Almay smart shade

Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/21/2016 12:00:00 PM

It's white grayish when you first squeeze it out, but changes color as you blend it. However didn't notice any coverage on my dark circle. Definitely a useless product for me.

It seemed to change color through out the day and came out Grey and watery.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer when it's brand new and just out of the package. it blends well and looks great... after letting it sit in my makeup bag for a few weeks, it split!!! the pigment came blasting out as a liquid that went all over my sink and vanity, and the rest of the concealer was this weird nude colored cream. when i tried to apply it, it would go on unevenly and more of the pigment liquid came gushing out out of concealer making it difficult to apply and messy. Even shaking the tube before using doesn't even help to mix the pigment into the cream. I definitely won't be using this product again.

I purchased the light/medium Smart Shade and it was NOT light at all. The product was thick and orange. I would not recommend this product. I'm off to the store to return it.

on 11/14/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Crap. Had to throw it out. Absolute garbage.
It comes out a different color every time and I can see no rhyme or reason to what color it comes out. On the exact same spot on my face one day it was almost white and the next a chocolatey brown. And I bought the Light! Trying to use it to cover dark circles or blemishes is literally impossible because it just reacts with the darkest it can go. So instead of blue circles under your eyes, have some deep brown ones. They'll look great!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Awful. Separates no matter what you do.

on 7/21/2014 6:06:00 PM

WORST. CONCEALER. EVER. First, no matter how much you shake the tube, the product separates badly. When you squeeze it onto your finger or a sponge, it comes out as a dark brown oily liquid (which can't be good for my acne-prone skin) and a blob of whitish paste. After blending the two, you get an uber-light oily concealer. Although my skin tone is very pale and I always need the lightest shade of foundations and concealers, this was still way too light for me. Even worse, the coverage was poor...it was far too sheer to conceal either red marks from acne or dark eye circles. Layering did not help the coverage, it only made it obvious that I was wearing concealer. Yet after washing my hands with soap, I could still see some of the concealer on my fingers! I guess you need makeup remover to get it off properly. I'm also not crazy about the tube packaging...I prefer sticks or pencils that are easier to apply and less prone to spillage in my purse.

Would not recommend or repurchase. In fact, I'm taking this back to Target to see if they will refund my money.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I had heard about this concealer and i thought the "Smart Shade" aspect would work well for me as I have discoloured spots. I asked for it for Christmas as I realized I wanted to try it around Christmas Time. I tried it and was extremely dissapointed. The Titile is a lie. It did not match my skin tone at all, and maybe I just bought the wrong one but even had I got a lighter shade, it was quite orange. I hate orange-ish makeup, therefore the only time that I use this is when i use my other poorly constructed concealer by Almay that is too light for my skin. When mixed they have nice coverage , but alone; never work for me.

I very much do not reccmend trying this product. If you are looking for a nice concealer go for the Covergirl FreshComplexion which I absolutely adore.

In conclusion, I can safely say that my holy grail concealer is definetely not from Almay.

on 11/8/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very fair and this smart shade makeup made my skin have an orange tinge to it. I do not like it. It also caked up on my problem areas

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a review of the plain version of the Smart Shade concealer (not the anti aging version). I used it as an under eye concealer. It actually emphasized the fine lines. The product disappeared and whatever was left, settled into the lines.