Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

Filtered by age: 44-55
Physicians Formula Plump Potion Clear

4.2

Polybutene, Synthetic Beeswax, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Caffeine, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethyl Menthane Carboxamide, Flavor, Menthol, Methyl Nicotinate, Niacin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol Ricinoleate, Quarternium-90 Bentonite, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Tribehenin, Bht, Propylparaben, Bismuth Oxychloride, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Iron Oxides, Mineral Oil,Palmitic Acid, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Tin Oxide, Silica, Yellow 5.

on 8/16/2013 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I have naturally full lips, so I don't really need "plumping."

However, I wanted to give this a try as a treatment, since, as I near 50, I find that my lips just are not as smooth as they have always been before.

So I've been using Plump Potion at bedtime every night, and while it hasn't made my lips look 20 again, it has helped some, and I am pleased with that.

Plump Potion is quite thick and sticky; I'm not sure I'd want to wear it as a gloss. It feels nicely emollient, though, and has a pleasant mint-like scent/taste. I didn't find that it stings, and I have fairly sensitive skin.

I'd buy Plump Potion again, because it's a reasonably priced, effective product from a cruelty-free company. I give it only a four, because it's not a "miracle" product, but I am pleased with it.

on 2/15/2013 9:57:00 AM

I'm going to review this lip gloss after using it exclusively for almost 4 years. I dont know why I didn't earlier. I absolutely adore this product and it has changed my lips for the better. I had very full nice lips when I was younger but aging really thinned them out, i'm 45 now. I apply this gloss a couple times a day and before bed.When I sleep with it on I wake up to super plump moisturized lips and it has somehow also eradicated the lip lines that I should have being a former long time smoker, but I have none. I stopped using it for a month recently just so I could try new products. My lips went back to being half the size. So, lesson learned as i'm never straying again! This gloss stays on extremely well and you dont have to reapply very often. It works well with any of my lipsticks. I dont mind the smell at all. I find it very neutral, a tad tingly but not painfully so and i've never found anything more moisturizing and i've tried alot of lip fix products. I pray that they keep making this forever. I pay about 15 dollars for it where I live but i'd pay more. It's my one product I can't live without!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This has to be the worst product I have ever tried on my lips. Between the burning, sticky, tacky, horrible taste--and the fact that there was no plumping, at all--I could not get this junk off fast enough! I'm thrilled that it has worked well for others, but as for me, this was a very bad experience.

on 7/4/2009 3:08:00 AM

Physician's Formula rarely gets credit for its expensively formulated products, perhaps because the brand's packaging and advertising are not as good as they could be. This product was reduced at CVS from $10. to $2.50 and I intend to get at least three more. The acrylic container is very sturdy and is unlikely to come apart, which happened to me when I used other products of this type. But what's really exciting are all the cutting edge cosmoceuticals in this product. It has a tripeptide blend to encourage collagen production, hyaluronic microspheres for immediate plumping and instaplump (basically, the tingly type of lip plumpers.) I bought it in colorless and noticed its effects within 20 minutes.

I would hate to see PF go under the way that Jane did.
It's important to support these small brands, which often create a much better product than Revlon,Loreal and Cover Girl.

on 7/2/2009 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've used about every lip plumper there is out there....Stung....Sally Hansen instant lip plumper......Sally Hansen Lip Treatment....Sally Hansen Lip Definer...Avon.....E.L.F....Lip Fusion.....Maybelline XL....PCA Skin Lip Peptide....you name it...I've tried it. So far, this one gives you the most plump for your $$$$$$. Not expensive ...I have paid any where from $6 - 40 for a lip plumper and for the price of this one. You get a lot for your money. A very generous tube with a brush applicator. So far the plump lasts the longest with this one with out the excruciating pain you can get with some of the others. This one stings a little...but not enough to make you scream. It flushes the lips to a nice blushy look giving them an instant plumper look and filling in those crepy lines you get when you hit 40..My lips look so juicy. ....and I have thin lips so I know what I'm talking about here. After a few weeks of using, gives definition and real lasting plump from the peptides added to this formula. It's wonderful for your lips!

I am positively addicted to this lip gloss! It really pumps up my fairly thin lips and it has completely cured my chronically chapped lips!
Be careful with it, however. The other day I put some on before refreshing my makeup and managed to get some of it on my face. This resulted in hive-like welts on my face that lasted about a half an hour. At first I couldn't figure out where they had come from! LOL It's that plumping component in action! If you get some on your fingers (even though the packaging makes it kind of hard to do that) make sure you wash your hands. I doubt you'd want ton inadvertently rub your eyes with the stuff!
I agree with some of the other girls that the colored versions are not as nice as the clear and the crystal, although I will use them if I'm going out. One of the nicest things about the clear and the crystal (which is almost clear) is that the plumping agents increase blood flow, making my lips a very nice rosy color, the lip equivalent of my mother's old cure for paleness--"pinch your cheeks." This product pinches the cheeks of your lips, so to speak!
Oh, and this is worth mentioning again--this product has completely cured my chronically chapped lips, something even the higher end lip treatments have been unable to do!