Almay smart shade

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far, so good. I don't tend to use concealer around my eyes because it always settles in fine lines. Lately, I have had very dark circles. I found this concealer at a great price and decided to give it a try. Doesn't cake up in creases, is not overly highlighted, and blends smoothly.

on 11/14/2014 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Crap. Had to throw it out. Absolute garbage.
It comes out a different color every time and I can see no rhyme or reason to what color it comes out. On the exact same spot on my face one day it was almost white and the next a chocolatey brown. And I bought the Light! Trying to use it to cover dark circles or blemishes is literally impossible because it just reacts with the darkest it can go. So instead of blue circles under your eyes, have some deep brown ones. They'll look great!

on 4/2/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product for the price point. A little goes a long way. Goes on smoothly, and conceals well. I use it under my eyes, and around my nose. It blends very well with my skin tone, and I don't get any of that orange that other reviewers mentioned. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I buy the lightest shade offered. Definitely not the BEST product on the market, but still a must have in my makeup bag. Great for everyday. I think I am on my third tube. I generally just dab a bit on my finger and apply. Sometimes, I use a brush. It's a pretty fool proof product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I normally have a nearly-impossible tine finding concealer hat matches my skintone, so when I saw this self-adjusting one, I thought I'd give it a shot; it definitely did not work out for me. I have several problems with this concealer.

First off, the color. While it didn't turn orange on me, this concealer was far too yellow. I have very cool/pink skin, so I couldn't even dream of using it anywhere on my face but on my undereye circles, and even there it was way too warm/yellow.

Second, the glitter. Oh gosh, the glitter. I got the "Anti-Aging" version of this concealer, and I don't know about the normal one, but it was chock-full of microglitter; I tried this around my nose and it looked like I had just rubbed glitter all over my face! This glitter is not flattering, and it actually draws attention to wherever you put it. Also, t claimed to not settle in fine lines, but it accentuated mine (and I'm only 19!).

Thirdly, the formulation/coverage. To get any sort of decent coverage with this concealer, you have to tap it on. To get it to blend to a color instead of being white, you have to rub it in. So, by the you blend it in, you've just smeared away any coverage you had.

The only pro to this product was the packaging and amount of product, but a nice container and a lot of a poor product aren't anywhere close to a saving grace for this stuff. You would be much better off buying something else.

on 6/12/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have no complaints at all with this product. Right now I am using it in Light/Medium and it matches my skin perfectly (probably between a 20-25 right now). I use it under my eyes and on pimples and old scars. I use this product after I apply my foundation. I squeeze a half of a rice grain size on my index finger, work it up a bit with the other index finger, dot it under each eye and blend, and then use what is left on spotty areas. This method does not completely blot out imperfections like undereye circles and blemishes, but I feel that it blends them in well enough that they don't jump out at me when I check my reflection in the mirror. It's kind of like smoothing on a second layer of foundation, but for some reason, actually smoothing on a second layer of foundation never gives me the perfection of coverage and finish that this product does. I don't have results like the first picture posted above at all....but everyone's results are different, so I'm just stating my experience with this product, for the record.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This was, eh. The coverage is too light for a concealer, it takes longer than I'd like for it to change colors from white the correct shade and even when it's supposed to be blended, it looks a bit white.

I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally, a concealer that doesn't emphasize dry lines around the eyes, covers what you want it to without looking too thick or noticeable, and has long wear. I guess this doesn't work for most people here on MUA, but it works great for me. It does come out of the tube a strange whiteish-beigeish color, and when you first put it on it's hard to believe it will blend in to your skintone, because when the air hits it it starts getting darker, but it does blend in! (I'm an NC30) I have oily skin and even though I'm now 40, I don't have a lot of wrinkles, but do have some dryness/crepeyness around my eyes. I also like the tube applicator (doesn't break or need a swivel, and it's clean). You don't have to use very much of this to be effective, and I've even worn this with just powder under SPF day lotion when I was in a hurry, and it looked fine. I willl keep buying this as long as it's available. Also, does not make my skin oilier and does not oxidize!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this concealer for hiding scars, general redness/uneven skin tone, undereye circles, and mild/medium acne. I practically use it as foundation, except that it doesn't look cakey/heavy/opaque and I don't use it to cover my entire face. It doesn't seem to emphasize dry skin unless my skin is super flaky. It doesn't come off easily, even though I have oily-based skin. (I know, flakiness and oiliness should cancel out. But it doesn't on my face...)

Cons: Sometimes, I find small pockets of watery pigment when it comes out of the tube. I can't put this pigment on my skin because it'll tint my skin super dark! When you layer it, that patch of your skin will get really dark. The packaging is also kind of annoying because you have to make sure you don't squeeze too hard so that concealer pops out. What I do is just squeeze out a little circle on the back of my hand and use my hand like a palette.

But in general, I quite like it. The finish is sort of satiny, but mostly just matches the finish of my skin.

on 3/5/2010 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the packaging. I like the blendability, and I like that I got it for two bucks in a warehouse sale. That's about it, really--it doesn't conceal at all! If you put a thin layer on, it matches pretty well, but if you try to put on another one (because the first one doesn't change anything!), it sort of goes a little orange. Didn't like it at all.

on 12/2/2009 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love how this concealer "matches" to your skin, I got this in light and it matches my skin perfectly! I only use this to cover my dark under eye circles though. It's so light and it blends so well into my skin. I just use my finger to blend it all out and it works like a dream. For blemishes I feel like it doesn't work as well. Maybe because it's so thin and water like? I have no idea how to describe it. So I took of 2 lippies for not being able to conceal blemishes, and I think that this does fade a little throughout the day. Despite this fact, I will repurchase this product again only because how amazing it works for underneath my eyes!