Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 1/12/2017 2:31:00 AM

I am using the light/medium shade and I find that it works well for covering the rosacea on my cheeks (which isn't too horrid but still annoying). I use it on its own rather than as a base for foundation and it works really well for my skin. But I also don't use a lot of makeup as I'm mainly just trying to tone down the colour in my cheeks.

on 9/21/2016 12:00:00 PM

It's white grayish when you first squeeze it out, but changes color as you blend it. However didn't notice any coverage on my dark circle. Definitely a useless product for me.

First impressions of this concealer:
Goes on white and turns the shade of your complexion ,mostly. I say that because I do notice a somewhat brightening effect after application.
The texture is lotion-like and was easy to apply.
The blend ability is excellent.
Now,onto the coverage. It's not going to cover any major imperfections such as dark spots,circles,shadowing or scars. The coverage is buildable but can become problematic and cause an whitening overcast to the skin. The coverage is medium light at best.
The longevity is around 4 hours,so plan on touch ups.
On the upswing,it is great for sensitive skinned individuals (of which I am).

It seemed to change color through out the day and came out Grey and watery.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer when it's brand new and just out of the package. it blends well and looks great... after letting it sit in my makeup bag for a few weeks, it split!!! the pigment came blasting out as a liquid that went all over my sink and vanity, and the rest of the concealer was this weird nude colored cream. when i tried to apply it, it would go on unevenly and more of the pigment liquid came gushing out out of concealer making it difficult to apply and messy. Even shaking the tube before using doesn't even help to mix the pigment into the cream. I definitely won't be using this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far, so good. I don't tend to use concealer around my eyes because it always settles in fine lines. Lately, I have had very dark circles. I found this concealer at a great price and decided to give it a try. Doesn't cake up in creases, is not overly highlighted, and blends smoothly.

I purchased the light/medium Smart Shade and it was NOT light at all. The product was thick and orange. I would not recommend this product. I'm off to the store to return it.

on 11/14/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Crap. Had to throw it out. Absolute garbage.
It comes out a different color every time and I can see no rhyme or reason to what color it comes out. On the exact same spot on my face one day it was almost white and the next a chocolatey brown. And I bought the Light! Trying to use it to cover dark circles or blemishes is literally impossible because it just reacts with the darkest it can go. So instead of blue circles under your eyes, have some deep brown ones. They'll look great!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am involved in activities that put me in outside for 9-12 hours a week. Do to this (and my skin that tans very easily) my skin tone is constantly evolving. I've always had trouble finding concealer that can adapt to this. And I thought that I had found a good fix with Smart Shade. The first few weeks it worked extremely well, but only after a moth the concealer has began to separate in the tube and a brown liquid puddle accompanies every dollop of product. Not only that, but the liquid has begun seeping out the tip and into the lid. Just to apply it I have to blend it on my hand before I blend it on my face. It doesn't help when I'm short on time.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Separates no matter what you do.