ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

2.0

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 5/7/2013 10:17:00 AM

It feels heavy on the hair once dry. Even after many rinses, it doesn't seem to wash out. I lent some to a friend for her try. She hated it, too. How disappointing. Price does not equal quality. I'm sticking to my DermOrganic Shampoo (not the DermOrganic masque, mind you... it has the same effect as this shampoo). Not a fan.

on 1/12/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have thick, long, damaged hair that has been relaxed and gets flat ironed once a week. I love sulfate free shampoos because they are so gentle. This shampoo is great because it also lathers more that most other sulfate free shampoos, smells incredible and is super gentle. I know most reviewers dislike it, but if you have thick, dry hair like me, perhaps it will work as I like that it cleans yet moisturizes. I will be trying the conditioner next. I also like their color treated line of shampoos and conditioners, though the gentle line smells the best.

on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My scalp has been enraged lately....bumpy, itchy, and my hair appears to be thinning! Yikes. I usually use Pureology, but a stylist at Ulta steered me towards this shampoo to use while my scalp is angry. Despite the negative reviews, I really like this stuff. I followed the directions and let it sit on my hair for a minute after a thorough scrub, and when I rinsed, my hair felt baby soft and silky. I have noticed, though, with more "natural" products like ABBA and Pureology, that you have to give your hair a detox period before you see the benefits. It is almost as if the hair is purging the junk from other products before it can start working. This shampoo smells really light and clean, and lathers really well. Good stuff!

Edit: This worked well for a few weeks, and then my hair started to get really funky, and my scalp started to break out again.

Edit Again: So, I'm back to this stuff again....NOTHING else has been working for my poor scalp! I've had better luck using this in conjunction with a weekly clarifying session with another shampoo/conditioner. It seems to provide the necessary break/deep cleaning required to keep this shampoo working more efficiently. I've upped the lippie back to a 4 from a 2, but we shall see....

3rd Edit...and final Edit: Same problem again, except worse this time. Will not buy ever again.....