Almay smart shade

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 1/12/2017 2:31:00 AM

I am using the light/medium shade and I find that it works well for covering the rosacea on my cheeks (which isn't too horrid but still annoying). I use it on its own rather than as a base for foundation and it works really well for my skin. But I also don't use a lot of makeup as I'm mainly just trying to tone down the colour in my cheeks.

on 9/21/2016 12:00:00 PM

It's white grayish when you first squeeze it out, but changes color as you blend it. However didn't notice any coverage on my dark circle. Definitely a useless product for me.

Stay away from this concealer if you have dark circles or wrinkles. As a concealer it doesn't -- conceal! If you have good skin or if you're one of those 12 year olds who complain about their imaginary undereye circles (crazy but true), then this for you. The good thing is that does look natural in daylight because of its light diffusing properties. I use this when I have enough sleep and want to look natural. I noticed that it only becomes darker if you dab it and leave it on for too long before blending.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was, eh. The coverage is too light for a concealer, it takes longer than I'd like for it to change colors from white the correct shade and even when it's supposed to be blended, it looks a bit white.

I wouldn't buy this again.

on 10/15/2009 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this concealer. I don't like to spend alot, but I buy several brands and types to have around, since my skin can be bad and behaves differently when the weather changes. Winter hit, so I needed a concealer that was more liquid. I bought this during a BOGO sale along with the foundation in Light and Light/Medium and found the that Light/Medium matches my skin well (I will give the Light to a very pale friend of mine). It covers up my rosacea without looking cakey, and stays on all day without being greasy (didn't need to blot). The only complaint I have is that if I don't blend it well, I will get a weird streak of color (thus 4 instead of 5 lippies). I have yet to find a concealer that doesn't reveal my flaky dry patches at the end of the day, but this is one of the better ones.
Edit: I'm actually liking this quite a bit more now that I'm using both light/medium and medium shades concurrently and sometimes mixed, to match the different regions on my face.
Edit 2: I have not problems blending now, so I don't get streaks anymore, and I just bought more. After "testing" even more expensive brands of concealer, I'm still liking this one more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product. I had spent lots of time researching the best drugstore makeups, only to walk through the target beauty isle and grab this gem on impulse. ( I had heard good things from a light haired picky friend that the smart shade foundation had worked well for her and I was curious) The color at first was very strange but it adjusted to y coloring and covered my acne spots all day in the sweltering Texas summer. I am excited to try the foundation! Be aware this is not good for covering very dark spots or large areas. I consider this good for acne spots or small red abrasions.

on 6/28/2009 7:33:00 AM

When I first got this, I was really excited about the idea of a concealer that "magically" matched my skin. I got to use a tester in the drugstore on my hand, and it looked like it matched my skin tone pretty well, so I bought it to try. And I have to admit, it did a pretty good job of matching my skin color. I'm Asian with yellow undertones, but a natural tan, so it's a little hard to find products that match my color well.

However, that's the only good thing I can say about this product.

Yes, it matched my skin tone, but it does absolutely nothing for blemishes, settles into lines under eyes, looks cakey overtime, and accentuates dry/flaky areas. Blendable, but not layerable at all. When I had this on, it looked like I wasn't wearing anything (and not in the good way). I don't know what's the point of wearing a concealer that doesn't conceal. What a waste of time and money.