ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

No Image

2.9

on 12/30/2017 6:44:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

More hair fell out in the shower. Returning it to Ulta.

on 8/13/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand all of the very negative reviews for this shampoo. It has been really great for gently cleansing, but still actually cleansing, my baby fine, dry ended and oilier scalped hair that I must wash everyday. It doesn't foam as much as SLS shampoos but seems to rinse clean in the hard water! Great product and I use it with Paul Mitchell moisture daily conditioner. Great results.

on 12/28/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with some of the girls reviews. I also noticed it leaves a film in my hair. My scalp has been bump and very itchy latelly so I decided to buy this at TJ Maxx. I will not buy it again, it is not horrible, but it did not do what it promisses either....

Even tho this shampoo says it is for sensitive scalp, I discovered that it does much more than just soothes the scalp and reduces flakiness and dryness. First of all it smells great, I love it, second it leaves my hair perfectly moisturized and shiny and soft! I don't have to use a lot of hair conditioner to untangle my hair. Also I noticed my hair became thicker and fuller, but I am not 100% sure it was because of this shampoo, but there is a possibility. My co-workers also noticed how good my hair looks! I really-really like Abba hair products and will continue using them. Highly recommend to everyone.
I also adore Abba's new root lifting spray: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/abba-hair-care.html

on 7/18/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Dang, I miss the old ABBA. I was first introduced to the line several years back when a SA steered me towards the jumbo sizes of one of their shampoos (a jojoba based miracle in a bottle) and some kind of hair/body moisturizer that I used as a leave in treatment. Divine. Now I can't seem to find those products since their redesign - if they even still exist. But cherishing the fond memories, I decided to give this gentle shampoo a try.

Thing is, it doesn't even clean my hair. Not really. I lather and rinse twice, sometimes even three times, but there's still a layer of grime on my scalp. Though my hair doesn't necessarily look bad afterwards - it doesn't look good either. I have curly hair and my curls aren't defined as with some other shampoos and is majorly frizzy. :( Honestly, I might not even finish the bottle.

I was actually contemplating giving this zero stars, which I didn't even know was possible, but it does smell okay. So there's always that.

on 8/15/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a SLS-free shampoo and went to my local beauty supply store. Abba was the only reasonably priced brand AND had a buy one get one half off sale. I really love the clean, fresh scent of the aloe vera in this shampoo. I did notice a sort of "filminess" in my hair after the first few times I used it, but after a few weeks of my Abba routine, my hair feels very healthy and shiny. I think the filminess was due to my hair getting used to the shift from using sulfates to my new shampoo. I would recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a gentle sulfate free shampoo and if you don't mind the $25 price tag for the 34 oz bottle. It was a splurge, and I think it's worth it for how shiny and healthy my hair's looking!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I purchased this shampoo because I was in the market for a sulfate free product. I was experiencing some serious hair shedding, and from doing a little research, heard there was a link between sulfates and hair shedding. So, off I went looking for a new shampoo (I usually use Pantene).

With my normal shampoo, I experienced itchy scalp (probably because it was dry from the shampoo), and even pimple like bumps on my scalp and around my hair line. But, with this shampoo, that all went away! But strangely enough, my hair - which usually takes three to four days to get super oily - was seriously oily the next morning! What in the heck?

PROS
Sulfate free
Smells nice
Actually experienced less hair shedding
Didn't make my scalp itchy
Scalp didn't feel dry
When my hair got oily, it didn't 'stink' - KWIM?

CONS
Leaves a weird film on my hair - like I didn't rinse it out good enough, even though I did!
Made my hair seriously oily only a day after washing, when usually it takes three to four days!

Unfortunately, I'm still looking or a good shampoo. I'll have to finish this bottle though, 'coz I refuse to waste my money. Oh well, at least it doesn't make my hair fall out more or make my scalp itch. And since I'll have to wash it more frequently, at least I'll go through the product fast!

on 2/6/2009 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a decent shampo, the best sulfate-free one I have ever tried. I have a sensitive scalp and am constantly trying to find shampoo that doesn't make my scalp go crazy. This one is ok, but not spectacular. Going to give pureoology or something a whirl next time. I also use as bodywash because I have the big bottles!
EDIT: Just use as bodywash now, didn't clean my hair very well after tine and didn't help with my scalp.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have found that most sulfate-free shampoos are a little drying for me and this was no exception. At first I really liked it, but as I continued to use it, my hair became drier and stiffer. The smell is a fresh-floral clean scent and somewhat strong, but I didn't mind it (and I have a terrible time with fragrances irritating me). This lathers very well for a sulfate-free shampoo. I actually like the Whole Foods 365 - Fragrance Free.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).