ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

No Image

2.7

on 7/19/2010 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, this baby gets no love.

Well, I had gone recently through a reactive phase (had to get steroid shot and cream). Even my previously okay hair products --I'm naturally curly and tend to use mostly natural lines--started giving me itchies and scaly scalp patches.

So, I got this. So soothing. No itchies. My scalp patches healed. I used this in combo with the leave-in Pure Gentle and the Pure Style Gel and my natural curls looked and felt great. Really moisturized and soft.

Well, I'm reordering some to keep in my hair products/lines rotation. I didn't find a weird film in my hair, but this IS a gentle lowpoo, which means it won't strip hair. It won't squeak. :D

My dry and porous curls liked it. My scalp and neck loved it.

on 4/16/2010 4:54:00 PM

I bought this product after going to a beauty super-store. I asked them for a shampoo that would be good to soothe a dry, itchy scalp. They recommended this to "calm the scalp". It didn't do anything. Another waste of money. They did say I could return the product if it didn't work, but I forgot to save the receipt :-(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have found that most sulfate-free shampoos are a little drying for me and this was no exception. At first I really liked it, but as I continued to use it, my hair became drier and stiffer. The smell is a fresh-floral clean scent and somewhat strong, but I didn't mind it (and I have a terrible time with fragrances irritating me). This lathers very well for a sulfate-free shampoo. I actually like the Whole Foods 365 - Fragrance Free.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).