Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract

Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract

3.5

on 8/29/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have somewhat mixed thoughts on this product. It isn't as moisturizing as I would like but it does an adequate job and the price is right. However, my favorite cuticle cream in Qtica but I only purchase that on sale as the cost is quite high so I picked up the SH with high hopes.

On the plus side this cuticle cream has a pleasant light smell that doesn't linger long after application. It is easy to apply and absorbs quickly leaving no oily residue. IMO the packaging is far superior to the Burt's Bees tin which is often hard to open. I like the screw top jar on the SH. It makes access to the product a breeze and jar's wide mouth lets you get to all of the product so there is no waste. The packaging is also plastic and lightweight so it is easy to slip in your purse if you are traveling or just want to carry it with you for use on the go.

The main thing I don't like about this product is that it is only moderately moisturizing. It does a decent job but I definitely wish it were more moisturizing. So while it isn't the worst cuticle cream I have ever used, it isn't the best either, thus the middle of the road lippie rating.

Despite my somewhat lackluster review I would purchase this again. It is easy to obtain and the price is right, about $6 for a 11.3 gram jar. However, when I have a chance and can catch a good sale I will go back to Qtica and will continue to look for another drugstore brand that might better meet my needs.

on 1/27/2016 10:18:00 AM

I wouldn't recommend this product if you're cuticles are in need of serious intensive care but for daily maintenance of halfway decent cuticles, it's earned its place in my arsenal.

I use a DIY (almond, jojoba, rice bran, vitamin E) oil several times during the day + Orly Cuticle Therapy Creme at night and first thing in the morning but during the day, Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream with Apricot Extract comes in handy with all the handwashing I do. I'm also devoted to Philosophy Hands of Hope hand and cuticle cream a couple of times a day and at night.

It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a residue over everything I touch and it helps prevent dry, hard cuticles which is guaranteed to have me picking at.

As a stand alone product, it probably isn't going to perform miracles but as part of my regular hand and nail routine, I wouldn't be without it.

on 7/2/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This thick, pale orange, fragranced cream has a long ingredient list, but the first seven ingredients are water, urea, mineral oil, lanolin, cetyl alcohol, beeswax, and glycerin.
i use this cream regularly on my cuticles (at least once a day) and I don't have hangnails. My cuticles remain soft and pliable.

Even though I kept the top on tightly, the cream became hard and difficult to use.

on 6/16/2015 2:46:00 PM

I love this little pot. At night i put coconut oil on my nails/cuticles but i always carry this in my purse/makeup bag in case i need it. I love the smell, and it lasts a very long time.

on 6/8/2015 11:10:00 PM

This little pot of miracles has been included on the list of holy grail beauty products for me. I try to use this at least once a day and it has been amazing for me. it has softened and made me cuticles look great - BUT!!! it ALSO has strengthened my nails to the point that I don't even want to paint them because of how good they look! long, strong, no chipping...amazing. I rub the balm on my cuticles and then up my whole nail to the tips. it may not for others...but after about 5 minutes it completely absorbs into my skin leaving a very light and pleasant apricot scent. got mine at for about $3!

on 7/5/2015 1:46:00 AM

It moisturize my cuticles but don't change the dryness of it.

on 11/10/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I see a lot of good reviews here, but I didn't have the same experience. I felt like this product didn't do much for my cuticles at all. It never really sunk in, it just stayed on top of my skin, if that makes sense. I also felt like it was sort of a pain to get out of the tub; it takes a lot of swirling with your finger to warm it up enough to be useable. It seemed to be slightly moisturizing, so I gave it 2 lippies, but it's nothing great. I wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 11/3/2014 7:06:00 PM

I love this stuff! Almost through my first tub. I use it of a night time 2 times a week and then pop cotton gloves on to sleep cause it's quite orange and if it were to get on the sheets I think you'd have a hard time getting it off since it's a bit like wax. There is always a little bit of residue left in the morning that I clean off with a tissue but most has soaked in and I now have lovely soft cuticles and skin. This has improved my nail strength and quality a lot too - less peel nails!

I love this little tub of goodness! I purchased this for dirt cheap at a local dollar store at around $2.

When I first opened the product I was surprised to see a deep coral colored solid-looking balm. I was expecting it to be more like a gel or cream like the name suggests.

At first it was hard to get the product out of the tub but then I realized I could warm it up by rubbing my finger over the product. It does have a waxy feel to it but it doesn't bother me at all. I actually kind of like it.

So far I've been using this product for about two weeks and my cuticles look amazing! I can't remember the last time I haven't had at least ONE hangnail or peeling skin above my cuticles. But I have NONE. My cuticles look incredibly healthy due to this product.

Now I've got cuticles like the women with flawless nails that advertise polishes ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A very serviceable cuticle cream; not as moisturizing as some, but also not greasy. The apricot scent is a classic to my sensibilities, just what manicure products should smell like. It's solid, but not so much so that it's hard to get out of the tub. This won't do it for me as my sole cuticle moisturizer---I also use AmLactin body cream and Zoya cuticle balm---but it's a nice evening treatment in addition to everything else I do to keep my cuticles looking like a human being's. More is definitely better - it's best to cover the whole nail and massage it in for a few minutes rather than trying to stick to the cuticles only.

Popular Treatments