Almay smart shade

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

First impressions of this concealer:
Goes on white and turns the shade of your complexion ,mostly. I say that because I do notice a somewhat brightening effect after application.
The texture is lotion-like and was easy to apply.
The blend ability is excellent.
Now,onto the coverage. It's not going to cover any major imperfections such as dark spots,circles,shadowing or scars. The coverage is buildable but can become problematic and cause an whitening overcast to the skin. The coverage is medium light at best.
The longevity is around 4 hours,so plan on touch ups.
On the upswing,it is great for sensitive skinned individuals (of which I am).

Yes it matches skin tone but that's where it ends. Doesn't do an even so-so job of concealing imperfections,which judging from the name of the product is not the focus here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As I am approaching nearly 40 years of age (ugh!), I realised my usual concealers were not working for me anymore. They were making my fine lines stand out more.

So I was on the lookout for an inexpensive concealer that wouldn't make me fine lines more apparent. I decided to try Almay Smart Shade Anti Ageing Concealer.

It lived up to it's name! I use a tiny bit at a time, it goes on white, but immediately changes to match your skin (depending on which shade you need, I use light)

Brilliant!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a review of the plain version of the Smart Shade concealer (not the anti aging version). I used it as an under eye concealer. It actually emphasized the fine lines. The product disappeared and whatever was left, settled into the lines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This sucks. There I got it out, it sucks. I don't really need concealer on a day-to-day basis and when I do I like it to be not super heavy. This is light to the point of being non-existent. Am I doing ti wrong or something? I dab it in with my fingers and it just disappears :P I gave it the one lippy because though it had crappy coverage, it did match my skin well. But that might be because it just dissipated into my skin. I'm glad I was given this and didn't but it, I wouldn't be a very happy camper!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in medium. This concealer comes out white and gradually blends out to your perfect color. Yeah right!!! I tried every way applying this and it still turns orange on me and not to mention the GLITTER!!! Omg I usually don't notice shimmer in foundation but the shimmers are very noticeable. I had a swatch of this on my hand and the shimmers remained on my hand after numerous trips to the bathroom to scrub it off... Bottom Line: This concealer will turn a few shades darker. Not good for the acne prone or oily skin (unless u like glitter?) I Do not Reccomend.

on 3/24/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this and I thought it worked better then any other concealer I have ever used and I love to use it when I use my smart shade foundation or on it's own.

on 3/21/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this concealer for a few years now, along with the Almay smart shade foundation. It's definitely not a heavy duty concealer, but it gets the job done for what I need (covering mild undereye circles & the occassional blemish). Love the consistency and texture after application; I hate feeling like I have layers of stuff caked on my face.

on 7/18/2010 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't understand all the terrible reviews on this product, but I've come to learn from my friends' experiences that you either have a love or hate relationship with this concealer.

First of all, I bought this concealer as an impulse buy. I was looking for my first concealer because beforehand, I only used a tinted moisturizer to even out my skintone. I wasn't going for something like MAC or something at Sephora, so I headed to the drugstore. It looked pretty cool, and I was in a rush, so I bought it for around $10 CAD, in the shade "light". I was surprised to find I loved it.

Here's a basic summary:

Pros:

- Didn't break me out.

- Packing is hygienic.

- Matched my EXACT skintone - when I accidently bought a tube in "light/medium" instead of "light", it still matched my skintone. I found that incredibly cool.

- Almay is cruelty free.

- Doesn't smudge easily, I went swimming with it and still had it on at the end of the day.

Cons:

- I have sensitive skin, and one time I put it on, it BURNED - but only because I had a mild sunburn. Otherwise, it has been treating my skin nicely.

- The price - around $10 for 11ml. However, a little goes a long way.

- Light to medium coverage - if you're looking for heavy coverage, this isn't for you.

My favourite part was probably that it matched my skin precisely, and that I went swimming in it, and it stayed on. :)

I will definitely buy it again - I just hope they lower the price !

on 12/18/2009 10:47:00 AM

This made my skin break out, didn't cover the bruise at all and the second layer I added to cover the purple didn't match my skin tone but stayed a glowing white. I also don't like this dry-ish liquid texture--it's too hard to blend compared with the ones that come in a tube like a lipstick. A waste of money.