ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.5

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 12/30/2017 6:44:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

More hair fell out in the shower. Returning it to Ulta.

on 5/7/2013 10:17:00 AM

It feels heavy on the hair once dry. Even after many rinses, it doesn't seem to wash out. I lent some to a friend for her try. She hated it, too. How disappointing. Price does not equal quality. I'm sticking to my DermOrganic Shampoo (not the DermOrganic masque, mind you... it has the same effect as this shampoo). Not a fan.

I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo and heard good things about abba. Wanted to try the pure moisture but got this instead. It moisturizes really well and seems to minimize my frizz. It does clean your hair, but compared to sulfate shampoos, not as much. Still I'm happy about what it's doing to my hair. Since I bought the liter size, I wish they could have put a pump top on the bottle.

on 8/15/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for a SLS-free shampoo and went to my local beauty supply store. Abba was the only reasonably priced brand AND had a buy one get one half off sale. I really love the clean, fresh scent of the aloe vera in this shampoo. I did notice a sort of "filminess" in my hair after the first few times I used it, but after a few weeks of my Abba routine, my hair feels very healthy and shiny. I think the filminess was due to my hair getting used to the shift from using sulfates to my new shampoo. I would recommend this shampoo if you're looking for a gentle sulfate free shampoo and if you don't mind the $25 price tag for the 34 oz bottle. It was a splurge, and I think it's worth it for how shiny and healthy my hair's looking!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I purchased this shampoo because I was in the market for a sulfate free product. I was experiencing some serious hair shedding, and from doing a little research, heard there was a link between sulfates and hair shedding. So, off I went looking for a new shampoo (I usually use Pantene).

With my normal shampoo, I experienced itchy scalp (probably because it was dry from the shampoo), and even pimple like bumps on my scalp and around my hair line. But, with this shampoo, that all went away! But strangely enough, my hair - which usually takes three to four days to get super oily - was seriously oily the next morning! What in the heck?

PROS
Sulfate free
Smells nice
Actually experienced less hair shedding
Didn't make my scalp itchy
Scalp didn't feel dry
When my hair got oily, it didn't 'stink' - KWIM?

CONS
Leaves a weird film on my hair - like I didn't rinse it out good enough, even though I did!
Made my hair seriously oily only a day after washing, when usually it takes three to four days!

Unfortunately, I'm still looking or a good shampoo. I'll have to finish this bottle though, 'coz I refuse to waste my money. Oh well, at least it doesn't make my hair fall out more or make my scalp itch. And since I'll have to wash it more frequently, at least I'll go through the product fast!

My hair had really dried out and I was looking for something to add moisture but still be gentle, as I have super sensitive skin and most products weigh down my super fine hair and then make me break out. It felt very soothing, but didn't do much to make my hair feel "clean," and unless I followed with the Pure Basic conditioner right after, my hair felt almost oilier than before I washed it. I noticed recently my hair has also become almost drier, as noted by another reviewer. I did find another use for it though - I now use a bit of the shampoo instead of shower gel or shaving cream to shave my legs, and my legs are the absolute smoothest I have ever seen! Again, I have very, very sensitve skin, and the gentle, vegan formula also seems to be the only thing I have used that has prevented razor burn, ingrown hairs, or other irritations. I got the mega bottle from the beauty supply store, so it's going to last me a looooong time. I wouldn't repurchase for my hair, but the relief for my legs is so significant I may continue to purchase (in six years when the bottle runs out) for shaving purposes alone!

Popular Shampoos