no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

I really wanted to like this makeup! I decided to trial the Liquid Silk Foundation (matte) by purchasing a trio pack with the colours Vanilla, Vienna and Mocha. I am very fair, blonde, green eyes, combination skin with some redness and according to the website Vanilla should be the ideal colour. I usually wear Clinique Alabaster as my perfect match. Vanilla... Egads! It was surprisingly dark. Orangey/yellow in tone, looked like I had an accident with a fake tan bottle. Hard to explain. I did take photos. It looked terrible. I looked like one of the girls from Snog Marry Avoid before the makeunder. One side of my face I used Vanilla, the other Vienna, so I could see the difference. Vienna, although meant to be for medium skin tone, was lighter and was closer to my natural skin tone compared to the Vanilla, but it was still quite a warm beige, so unfortunately this colour also didn't quite suit me. I also trialed the Mirenesse CC Hydro Mouse in Vanilla, this is completely different to the Liquid Silk Vanilla - much lighter in colour, too light for me. Made me look a bit ghosty. I liked the powder finish feel though. Surprised me that the same 'colour' in the different foundations could be soooo different. I still gave this product 3 stars because the texture and way the product felt on the skin was really nice. It covered well, medium coverage, buildable. If you can colour match the limited range then it may work for you - I would suggest doing what I did though and get a sample before investing in this makeup!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0
from

5 years ago

I purchased the matte version of this from Hautelook after doing extensive internet research. My color was Vanilla, which Mirenesse denotes as being for the fairest of fair complexions. This is where everything went wrong. Upon opening the box and looking at the bottle I was startled at the color. Before removing the outer plastic sheath I convinced myself that this had to be a standard bottle color and not the color of the product contained. Was I wrong. After having to depress the pump at least 8 times before foundation was expressed I was shocked to discover that Vanilla is clearly not for a fair complected person. In fact, even when I took sun during my youth, and that was a really long time ago, this color would still be far too deep for any tanned fair person. Vanilla is very yellow and very tan. I cannot attest to the formula. On the back of my hand it seemed thick and opaque. I applied a pump of product to my cheek and chuckled at how unflattering this dark sallow color was to my PPP complexion. I'm perplexed Mirenesse considers Vanilla suitable for pale skintone. I suspect this color would be ideal for someone who is mid-deep tone warm complected. I called Hautelook and they were gracious to accept this for full return. Other Mirenesse purchases have been lovely. This one, epic fail.

About reviewer (370 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Other, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

This has a nice texture, I tried the matt version

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

1.0

8 years ago

I purchased a trial of this product and loved it so much I didn't hesitate to purchase the full size product, however when I received my full sized bottle, it was a COMPLETELY different colour to the sample, a hidious shade of orange (mocha) and the texture was a lot runnier than the sample. I contacted mirenesse and they assured me that the trial sample and the full size item were the same colour... definately not the case, also the pump on it refused to work after I tried to use it the second time; I was hoping the colour had magically turned to a wearable shade, but it wasn't the case :/

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I have been using this foundation for years. The only foundation I can use around my eyes without an allergic reaction. It makes my skin look really clear and glowing. I use Smashbox primer under it and I brush Peter Thomas Roth SPF mineral powder over it to set and provide the SPF I need (even though there is SPF in the foundation). I wish they sold this in the States!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I got a sample of this foundation when I bought Mirenesse mascara. So I can't really comment on the price and packaging. Just like their popular mascara, this foundation is the best foundation I used so far! Silky and doesn't make my face look dry. With other foundations my face will look dry and cakey. This silk foundation not only make my face look moisture but also cover my freckles nicely so I don't need to use any concealer. I love the foundation so much that I don't put any powder on top of it.. looks great already and I don't wanna mess it with powder. Will buy the product again (especially if on sale!)

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

2.0

10 years ago

Great benefits which I would say are quite true their word however I felt that the end result was too 'talcy'. More colours to choose from would be helpful but that's a general Mirenesse foundation comment.

About reviewer (168 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

12 years ago

I love this foundation! I purchased this in Vanilla Silk, which is a yellower version of the Velvet Maxilift in Vienna and so would suit probably a NC25. This product works beautifully with and without the Professional Makeup Base, but using the latter lends a subtle glow to the skin. I have normal skin, and lucky enough not to experience breakouts, but the reason I put foundation on is to have a professional polished look in my daily work activities. Out of the application methods I have tried, using a foundation brush achieves the best results. It dries to a silk-like finish and makes the skin appear naturally beautiful and glowy, and does not transfer to any clothing. My skin has a tendency to dry especially in the winter and so was concerned about the lines that would appear when I used this, however there were none at all. It wears well and my skin did not feel dry nor go oily during the day. Re-application is a breeze and provides equally stunning results with no need for powder. Overall a fabulous, fabulous product. Mirenesse has a sale on at the moment so I have stocked up on this product. I will be trying the emulsion pack and will review when I receive it.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age30-35