3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I actually think this cuticle cream is better than the Burt’s Bees cuticle balm or other cuticle oils I’ve tried. The key is to use a generous amount and really coat the cuticles and skin surrounding my nails and leave it to moisturize and soften the area overnight. I use a small spatula to scoop out the product, otherwise I’d be swirling my finger around and around without picking up enough to really coat the area but you certainly can do this for a light application if that is all you are looking for. It has an apricot scent which isn’t my cup of tea but it’s tolerable. The product comes in a small pot with a safety seal under the lid that is an absolute bitch to remove. I had to MacGyver the crap out of it and nearly tossed it before I managed to get to the cream. I’m glad I persevered because it really was worth the effort. I much prefer the screw on lid style of this pot than the metal tin used by Burt’s Bees. After only a short time of use my cuticles are so much softer and easier to maintain, and I rarely get hangnails anymore.

About reviewer (929 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I have somewhat mixed thoughts on this product. It isn't as moisturizing as I would like but it does an adequate job and the price is right. However, my favorite cuticle cream in Qtica but I only purchase that on sale as the cost is quite high so I picked up the SH with high hopes. On the plus side this cuticle cream has a pleasant light smell that doesn't linger long after application. It is easy to apply and absorbs quickly leaving no oily residue. IMO the packaging is far superior to the Burt's Bees tin which is often hard to open. I like the screw top jar on the SH. It makes access to the product a breeze and jar's wide mouth lets you get to all of the product so there is no waste. The packaging is also plastic and lightweight so it is easy to slip in your purse if you are traveling or just want to carry it with you for use on the go. The main thing I don't like about this product is that it is only moderately moisturizing. It does a decent job but I definitely wish it were more moisturizing. So while it isn't the worst cuticle cream I have ever used, it isn't the best either, thus the middle of the road lippie rating. Despite my somewhat lackluster review I would purchase this again. It is easy to obtain and the price is right, about $6 for a 11.3 gram jar. However, when I have a chance and can catch a good sale I will go back to Qtica and will continue to look for another drugstore brand that might better meet my needs.

About reviewer (817 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I wouldn't recommend this product if you're cuticles are in need of serious intensive care but for daily maintenance of halfway decent cuticles, it's earned its place in my arsenal. I use a DIY (almond, jojoba, rice bran, vitamin E) oil several times during the day + Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme at night and first thing in the morning but during the day, Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract comes in handy with all the handwashing I do. I'm also devoted to Philosophy Hands of Hope hand and cuticle cream a couple of times a day and at night. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a residue over everything I touch and it helps prevent dry, hard cuticles which is guaranteed to have me picking at. As a stand alone product, it probably isn't going to perform miracles but as part of my regular hand and nail routine, I wouldn't be without it.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

It moisturize my cuticles but don't change the dryness of it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

5 years ago

This solid, pale peach, lightly fragranced cream has a long ingredient list, but the first seven ingredients are water, urea, mineral oil, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, beeswax, and glycerin. i used this cream at least once a day (and always at bedtime). My cuticles remained soft and pliable. I also used it on my unpolished nails, and it moisturized them, too. With age, this product becomes very hard and difficult to use, so I had to toss it.

About reviewer (722 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I love this little pot. At night i put coconut oil on my nails/cuticles but i always carry this in my purse/makeup bag in case i need it. I love the smell, and it lasts a very long time.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

5 years ago

This little pot of miracles has been included on the list of holy grail beauty products for me. I try to use this at least once a day and it has been amazing for me. it has softened and made me cuticles look great - BUT!!! it ALSO has strengthened my nails to the point that I don't even want to paint them because of how good they look! long, strong, no chipping...amazing. I rub the balm on my cuticles and then up my whole nail to the tips. it may not for others...but after about 5 minutes it completely absorbs into my skin leaving a very light and pleasant apricot scent. got mine at for about $3!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

2.0

5 years ago

I see a lot of good reviews here, but I didn't have the same experience. I felt like this product didn't do much for my cuticles at all. It never really sunk in, it just stayed on top of my skin, if that makes sense. I also felt like it was sort of a pain to get out of the tub; it takes a lot of swirling with your finger to warm it up enough to be useable. It seemed to be slightly moisturizing, so I gave it 2 lippies, but it's nothing great. I wouldn't buy again or recommend.

About reviewer (251 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I love this stuff! Almost through my first tub. I use it of a night time 2 times a week and then pop cotton gloves on to sleep cause it's quite orange and if it were to get on the sheets I think you'd have a hard time getting it off since it's a bit like wax. There is always a little bit of residue left in the morning that I clean off with a tissue but most has soaked in and I now have lovely soft cuticles and skin. This has improved my nail strength and quality a lot too - less peel nails!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

5 years ago

A very serviceable cuticle cream; not as moisturizing as some, but also not greasy. The apricot scent is a classic to my sensibilities, just what manicure products should smell like. It's solid, but not so much so that it's hard to get out of the tub. This won't do it for me as my sole cuticle moisturizer---I also use AmLactin body cream and Zoya cuticle balm---but it's a nice evening treatment in addition to everything else I do to keep my cuticles looking like a human being's. More is definitely better - it's best to cover the whole nail and massage it in for a few minutes rather than trying to stick to the cuticles only.

About reviewer (150 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm