Almay smart shade

Filtered by age: 30-35
Almay smart shade
smart shadesmart shade

2.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's a decent concealer when it's brand new and just out of the package. it blends well and looks great... after letting it sit in my makeup bag for a few weeks, it split!!! the pigment came blasting out as a liquid that went all over my sink and vanity, and the rest of the concealer was this weird nude colored cream. when i tried to apply it, it would go on unevenly and more of the pigment liquid came gushing out out of concealer making it difficult to apply and messy. Even shaking the tube before using doesn't even help to mix the pigment into the cream. I definitely won't be using this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So far, so good. I don't tend to use concealer around my eyes because it always settles in fine lines. Lately, I have had very dark circles. I found this concealer at a great price and decided to give it a try. Doesn't cake up in creases, is not overly highlighted, and blends smoothly.

on 7/21/2014 6:06:00 PM

WORST. CONCEALER. EVER. First, no matter how much you shake the tube, the product separates badly. When you squeeze it onto your finger or a sponge, it comes out as a dark brown oily liquid (which can't be good for my acne-prone skin) and a blob of whitish paste. After blending the two, you get an uber-light oily concealer. Although my skin tone is very pale and I always need the lightest shade of foundations and concealers, this was still way too light for me. Even worse, the coverage was poor...it was far too sheer to conceal either red marks from acne or dark eye circles. Layering did not help the coverage, it only made it obvious that I was wearing concealer. Yet after washing my hands with soap, I could still see some of the concealer on my fingers! I guess you need makeup remover to get it off properly. I'm also not crazy about the tube packaging...I prefer sticks or pencils that are easier to apply and less prone to spillage in my purse.

Would not recommend or repurchase. In fact, I'm taking this back to Target to see if they will refund my money.

on 4/2/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product for the price point. A little goes a long way. Goes on smoothly, and conceals well. I use it under my eyes, and around my nose. It blends very well with my skin tone, and I don't get any of that orange that other reviewers mentioned. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I buy the lightest shade offered. Definitely not the BEST product on the market, but still a must have in my makeup bag. Great for everyday. I think I am on my third tube. I generally just dab a bit on my finger and apply. Sometimes, I use a brush. It's a pretty fool proof product.

on 9/4/2012 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: Hmmm, well after using this concealer a 2nd time, I see what all the orange comments are about. The 1st time, I used this over top of my foundation, went to school, and it worked great. Today, I used it underneath my foundation, ran errands, caught sight of myself in the mirror at the store and, yup, I was orange. I hope that I wasn't orange in artificial lighting yesterday too, and just didn't notice! I guess I will try it again over my makeup and see what happens...
ORIGINAL REVIEW: Strange stuff, but it worked for me. I'm very pale/neutral (for reference, there are no mac shades light enough for me). I have to mix the lightest shade of whatever concealer I get with a pure white concealer in order to get something light enough for me (cut off parts of the sticks, melt them together, try to mix... it's a big PITA!). Lately though, my usual mix was looking cakey. I went through a bad BCP breakout and am covered in red marks, plus a few active spots. The acne topical I'm using is causing flaking in a few areas, which my concealer has been bringing out.
Anyway, I bought this on a whim and have only used it once (I will update if anything changes).
I squeezed some out on the back of my hand, rubbed it in just a little, and then applied to my blemishes with a small concealer brush. The consistency is very thin and watery, so I didn't think it was going to cover anything, but the coverage is actually quite good. Not super heavy, but it seems to be buildable if more coverage is needed.
Reading all of the reviews saying that it turned orange on them, I might have figured out what the problem is. I noticed that the more I rubbed it into my hand (as I was picking it up with the brush), that it was starting to turn orange. I did NOT rub it onto my face (only pressed it in with my ring finger, after applying with the brush), and it didn't turn orange there at all. So it might be all about how it's applied. Can't say for sure, of course.
I put it on over my mineral foundation and it looked surprisingly good! Matched my skin quite well, didn't pick up flakes, didn't oxidize, stayed put...
Overall, I was pretty impressed! Hopefully it will continue to perform this way!

Stay away from this concealer if you have dark circles or wrinkles. As a concealer it doesn't -- conceal! If you have good skin or if you're one of those 12 year olds who complain about their imaginary undereye circles (crazy but true), then this for you. The good thing is that does look natural in daylight because of its light diffusing properties. I use this when I have enough sleep and want to look natural. I noticed that it only becomes darker if you dab it and leave it on for too long before blending.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I get really dark tanned skin in the summer. My usual concealer was making my tanned skin look white in the areas where I use it in comparison to the rest of my face, so it was time for a new concealer. I purchased the Almay Smart Shade concealer in Medium and have found that it blends in well with my skin. It doesn't conceal very heavily- but for my usage; under eye circles and the occasional discolouration, it works perfectly. For the summer, it's a great light-weight concealer. I probably wouldn't continue to use this once my tan fades after the summer, but for light coverage in humid weather on tanned skin, I am actually quite pleased!

on 3/21/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this concealer for a few years now, along with the Almay smart shade foundation. It's definitely not a heavy duty concealer, but it gets the job done for what I need (covering mild undereye circles & the occassional blemish). Love the consistency and texture after application; I hate feeling like I have layers of stuff caked on my face.

If you want a really good coverage, you probably won't like this. For me, I'd rather get a light coverage without having thick layers of concealer around my eyes that end up sitting the lines...so this concealer is perfect for my skin. It gives light coverage but very moisturizing and smooth. I am currently applying lancome corrector with this Almay's light-medium shade concealer which gave me a decent coverage without accentuating fine lines. The most annoying part is you get randome stricks of very dark brownish color and its 10 times darker than its normal shade. Other than this, I love this concealer for my under eye dark circle cover.

I've got fair skin, and this product just turns yellowish brown on me. I bought this for emergency back up, as my local store was out of my regular concealer. I'd rather have my blemishes show, than have horribly discolored spots all over. In some spots it looked like I had bruising on my face. Not good at all.