The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter

The Body Shop Moringa Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Lanolin Alcohol, Moringa Pterygosperma Oil, Sesamum Indicum Oil, Mel, Bertholletia Excelsa Nut Oil, Theobroma Cacao Butter, Parfum, Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Phenethyl Alcohol, Linalool, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Sodium Hydroxide, Isoeugenol, Caramel, CI 19140.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've purchased the Moringa body butter twice, and I'm now on my third tub with no signs of giving up on using this product.

Pros
-The smell is exceptionally floral and feminine - lovely (my husband appreciates it)
-The texture is rich and easily absorbed (I have very dry skin, so this is a massive pro)
-It's very moisturising and leaves me feeling "so fresh and so clean, clean!" - perfect for summer and winter months.

Cons
-The Body Shop prices are way to high, I like to seek the mega tubs of this cream on ebay for much cheaper e.g. I just got a 13.5oz tub for $23.00!

Thanks,
MrsSharp

on 3/29/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Moringa body butter is pale yellow, quite thick in texture and smells strongly of white flowers.
Easy to absorb/not oily and quite moisturizing.
I like the tub too and kept it for storage.
For the price though I believe there are other lotions out there that leave a silkier sensation on the skin and won't repurchase.

To Read all 76 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2016 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

love it! don't know why it's taken me so long to review it. leaves my skin feeling supple and beautifully fragranced (big aromatherapy payoff, people!). have repurchased several times and will continue to do so.

on 11/12/2015 1:56:00 AM

I bought the Moringa Body Butter in the small, 50ml tub in order to carry it around in my handbag and use it as a hand-cream. I have very dry skin and usually use the OPI Avojuice handcreams - which are amazing - but have not been moisturising enough for my hands as of late. I decided to use the Body Butter version as a hand-cream, and I did not find the Body Shop's hand-creams to be thick enough. Moringa Body Butter is a very thick lotion with a buttery consistency. It has a floral scent, which is fairly mild and inoffensive which is why I chose it as a hand-cream scent. I didn't want a product which would clash with my perfume or body-lotion. It absorbs well and leaves my hands feeling very soft and hydrated, though not oily or greasy. This is an excellent handcream, however I would not use is as an all-over body moisturiser as I prefer the strawberry and coconut scents. However, I love it as a handcream and will continue to use it in this manner. A small tub cost me $7.95 (AUD).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

An absolute fave great for the summer not to heavy like the hemp or Shea but thick enough to wear day or night! Only downfall is the overpowering scent a little goes along way!

on 4/14/2014 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

3.5 - 4 lippies for the formulation (lighter than some of the heavier butters) and 3 stars for the floral scent. for $6 for a small tub it's an OK value - better yet on sale for $3.00.

Nice product. Wasn't sure of the scent when I smelt it from the tub but on me it smelt quite different and subtle but nice. I have heard that scents smell different on different people. For me it is one of the best textures out of all the body butters as my skin is pretty soft anyway and the nut and Shea ones are thicker and greasier. The raspberry and blueberry body butters make me go mmm - I think they smell the most lush so as I keep receiving body butters as gifts I haven't really used thus one. I'd say the scent is suitable for all ages including older people who want something subtle (well as I said it smelt subtle on me anyway) but not overpowering.

on 9/10/2013 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This body butter has been a staple in my routine for at least 4 years now so needless to say, I love this stuff! The scent is floral but not in an old-lady way. It is very moisturizing so it suits my dry skin. Though if you prefer something that sinks in immediately, this might not be for you since it takes a little bit to sink in. I use this nightly after I shower and it has kept my dry skin soft and well moisturized for years, I refuse to go without it!
On the subject of cost, it seems expensive at $20 a tub but TBS is always on offer so I end up buying it for around $10 usually, but I recently stocked up at a price of $5 which made me pretty pleased.

If you don't like the scent, TBS has a lot of other body butters which are just as great so if you have dry skin, do try them out.

The smell, oh my gosh the smell. It is divine! Being a body butter the consistency is way more thicker than a regular lotion. Therefore I prefer applying this product at night or on weekends when I won't be leaving the house (and thus it won't matter if the body butter gets into my clothes). It's a rich cream and it really helps with dry patches. I won't be repurchasing it though because it has already lasted me such a long time and after this I want to try out something new :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love Body Shop's strawberry series. After finishing two strawberry body butters, I decided to try Moringa since so many people made a lot of positive comments about the scent. Yet... Having a very sensitive nose, I really disliked the smell so much. >< It's just too heavy for me to handle. I admit the Moringa body butter had a nicer texture than Strawberry. It is more creamy and nicer. But the scent... Gah! I can't tolerate it. D: