Almay smart shade

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 1/12/2017 2:31:00 AM

I am using the light/medium shade and I find that it works well for covering the rosacea on my cheeks (which isn't too horrid but still annoying). I use it on its own rather than as a base for foundation and it works really well for my skin. But I also don't use a lot of makeup as I'm mainly just trying to tone down the colour in my cheeks.

on 9/21/2016 12:00:00 PM

It's white grayish when you first squeeze it out, but changes color as you blend it. However didn't notice any coverage on my dark circle. Definitely a useless product for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly it seems to me more like a full coverage foundation than concealer because it didn't help much for my under eye darkness, but it was really good at evening out my skintone/slight discoloration around my nose and cheeks. I'm happy that it stayed put throughout my 6 hour school day with no touchups needed.

Note: A lot of people say it turns their skin orange but I didn't get that at all! I think it's because I got the 010 Light/pale, and I would definitely classify my skin as medium and olive colored, not pale at all. (But the color still ended up matching my skin.) Also nice that it has SPF.

Overall I wouldn't repurchase as a concealer, but I would purchase if I found it on sale just as a backup "foundation."

on 3/23/2013 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I actually like this quite a bit. I use it around my nose a lot and it blends in beautifully. When I have really bad dark circles I put it under my eyes, as well, I first blend it in with my fingers then blend it out with a brush and it looks totally natural. It never turns orange for me. I may or may not buy it again. I might just try something new when I run out. Overall though I really like it

I think this is one of the best concealers out there. I notice that many reviews are negative however 40 + women like myself have given it positive reviews.

I love this product. Great packaging , no perfume, blends well, looks very natural and you can build cover. I use light/medium under eyes and around redness near nose.

This seems to blend in and match my foundations well .

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't have super dark circles or blemishes and it doesn't cover too well. It's not worth the price. The only thing I liked was how smooth it went on and made my skin feel, but I will not be purchasing this again.

on 12/15/2011 1:02:00 AM

I have to defend this little guy.

First of all, I got this for under two bucks at CVS. Heyyyyy!!

So price can't be beat. This is the first time I tried a smart shade product, and I have to say it's really fun watching it change colors when you rub it in. I don't like that I have to actually RUB it in though - I like to pat on a concealer - that's the point, right? So I blend this on my hand and then pat it on my face.

Coverage is ok and it is SLIGHTLY orange-y but I'm still really fair and it blended fine on me.

BEST part about this is that it seems to actually clear my blemishes! I seriously had a tumor-zit on my forehead the first time I used it. Accidentally fell asleep in it and when I woke up, the tumor was all but deflated. I like this stuff. It's SPF 20 too so GREAT for use around the eyes.

I was suspect of the "Smart Shade Technology" from the commercials. technology is not advanced enough for us to have self blending camo in the military, let alone self blending, coloursmart makeup.

Of course, its a cheap trick. The makeup comes out pale then darkens as it oxidizes. If you apply it too thick or don't blend it properly, it gives horrible bright splotches. If you apply it properly, it will make you look like you're wearing bronzer. I can see that working for some people, but it does not work for me. If the makeup just stayed the same color as it is in the tube, I would have been much happier. I got the lightest shade, and it still turned rather bronzy.

I'm not saying that this will be bad for everyone...just for people that have pale skin and dont go for the 'tanned' look.

does not blend with skin
doesn't cover well, quite thin

on 11/11/2010 2:32:00 PM

I bought this because of the price and I think I would have been better of spending the extra money and getting something I can actually use. It doesnt last the longest but it can sometimes work around the nose but when I blend it in it turns orange-y. Plus the coverage isnt great either. Don't buy.