Almay smart shade

smart shadesmart shade

1.5

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.0%), Zinc Oxide (2.0%)Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (Water) (Water, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trisiloxane, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Alcohol Denatured, Phenyltrimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Alumina, Boron Nitrate, Galactoarabinan, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (Grape), Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ammonium Polyacrylatedimethyl Tauramide, Cycloheptasiloxane, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this at an outlet store and was thrilled at the price. I wanted to try it but couldnt justify paying that much at the drug store. I am glad I didnt buy this at full price now because it is MUCH too yellow for my skin tone and it highlights everything I want to hide. I tried putting powder over it, I tried blending better, using liquid foundations vs powder foundations, everything!

The odd thing is, it works ten times better as an under eye concealer than a blemish concealer, so I havent thrown it out, I just assigned it another job, hence the two lippies instead of none at all.

I do want to mention how if you look at it really closely there are little black flecks in the lotion and when these flecks burst and dissolve (microbeads of pigment?) it mixes into the lotion/base of the concealer to create a color that 'matches' your skin. However, if you get too many of these black flecks, it makes your concealer batch turn even more yellow. It's a gamble I find. No two dabs of this product is 100% the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

On a whim I bought this this weekend hoping to save some $ on some much needed concealer---I have a few red spots here and there from past breakouts that I was hoping I could just cover and touch up with a little powder (ie forgo foundation!).

I am very fair, so I bought the lightest shade. It comes out as a really strange white/clayish color, very light consistency...doesn't work to cover light scarring without packing it on! Is O-K undereye and for light redness (like under the nose and such). Not wowed, more confused and will buck up and go spend the money on something that works.