Almay smart shade

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 6/14/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This concealer is just OK. Overall the 'smart shade' idea does work, the concealer will blend quite naturally into the skintone/foundation colour very nicely. However I find the coverage is quite limited. It can cover a small pimple well but when it comes to the under eye darkness it is almost like nothing has been applied. Just a slight difference but I still look like I've barely slept.
In saying that I think it is good for photographs as sometimes the mismatch of concealer colour can show up in flash photos especially under the eyes but generally I just use my foundation as a concealer to keep a consistent colour if I know a photo is being taken.
Overall I highly doubt I will ever repurchase this again.

on 3/23/2013 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I actually like this quite a bit. I use it around my nose a lot and it blends in beautifully. When I have really bad dark circles I put it under my eyes, as well, I first blend it in with my fingers then blend it out with a brush and it looks totally natural. It never turns orange for me. I may or may not buy it again. I might just try something new when I run out. Overall though I really like it

on 11/8/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very fair and this smart shade makeup made my skin have an orange tinge to it. I do not like it. It also caked up on my problem areas

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This sucks. There I got it out, it sucks. I don't really need concealer on a day-to-day basis and when I do I like it to be not super heavy. This is light to the point of being non-existent. Am I doing ti wrong or something? I dab it in with my fingers and it just disappears :P I gave it the one lippy because though it had crappy coverage, it did match my skin well. But that might be because it just dissipated into my skin. I'm glad I was given this and didn't but it, I wouldn't be a very happy camper!!!

on 2/12/2012 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

not that I ever believed the whole "skin matching" hype, but I was still surprised by how poorly the color of this looked on my skin. being that I'm pale, I bought the lightest shade, but OH MY GOD I looked like Snooki, my face was orange, not good at all. this concealer was also hard to blend because it was sort of thick and dried up on my face quickly, this didn't last through the school day and it sort of flaked up..ew!

on 12/15/2011 1:02:00 AM

I have to defend this little guy.

First of all, I got this for under two bucks at CVS. Heyyyyy!!

So price can't be beat. This is the first time I tried a smart shade product, and I have to say it's really fun watching it change colors when you rub it in. I don't like that I have to actually RUB it in though - I like to pat on a concealer - that's the point, right? So I blend this on my hand and then pat it on my face.

Coverage is ok and it is SLIGHTLY orange-y but I'm still really fair and it blended fine on me.

BEST part about this is that it seems to actually clear my blemishes! I seriously had a tumor-zit on my forehead the first time I used it. Accidentally fell asleep in it and when I woke up, the tumor was all but deflated. I like this stuff. It's SPF 20 too so GREAT for use around the eyes.

on 2/9/2011 7:37:00 PM

Used it for only a couple days and realized it was turning my skin orange where I had applied it. Otherwise would have been a great concealer, just didn't work out for me. Bought in the light shade.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Finally, a concealer that doesn't emphasize dry lines around the eyes, covers what you want it to without looking too thick or noticeable, and has long wear. I guess this doesn't work for most people here on MUA, but it works great for me. It does come out of the tube a strange whiteish-beigeish color, and when you first put it on it's hard to believe it will blend in to your skintone, because when the air hits it it starts getting darker, but it does blend in! (I'm an NC30) I have oily skin and even though I'm now 40, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but do have some dryness/crepeyness around my eyes. I also like the tube applicator (doesn't break or need a swivel, and it's clean). You don't have to use very much of this to be effective, and I've even worn this with just powder under SPF day lotion when I was in a hurry, and it looked fine. I willl keep buying this as long as it's available. Also, does not make my skin oilier and does not oxidize!

on 6/17/2010 3:40:00 AM

I was completely sold by the idea of a "smart shade" concealer. How awesome! I don't even have to worry about mismatched makeup and the dreaded mask! Except I could wear nothing and have practically the same results. I thought it was cool that this goes on white and turns skin-color, but then it just seems to disappear. I think this is a scam. One could easily assume that the concealer is "matching" their skin tone, but I'm not buying it. I think it's just blending in, like lotion. I put it on half of my face and not the other and couldn't see a difference. Almay sucks, and it's really expensive. I won't buy any of their makeup anymore.

on 4/12/2010 8:01:00 PM

This product came with the smart shade makeup when I purchased it and I was really disappointed with both of them. I applied this to the dark circles under my eyes and it only made it look worse when it appeared orange! I don't recommend this to anyone!