Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- goes on clump free;
- well separates the lashes;
- holds the curl;
- doesn't irritate sensitive eyes.

Cons:
- lots of fall-out through the day;
- the brush is too fluffy for short lashes or small eyes;
- smells terrible, really terrible.

I can't recommend.

on 4/9/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this mascara, I got a free one and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it made my lashes look. I actually think it does more for me than my better than sex mascara does. I haven't experienced any of the flaking or smearing that other people have, but I only apply one coat. I have naturally thick dark lashes so I don't need a lot, just enough to give me some length.

I only give it 4 stars because of the weird smell. I cant quite decide what it is but I don't like it. I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker for me or not, I'll have to give it a few more test runs to see if the positives outweigh the negative.

I have the stereotypical Asian lashes where they grow straight down but if I curl them this mascara looks so good. It'll hold a decent curl but they wont kiss my forehead all day. I find it to be a wonderful everyday mascara. If you really want to hold the curl just get the waterproof version

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

a horrible mess, it flaked and smeared and I never have this problem with mascara. Also, the brown shade is not brown, it is black, so calling it brown is misleading.

on 2/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

So average. Not much added length or volume. Really lacks the "oomph" that I need. Surprisingly, this is one of the most basic mascaras I've tried in a long time.

On the plus side, I found that it doesn't flake or smudge. Nice black color and a smooth, clump-free application.

So overall I thought it was just okay. I didn't love it, and there are too many mascaras out there for me to buy this one again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this mascara over and over. I have long lashes and it keeps them up. I love it and even just repurchased it in the waterproof formula for my wedding!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara has an interesting formula that I think doesn't really go with the brush. It is a wet gel-like consistency that looks very nice on the lashes because it is very black and a little glossy, but the brush just somehow does not smooth it out enough so it ends up being clumpy in a very unattractive way. If the brush were better, perhaps a little denser and better at combing, this would be a much, much better product.

on 8/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually love these types of drugstore mascaras with fat wands but this FLAKES like crazy. I get black stuff under my eyes and it does not look good. It continues to do so as long as I wear it.

If it wasn't for the flaking I'd be happy with it.

on 8/7/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Its a pretty decent mascara. Nothing too special or extraordinary

on 7/15/2017 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in a travel size, so it may perform slightly differently from the full-size version, though the brush looks like it's comparable to full size.

It's okay. I've been using a Wet n Wild Megawear formula I found for a buck at Dollar Tree, and sometimes a WnW Megavolume, but wanted more drama, so when I saw this, I was hopeful. It does give me a bit more volume but not really much in length. (I do prefer length when it comes to mascara formulas, and since this has volume in the name, it's not exactly dishonest here.) But I was hoping for more drama when compared to the cheaper mascaras I'd been using, and it doesn't perform that much better. It's a tiny bit more pigmented and my lashes look a tiny bit fatter, but it's not exactly an amazing formula.

On top of that it has a strange perfume-y smell, which I find totally unnecessary around my eyes. It performs okay, and I'm not noticing any crumbling so far, but I'm not blown away, and the search for the most amazing mascara (drugstore price range) continues.