ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

2.5

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 12/28/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I agree with some of the girls reviews. I also noticed it leaves a film in my hair. My scalp has been bump and very itchy latelly so I decided to buy this at TJ Maxx. I will not buy it again, it is not horrible, but it did not do what it promisses either....

on 8/26/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My scalp has been enraged lately....bumpy, itchy, and my hair appears to be thinning! Yikes. I usually use Pureology, but a stylist at Ulta steered me towards this shampoo to use while my scalp is angry. Despite the negative reviews, I really like this stuff. I followed the directions and let it sit on my hair for a minute after a thorough scrub, and when I rinsed, my hair felt baby soft and silky. I have noticed, though, with more "natural" products like ABBA and Pureology, that you have to give your hair a detox period before you see the benefits. It is almost as if the hair is purging the junk from other products before it can start working. This shampoo smells really light and clean, and lathers really well. Good stuff!

Edit: This worked well for a few weeks, and then my hair started to get really funky, and my scalp started to break out again.

Edit Again: So, I'm back to this stuff again....NOTHING else has been working for my poor scalp! I've had better luck using this in conjunction with a weekly clarifying session with another shampoo/conditioner. It seems to provide the necessary break/deep cleaning required to keep this shampoo working more efficiently. I've upped the lippie back to a 4 from a 2, but we shall see....

3rd Edit...and final Edit: Same problem again, except worse this time. Will not buy ever again.....

on 7/19/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, this baby gets no love.

Well, I had gone recently through a reactive phase (had to get steroid shot and cream). Even my previously okay hair products --I'm naturally curly and tend to use mostly natural lines--started giving me itchies and scaly scalp patches.

So, I got this. So soothing. No itchies. My scalp patches healed. I used this in combo with the leave-in Pure Gentle and the Pure Style Gel and my natural curls looked and felt great. Really moisturized and soft.

Well, I'm reordering some to keep in my hair products/lines rotation. I didn't find a weird film in my hair, but this IS a gentle lowpoo, which means it won't strip hair. It won't squeak. :D

My dry and porous curls liked it. My scalp and neck loved it.

on 2/6/2009 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a decent shampo, the best sulfate-free one I have ever tried. I have a sensitive scalp and am constantly trying to find shampoo that doesn't make my scalp go crazy. This one is ok, but not spectacular. Going to give pureoology or something a whirl next time. I also use as bodywash because I have the big bottles!
EDIT: Just use as bodywash now, didn't clean my hair very well after tine and didn't help with my scalp.

Popular Shampoos