Almay smart shade

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

First impressions of this concealer:
Goes on white and turns the shade of your complexion ,mostly. I say that because I do notice a somewhat brightening effect after application.
The texture is lotion-like and was easy to apply.
The blend ability is excellent.
Now,onto the coverage. It's not going to cover any major imperfections such as dark spots,circles,shadowing or scars. The coverage is buildable but can become problematic and cause an whitening overcast to the skin. The coverage is medium light at best.
The longevity is around 4 hours,so plan on touch ups.
On the upswing,it is great for sensitive skinned individuals (of which I am).

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer when it's brand new and just out of the package. it blends well and looks great... after letting it sit in my makeup bag for a few weeks, it split!!! the pigment came blasting out as a liquid that went all over my sink and vanity, and the rest of the concealer was this weird nude colored cream. when i tried to apply it, it would go on unevenly and more of the pigment liquid came gushing out out of concealer making it difficult to apply and messy. Even shaking the tube before using doesn't even help to mix the pigment into the cream. I definitely won't be using this product again.

Yes it matches skin tone but that's where it ends. Doesn't do an even so-so job of concealing imperfections,which judging from the name of the product is not the focus here.

As a concealer, I'd give this product average rating. The hue looked a tad yellow on my skin, it didn't really blend that well. The texture was good but the look just wasn't natural enough for me.

on 10/27/2013 1:23:00 AM

it doesnt really work as a concealer imo, so i kept it and just use it as a foundation, just like the full size bottle.

I really like this concealer. I honestly bought it on a whim, lured by a sign stating that if I didn't like the product, I could return it. I'd been considering a new concealer (my other one was a powder formula and had a few issues...crepey under my eyes and orange everywhere else.) but finding a match for both under my eyes AND on the rest of my face is a challenge and I'm too lazy to want to have to use multiple products.

In all honesty, I bought this thinking it couldn't possibly work and I would probably be returning it (for a full refund). Curiosity got the best of me.

It turned out to be a pretty awesome product. Somehow, it does what it promises- at least on my skin (I have a hard time believing this works for everyone, but I seem to have the perfect skin for it). It stays on very well (hardly any creases at all by the end of the day, and the coverage lasts and lasts.)

My one gripe, is that I wish it covered better. It is buildable, but it's harder to get good coverage on blemishes (since the act of blending it in, rubs it OFF of the pesky little demons, but this is a problem that I've had with EVERY concealer that I've tried thus far. So far, this one has performed better than all the others.)

I'd definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly it seems to me more like a full coverage foundation than concealer because it didn't help much for my under eye darkness, but it was really good at evening out my skintone/slight discoloration around my nose and cheeks. I'm happy that it stayed put throughout my 6 hour school day with no touchups needed.

Note: A lot of people say it turns their skin orange but I didn't get that at all! I think it's because I got the 010 Light/pale, and I would definitely classify my skin as medium and olive colored, not pale at all. (But the color still ended up matching my skin.) Also nice that it has SPF.

Overall I wouldn't repurchase as a concealer, but I would purchase if I found it on sale just as a backup "foundation."

on 3/17/2013 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't get what the hate is on this product; I totally dig it! I have been using this concealer for about 6 months now and have had no issues with it. I love how it totally blends to my skin tone. At first, it goes on light, and then in a few seconds it magically adjusts to my skin color. It's amazing. It never breaks me out and it's a super natural-looking finish, which is why I will continue to by this product. Plus, with almay, you know you're getting the best in non-comedogenics, which is a plus.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a review of the plain version of the Smart Shade concealer (not the anti aging version). I used it as an under eye concealer. It actually emphasized the fine lines. The product disappeared and whatever was left, settled into the lines.

I was genuinely surprised at the reviews about this product! Several of the reviews said they tried applying with a concealer brush when the product clearly tells you to use your fingers. I squeeze a bit out onto my finger tips and then dot (not spread or blend in), but dot continually until it matches my skin tone. I brought the lightest shade they had, even though I have a light to medium skin tone. I'm glad I did since it blends to a shade or two lighter, which is great for my dark circles. The one time it turned me orange was when I placed it right on a red spot and tried to dot from there. I learned that it's easier to start a tad next to the red spot and then work your way over, and it covers it fairly well. It's also not heavy at all yet it provides full coverage and lasts a long time. I finish off by stippling my liquid foundation all over and my skin looks perfect (though I have horrible acne)! Will definitely buy again.