Calvin Klein Infinite Matte Oil Free Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
Calvin Klein Infinite Matte Oil Free Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone/Divinyldimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glycerin, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Chloride, Oryza Sativa Starch, Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Carbomer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate /- (May Contain/Peut Contenir) Ci 77491, 77492, 77499/Iron Oxides Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/8/2010 4:39:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

CK Infinite Matte foundation, where have you been all my life??? THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I have never been able to find a shade of makeup that looks completely natural on me because I am so pale but the Porcelain shade is perfect!

on 10/5/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely easy to apply foundation. It is as it says.. infinitely matte and stays on for those days when you run around and think your whole face fell off. It holds up without shine or running.

I have been trying this for the past three weeks and have had no break outs, no shine, and wonderful coverage, although not a thick pasty look.

I have stated I hate shimmer already -- this makeup gives me the matte face I wanted with the darker lips and soft blushes. I use the 202 color and am an NC115 MAC or MUFE 117.

This is not cheap, but you use a small amount and it has no funny smells (yes, I am sick of MAC smells.. lol). It does not oxidize (YEs, MAC always oxidizes) and should last a long time.

I don't know if it is HG for me -- but it is a great product.

I would purchase again.

on 12/25/2008 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think if you found the right color this would be excellent for oily skin. Even though I have oily skin, I have some dryness and flaking due to BP and retin-a, so it's actually a bit too dry for me, and emphasizes the flaking. Porcelain was a bit too pale, and cream a bit too dark for me. It does go on very silky smooth though, and have good coverage. Very nice pump bottle as well. Thank goodness Sephora lets you sample first!

on 10/26/2008 9:32:00 AM

I am like everyone else here always searching for my HG fountain and like the reviewer below me, trying this and that. Well, ck Calvin Klein is great for my skin. It gives it a matte finish but keeps my 44 yr old skin moist! Blush sits on it well and it stays all day. I definitely will buy this again. I highly recommended.

on 7/31/2008 4:12:00 PM

After graduating one child and finding ourselves a wee more cash flush than the past four years, I decided to treat myself to some high-end cosmetic products. I happened upon the new Calvin Klein Beauty line (did he not have one previously? I seem to recall Calvin Klein beauty products in the past. Hmmm....) and fell in love with the packaging on this foundation (I'm such a sucker for gorgeous packaging). It's a sleek, capped, rectangular pump bottle designed to look like glass, but really a quality clear plastic outer sleeve with another clear inner compartment for the foundation (tricksey marketers, trying to make us think there's more product than there is...), capped off with a shiny black top. The foundation comes in a limited yet gorgeous array of colors (I purchased in the lightest, cream, which is a lovely fair neutral-warm tone). I've only been testing it out for a day, but it's a hot, hot, super-humid day in Nuevo York, so if it survives this, then it can survive anything. It's smooth and light, matte, but not chalky or dry looking, Perfect for me. At 47, "dewy" is a disaster, but ultra-matte is even worse. Natural, barely-there, less-is-more type coverage works best at this age, IMO, and this does the trick. Still need a hint of powder on any oilier areas of the face, but it sets up fairly well without. The line includes a powder foundation (again, limited but truly beautiful colors) which is definitely too heavy to use as a finishing powder, and also offers a loose mineral powder in one color, but does not include a true finishing powder at all, unfortunately.

Anyway, so far, so good -- wears well, feels good, beautiful packaging, beautiful texture, beautiful colors -- only caveat is the fleeting odor -- reminiscent of the latex paint odor of the original Almay longwearing makeup from way back when. It does dissipate almost immediately, however, so it's not much of an issue. Price at Sephora on 5th Ave was $32.00 or $32.50, IIRC, which isn't really that bad given how expensive drugstore foundations can be these days, and given the slew of $60, $80 and higher department store foundations on the market.

The rest of this line, btw, looks beautiful -- very pretty blushes and lipsticks, a couple of glosses if you like those, some nice eyeshadows -- very nice stuff all around.