of substances.

I will repurchase this cream over and over again :)!

on 2/13/2013 12:08:00 PM

The Reversa Skin Smoothing Cream has really helped with my combination-oily blemish prone skin. My skin tone has really evened out and I have virtually no blemishes. I started out using it nightly.

I did find that the product did dry my skin out. I switched my routine, I alternate between Reversa 3 times a week, and a hydrating cream the other nights. I've had no dry problems since :)

on 3/11/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Read some good reviews on here and decided to shell out the bigger bucks for this product, but alas Reversa is just not working for me. It seems that their products are harsher on my skin than expected.

on 10/28/2011 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Reversa, for those who do not know, is not an unknown brand. It is actually top in dermatological products along with Neostrata in Canada.
I had horrible acne a few years back, and it all cleared thanks to Accutane. However, acne scars remained.
I have been using thig everynight for the past 3 years, along with the Reversa 8% Glycolic Acid solution, and I am proud to say I do not have any marks left.
This product is amazing. It takes time to give results, but anything that works too fast is not lasting and damages your skin.
My dermatologist prescribed this to me and I am so glad I listened to him!!
It has the same formula as the Neostrata 8% Glycolic Acid smoothing cream, but the Reversa one is thicker, and I find it better since Glycolic Acid does dry your skin.
I have had no bad reactions whatsoever to this product.
Try it you won't regret!!
And remember to ONLY trust dermatological products. Anything from a cosmetics company is not meant to be put on bare skin. Trust me on this one.

on 3/5/2012 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my go to for ingrowns on my legs and bikini area. Although I admit to switching between this and the neostrata with 8% glycolic acid.
I recently switched to earth science triple action problem skin treatment. It's been working much faster, overnight even on some of the sirface ingrowns. And I love the spray bottle! I also ordered some pfb vanish so we'll see how they stack up. For everyday cream I used Reversa until I found something more effective.