Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Colossal

Maybelline New York Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

This is currently my favorite mascara (and trust me I try them ALL high and low end) I tend to never buy the same one twice but I love how buildable this is!!!!

So I put it on my lashes really heavy, wait a few seconds for it to dry. Reapply. Make sure you wiggle the wand side to side when applying though!

No fake eyelashes for me today!

One of the best mascaras I've found so far. And it's so cheap! Doesn't clump, gives definition and length.
Works differently when my lashes are not curled, but it still doesn't clump.
I'm usually the person that looks ridiculous with just mascara on their eyes but this little gem here changed the game.

My lashes are: thin, medium to high fullness, medium to short length, straight

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- goes on clump free;
- well separates the lashes;
- holds the curl;
- doesn't irritate sensitive eyes.

Cons:
- lots of fall-out through the day;
- the brush is too fluffy for short lashes or small eyes;
- smells terrible, really terrible.

I can't recommend.

on 4/9/2018 10:20:00 PM

I like this mascara, I got a free one and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it made my lashes look. I actually think it does more for me than my better than sex mascara does. I haven't experienced any of the flaking or smearing that other people have, but I only apply one coat. I have naturally thick dark lashes so I don't need a lot, just enough to give me some length.

I only give it 4 stars because of the weird smell. I cant quite decide what it is but I don't like it. I'm not sure if it's a deal breaker for me or not, I'll have to give it a few more test runs to see if the positives outweigh the negative.

I have the stereotypical Asian lashes where they grow straight down but if I curl them this mascara looks so good. It'll hold a decent curl but they wont kiss my forehead all day. I find it to be a wonderful everyday mascara. If you really want to hold the curl just get the waterproof version

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

a horrible mess, it flaked and smeared and I never have this problem with mascara. Also, the brown shade is not brown, it is black, so calling it brown is misleading.

on 2/25/2018 10:11:00 AM

So average. Not much added length or volume. Really lacks the "oomph" that I need. Surprisingly, this is one of the most basic mascaras I've tried in a long time.

On the plus side, I found that it doesn't flake or smudge. Nice black color and a smooth, clump-free application.

So overall I thought it was just okay. I didn't love it, and there are too many mascaras out there for me to buy this one again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have repurchased this mascara over and over. I have long lashes and it keeps them up. I love it and even just repurchased it in the waterproof formula for my wedding!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This mascara has an interesting formula that I think doesn't really go with the brush. It is a wet gel-like consistency that looks very nice on the lashes because it is very black and a little glossy, but the brush just somehow does not smooth it out enough so it ends up being clumpy in a very unattractive way. If the brush were better, perhaps a little denser and better at combing, this would be a much, much better product.

on 8/10/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I usually love these types of drugstore mascaras with fat wands but this FLAKES like crazy. I get black stuff under my eyes and it does not look good. It continues to do so as long as I wear it.

If it wasn't for the flaking I'd be happy with it.