Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Why everyone raves about Maybelline Colossal Volume is beyond me. I simply HATE this mascara! It gives me the worst raccoon eyes ever (as almost all maybelline mascaras on me). Smudges and flakes like crazy. It is also very difficult to remove... I always end up losing a few lashes.
It gives a nice effect, don't get me wrong. The brush is nice and it gives great volume. It's a shame the formula sucks so bad!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

it is nothing special. will not purchase again.

To Read all 2869 Reviews, Login or Join

This is generally an okay product for me. I was supposed to buy the Hypercurl one instead of this but the saleslady pressured me lol god.

One thing I love with this product is that it really gives my lashes volume, my eyes would look bright, if you're aiming for a doll-like look, I think this product would do.

The wand is also so-so, ut the thing that I HATE HATE HATE about this product is that it gives me panda/raccoon eyes! I didn't notice it at first, but as I began to use it more and more I noticed my eyebags are looking horribly darker, I thought it was just because of sleeping late but no, this mascara caused that. Not to mention it gets clumpy too and when I blink, my upper and lower lashes kind of stick together, so no, I definitely would not buy one again.

on 7/18/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this mascara! my eyelashes are short and curled under, and all it takes is two coats of this mascara and they look much fuller and longer :) the brush is nice and works super well. will repurchase again and again!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This was pretty average mascara for me. I picked it up at Target for around $7. I have long and dark lashes already, so I want volume from my mascara. The brush is a slightly tapered bristle- style brush that is pretty easy to work with. Applies nicely with minimal clumping for me, and builds some volume. It's not "colossal" by any means, but a good everyday mascara, similar to Full and Soft. Colossal removes easily with makeup remover (a must for me). I wouldn't buy again because I think there are too many comparable, if not better, drugstore mascaras out there. Jordana makes one that I think is a step above this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like the pumped up version better but Colassal is ok. Wand is very big which makes it tricky and tough. This wand is big but not obnoxious. I always by the glam brown and apply one coat for a softer, more natural look. I'm not sure how this is for super dramatic lashes, as that is not a look I generally go for. This product is still good so I recommend it to friends.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Loved the volume for the price, couldn't stand the smell or texture. Still managed to use every last drop.

I got this for Christmas. When I tried it, I really noticed the smell. It has this weird smell that kind of smelled like this marsala sauce my Mom uses on roast beef, and that was... interesting. As far as how it looked, it was buildable, however it still was pretty gloppy, and dried to this grayish black that was pretty terrible. I like big, noticable lashes because I have big eyes and I'm proud of them. I suppose making all your lashes clump together does add a sort of volume...

But then I got Lancome Cils Booster XL, and I might even keep this mascara. It does have I nice, noticable volume and it adds length. It's still kind of gray if I don't build it up, especially towards the lash roots, but if you use a good primer with this mascara, you might be able to make it work. But honestly? Buy a different drugstore mascara than this one, because there are much better drugstore mascaras out there that you don't need a high end primer with to get a good effect with.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

won't be buying this again. Didn't like or think it gave me the volume that I hoped for. I like a lot of maybelline but this one disspointed me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My lashes aren't long or thick as is but this helped a lot! I tried this on and it feels great! Only a basic coat made my lashes decidedly obvious. I work at Sephora so I get a lot of "samples." I found out that, contrary to common experience, the bigger the brush, the less it takes little lashes like mine. It's either smaller brushes or the plastic ones, that get all lashes. Great for lengthening and thickening