ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.0

1 review

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 12/25/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my quest for a great, no-sulfate, everyday shampoo, after my HG Paves Professionals No Sulfates Allowed was discontinued, I picked this up at Marshall's for $7.99 USD (50% off the retail price next door at Ulta).

This proved to not do anything noticeably "bad" to my hair, but it also didn't leave it feeling or looking especially healthy, which I would expect from a "gentle" formula. I used it all up, but wouldn't purchase this mediocre-performing shampoo again for my hair type.

I have thin, fine medium-blonde hair (not processed at this time). It's important to note that due to a medication I was on, a lot of my hair fell out, so my hair is on the road to recovery, and needs very special care. Perhaps this would produce better results on very healthy hair, but I do not recommend it for damaged or otherwise special-care hair. Unfortunately, it also left my healthy, real-hair extensions lackluster, although I only used it once on them.
The bottle is functional with not a lot of frills, which I respect. My only complaint is that the flip top is often difficult to open with wet hands.

This product is vegan, for those non-omnivores among us. It also has no synthetic dyes, sulfates, or DEAs.
From the bottle:
ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo
Pure Gentle Shampoo (Previously Nourishing Shampoo)
Cleanses hair without harshness. Contains Watercress, high in vitamin A, which has healing and relaxing properties. Aloe Extract adds moisture and promotes gentle healing. Application:
Apply to wet hair and lather. Wait one minute, allowing shampoo to penetrate. Rinse and repeat as needed.Commitment to Purity
100% Vegan
Sulfate Free
Free of Synthetic Dyes
DEA Free Available sizes: 6.76 fl.oz / 33.8 fl.oz
INGREDIENTS; Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, CocamidopropyI Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin ("Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinaie (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinaie (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquatemium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid ("Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional,
Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum). continued >>