Clarins hydra quench cooling cream gel

Clarins hydra quench cooling cream gel
Clarins HydraQuench Cooling Cream-Gel

4.1

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a couple of samples of this at the beauty boutique at my SDM and will admit it is not what I expected. The texture is... odd? It is definitely a cooling gel but there is a bit of grit to it. The cooling sensation lasts quite a while and there is not discernible residue or stickiness after applying. It just feels strange when applying. It is thick and has something in it to make it feel gritty but when you rub it on it blends in and is smooth. I didn't enjoy the feeling and would not purchase it but if you are looking for something that is hydrating and makes your skin look matte at the same time, give it a try.

on 11/27/2014 1:25:00 AM

The first cosmetic brand moisturiser I have tried in awhile that does not cause breakouts. It has a really light texture, easy to apply and absorbs into the skin immediately. I have oily skin especially in the t-zone area and this doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or heavy. Only negative is the price and the packaging.

on 5/26/2014 10:23:00 PM

This is a wonderful cream gel for spring and summer for those with combination skin! I find most people are dehydrated and this is a wonderful moisturizer that hydrates and KEEPS the skin hydrated. It isn't oily at all and feels and smells fresh and beautiful like most Clarins products do! I prefer to use it at night only but only because I find cream gels make my makeup go on strangely! Plant extracts do wonders for my skin and it's a lovely treat when I'm sleepy to put this cream on as it feels so fresh and soothing! Great basic hydration cream.

on 12/11/2013 7:57:00 PM

The moisturizer is moisturizing but only for a day. Sounds like the most obvious thing a moisturizer does but I have used other moisturizers and none has caused my face to dry out so quickly the next day if I stop using it or cause my face to turn red immediately the next day because of dryness. In other words, if you use this product you will have to be very dependent on it. If you stop, whatever symptoms of dryness you've had before comes back full blown immediately. It's like a thin film that sticks on your face until you wash it. A pity because it does cure the dryness for the day itself. Quite pricey considering you have to use quite a bit on your face for it to be effective.

on 2/28/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I planed on bying Hydra life from Dior and ended up bying this cream on sales recomendation. I love it! By far the best cream I have ever bougt. Its sooooo ligt, smels amazing, ot moisturises perfectly and I would recomend it to everybody.

on 11/8/2014 7:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this moisturiser, Clarins is the one brand I really trust for skincare. I actually bought this product by accident, as I intended to buy the cream for normal to dry skin after trying a sample. I was worried this wouldn't be moisturising enough but it's perfect, especially for summer. It smells great and has a wonderful light texture that isn't at all greasy. I haven't had any of the usual dry patches that usually plague my skin since switching to clarins skincare, but I think using their exfoliating toner with this also helps. However, I intend to try the dry skin version for winter once this runs out.

on 5/15/2011 2:00:00 AM

I kept telling my dermatologist that my skin is dry and he didn't believed me (maybe because of the extensive acne on my face). The first time he gave me the mildest moisturiser, second the medium and the third, a more moisturising than the last - but all weren't moisturising enough for me. My skin kept flaking and worse is when I am in office, I could feel my skin "stretching".
I went to Hong Kong for winter and we all know how much more EXTRA moisturiser we need for winter (I am from tropical Malaysia). My skin suffered of course and I went back to Malaysia and immediately demanded from the duty-free store for a new moisturiser.
This was when this was recommended to me and I haven't looked back since. This is my 2nd purchase so far and the last lasted me 3 months. I use it everytime after I washed my face - I only used my Clean & Clear foam cleanser and this moisturiser.
And guess what? My skin is well moisturised now AND MY SPOTS HUGELY DIMINISHED. I still suffer from acne marks (darn those things) and occasional zits, but I found that those zits tend to develop around areas where my hands touched. But much better than when spots were all around my cheeks and forehead!
I believe I solved the mere problem of just providing enough moisturisation thus solving the acne problem, something I wished my dermatologist was able to see through the one whole year I went to him. I don't see him anymore and basically just used this.
Sorry for my long review, as you can see this moisturiser probably saved my skin :)

on 5/5/2011 9:29:00 PM

Amazing product if you live in the hot/humid climates. Goes on light weight and very, very moisturizing. Face does not feel weighted down at all.

My basic moisturizer, fits my dry combo skin perfectly! And no breakouts. I've noticed that clarins doesn't have any parabens in their products and that's a big plus for me.
In summer I keep it in the refrigerator and its really wonderfull to put on skin in such a hot weather.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

To balance my combination skin (oily T-Zone with oily but dehydrated cheeks & chin areas) in this hot tropical climate, I love using this cream on my dryer areas. The cream has a light tone to it and looks heavy, but looks can be deceiving as the texture of the cream is way lighter than it looks it resembles those of gel. It has a faint floral scent, and spreads out nicely and easily absorbed by the skin, there is also a wave of very subtle cool tingling effect minutes after the application. For my oilier areas, I use Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel which helps control the sebum production on my T-Zone which also perks up my day with the fruity scent. Overall, these creams leaves my skin shine-free, but well hydrated.

Popular Moisturizers