ABBA Pure Gentle Shampoo

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

2.7

Water (Aqua) (Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium PCA, Myristamine Oxide, Glycerin (*Vegetable Oil), Nasturtium Officinale (Watercress) Extract, Yucca Filamentosa Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Polyquaternium-10, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids (*Apple Juice Amino Acids), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Disodium EDTA, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, ABBA Aromatherapy Fragrance (Parfum).

on 5/7/2013 10:17:00 AM

It feels heavy on the hair once dry. Even after many rinses, it doesn't seem to wash out. I lent some to a friend for her try. She hated it, too. How disappointing. Price does not equal quality. I'm sticking to my DermOrganic Shampoo (not the DermOrganic masque, mind you... it has the same effect as this shampoo). Not a fan.

Even tho this shampoo says it is for sensitive scalp, I discovered that it does much more than just soothes the scalp and reduces flakiness and dryness. First of all it smells great, I love it, second it leaves my hair perfectly moisturized and shiny and soft! I don't have to use a lot of hair conditioner to untangle my hair. Also I noticed my hair became thicker and fuller, but I am not 100% sure it was because of this shampoo, but there is a possibility. My co-workers also noticed how good my hair looks! I really-really like Abba hair products and will continue using them. Highly recommend to everyone.
I also adore Abba's new root lifting spray: http://www.fashionandbeautystore.com/abba-hair-care.html

I was looking for a sulfate free shampoo and heard good things about abba. Wanted to try the pure moisture but got this instead. It moisturizes really well and seems to minimize my frizz. It does clean your hair, but compared to sulfate shampoos, not as much. Still I'm happy about what it's doing to my hair. Since I bought the liter size, I wish they could have put a pump top on the bottle.

on 7/18/2011 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Dang, I miss the old ABBA. I was first introduced to the line several years back when a SA steered me towards the jumbo sizes of one of their shampoos (a jojoba based miracle in a bottle) and some kind of hair/body moisturizer that I used as a leave in treatment. Divine. Now I can't seem to find those products since their redesign - if they even still exist. But cherishing the fond memories, I decided to give this gentle shampoo a try.

Thing is, it doesn't even clean my hair. Not really. I lather and rinse twice, sometimes even three times, but there's still a layer of grime on my scalp. Though my hair doesn't necessarily look bad afterwards - it doesn't look good either. I have curly hair and my curls aren't defined as with some other shampoos and is majorly frizzy. :( Honestly, I might not even finish the bottle.

I was actually contemplating giving this zero stars, which I didn't even know was possible, but it does smell okay. So there's always that.

on 2/6/2009 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is a decent shampo, the best sulfate-free one I have ever tried. I have a sensitive scalp and am constantly trying to find shampoo that doesn't make my scalp go crazy. This one is ok, but not spectacular. Going to give pureoology or something a whirl next time. I also use as bodywash because I have the big bottles!
EDIT: Just use as bodywash now, didn't clean my hair very well after tine and didn't help with my scalp.

My hair had really dried out and I was looking for something to add moisture but still be gentle, as I have super sensitive skin and most products weigh down my super fine hair and then make me break out. It felt very soothing, but didn't do much to make my hair feel "clean," and unless I followed with the Pure Basic conditioner right after, my hair felt almost oilier than before I washed it. I noticed recently my hair has also become almost drier, as noted by another reviewer. I did find another use for it though - I now use a bit of the shampoo instead of shower gel or shaving cream to shave my legs, and my legs are the absolute smoothest I have ever seen! Again, I have very, very sensitve skin, and the gentle, vegan formula also seems to be the only thing I have used that has prevented razor burn, ingrown hairs, or other irritations. I got the mega bottle from the beauty supply store, so it's going to last me a looooong time. I wouldn't repurchase for my hair, but the relief for my legs is so significant I may continue to purchase (in six years when the bottle runs out) for shaving purposes alone!