Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 8/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually love these types of drugstore mascaras with fat wands but this FLAKES like crazy. I get black stuff under my eyes and it does not look good. It continues to do so as long as I wear it.

If it wasn't for the flaking I'd be happy with it.

on 8/7/2017 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Its a pretty decent mascara. Nothing too special or extraordinary

on 7/15/2017 12:47:00 PM

I have this in a travel size, so it may perform slightly differently from the full-size version, though the brush looks like it's comparable to full size.

It's okay. I've been using a Wet n Wild Megawear formula I found for a buck at Dollar Tree, and sometimes a WnW Megavolume, but wanted more drama, so when I saw this, I was hopeful. It does give me a bit more volume but not really much in length. (I do prefer length when it comes to mascara formulas, and since this has volume in the name, it's not exactly dishonest here.) But I was hoping for more drama when compared to the cheaper mascaras I'd been using, and it doesn't perform that much better. It's a tiny bit more pigmented and my lashes look a tiny bit fatter, but it's not exactly an amazing formula.

On top of that it has a strange perfume-y smell, which I find totally unnecessary around my eyes. It performs okay, and I'm not noticing any crumbling so far, but I'm not blown away, and the search for the most amazing mascara (drugstore price range) continues.

It smells weird and goes on pretty clumpy. Lasts a while but it's hard to take off and runs easily.

I bought this as was recommended by a friend. I found it to be a little too clumpy and irritating. The black one was well pigmented, but there are better out there for ethe price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to be coming back to update this, but I want to compare it to the Maybelline Megaplush mascara before I forget. I wore one on each eye today to compare them.

Both formulas give length, seperate lashes, and add volume. Neither smudged, flaked, or clumped. I prefer Megaplush because it feels lighter on my lashes, while the Colossal felt heavier.

edit: This flaked on me! I definitely prefer Maybelline Volum' Express Megaplush mascara

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this before it clumps some but it is not as messy to fix the clump up

on 6/1/2017 10:15:00 PM

I was given this mascara from my cousin, as her recommendation. It has great coverage and can really build up sparse lashes but it clumps and really flakes which irritated my eyes (contacts).

The colour, Glam Black, is very pigmented and removes easily from skin. If the price ($12 Canadian) was cheapier, it would be a great alternative in a pinch.

on 5/19/2017 9:14:00 AM

It's ok, but it doesn't give my lashes the exact look I'm after.

Smudges under the eyes after a while. Doesn't flake off too much. Lasts for a good amount of time.

The Colossal Volum' Express 100% Black Mascara by Maybelline is a really nice Mascara, what it did and what is positive/negative about it, you'll find out in the video

Popular Mascaras