ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

2.0

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 12/30/2017 6:44:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

More hair fell out in the shower. Returning it to Ulta.

on 5/7/2013 10:17:00 AM

It feels heavy on the hair once dry. Even after many rinses, it doesn't seem to wash out. I lent some to a friend for her try. She hated it, too. How disappointing. Price does not equal quality. I'm sticking to my DermOrganic Shampoo (not the DermOrganic masque, mind you... it has the same effect as this shampoo). Not a fan.

I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo and heard good things about abba. Wanted to try the pure moisture but got this instead. It moisturizes really well and seems to minimize my frizz. It does clean your hair, but compared to sulfate shampoos, not as much. Still I'm happy about what it's doing to my hair. Since I bought the liter size, I wish they could have put a pump top on the bottle.

on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My scalp has been enraged lately....bumpy, itchy, and my hair appears to be thinning! Yikes. I usually use Pureology, but a stylist at Ulta steered me towards this shampoo to use while my scalp is angry. Despite the negative reviews, I really like this stuff. I followed the directions and let it sit on my hair for a minute after a thorough scrub, and when I rinsed, my hair felt baby soft and silky. I have noticed, though, with more "natural" products like ABBA and Pureology, that you have to give your hair a detox period before you see the benefits. It is almost as if the hair is purging the junk from other products before it can start working. This shampoo smells really light and clean, and lathers really well. Good stuff!

Edit: This worked well for a few weeks, and then my hair started to get really funky, and my scalp started to break out again.

Edit Again: So, I'm back to this stuff again....NOTHING else has been working for my poor scalp! I've had better luck using this in conjunction with a weekly clarifying session with another shampoo/conditioner. It seems to provide the necessary break/deep cleaning required to keep this shampoo working more efficiently. I've upped the lippie back to a 4 from a 2, but we shall see....

3rd Edit...and final Edit: Same problem again, except worse this time. Will not buy ever again.....

on 12/25/2009 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

In my quest for a great, no-sulfate, everyday shampoo, after my HG Paves Professionals No Sulfates Allowed was discontinued, I picked this up at Marshall's for $7.99 USD (50% off the retail price next door at Ulta).

This proved to not do anything noticeably "bad" to my hair, but it also didn't leave it feeling or looking especially healthy, which I would expect from a "gentle" formula. I used it all up, but wouldn't purchase this mediocre-performing shampoo again for my hair type.

I have thin, fine medium-blonde hair (not processed at this time). It's important to note that due to a medication I was on, a lot of my hair fell out, so my hair is on the road to recovery, and needs very special care. Perhaps this would produce better results on very healthy hair, but I do not recommend it for damaged or otherwise special-care hair. Unfortunately, it also left my healthy, real-hair extensions lackluster, although I only used it once on them.
The bottle is functional with not a lot of frills, which I respect. My only complaint is that the flip top is often difficult to open with wet hands.

This product is vegan, for those non-omnivores among us. It also has no synthetic dyes, sulfates, or DEAs.
From the bottle:
ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo
Pure Gentle Shampoo (Previously Nourishing Shampoo)
Cleanses hair without harshness. Contains Watercress, high in vitamin A, which has healing and relaxing properties. Aloe Extract adds moisture and promotes gentle healing. Application:
Apply to wet hair and lather. Wait one minute, allowing shampoo to penetrate. Rinse and repeat as needed.Commitment to Purity
100% Vegan
Sulfate Free
Free of Synthetic Dyes
DEA Free Available sizes: 6.76 fl.oz / 33.8 fl.oz
INGREDIENTS; Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, CocamidopropyI Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin ("Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinaie (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinaie (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquatemium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid ("Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional,
Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum). continued >>

My hair had really dried out and I was looking for something to add moisture but still be gentle, as I have super sensitive skin and most products weigh down my super fine hair and then make me break out. It felt very soothing, but didn't do much to make my hair feel "clean," and unless I followed with the Pure Basic conditioner right after, my hair felt almost oilier than before I washed it. I noticed recently my hair has also become almost drier, as noted by another reviewer. I did find another use for it though - I now use a bit of the shampoo instead of shower gel or shaving cream to shave my legs, and my legs are the absolute smoothest I have ever seen! Again, I have very, very sensitve skin, and the gentle, vegan formula also seems to be the only thing I have used that has prevented razor burn, ingrown hairs, or other irritations. I got the mega bottle from the beauty supply store, so it's going to last me a looooong time. I wouldn't repurchase for my hair, but the relief for my legs is so significant I may continue to purchase (in six years when the bottle runs out) for shaving purposes alone!

Popular Shampoos