NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

4.2

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the perf MLBB color, it is reddish without being too pink w a touch of brown very rich color whilst being sheer. I have this in lipstick & lipgloss form as well becoz I like it so much! Kind of a rose color. NARS Rikugien is very similar. This is my kinda color! I wish it twisted up and down. Mine was in a set w Cruella I've got like 4 cruella's from bday set & mobile offers & this & I hate carrying a sharpener. I own a NARS sharpener. I think it works the best for these pencils. Winning!!

on 5/13/2016 11:48:00 PM

Beautiful color on any skin color. Natural with two swpies, and even better if doing it properly. I heard it is the most popular color out of the NARS matte lip pencil range. The only thing that holds me back a little is the price, but it's good quality :') Still excellent and gorgeous!

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/15/2016 10:52:00 PM

Love the colour. It looks so sweet and natural on the lips. I reckon it's good for both cool and warm skin tone. But I don't like the idea you have to sharpen it, it just waste a lot of product :-/ and it could be a little bit drying after a couple of hours. And the colour isn't very pigmented you have to swipe it over and over on your lips.... But I just love this colour so much so I'll still give it 4 lippies lol

on 2/8/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

JANE AUSTEN LIPS!!! This is a warm, inviting, girl-next-door-sexy lip color. Texture is light, matte but not dusty. The color seems to meld into your lips so that it can seem almost like you're not wearing much at all. It's my holy grail lipstick and I will never be without it.

It's a color that makes you look like you've just been kissed, or just came back from an energizing run in the woods, or just woke up from a gorgeous afternoon nap and your cheeks are red and your lips are slightly swollen. It's effortless and subdued yet flirty. It's fresh yet sophisticated. It's your lips but way better than you ever dreamt. The genius of this color is that it is a pinky red with nude and a bit of brown in it. It's this type of color that looks great on skin because our skins aren't one color but a mixture of undertones and shades. I wish it came in different formulas (I mean it does but the color isn't accurately translated into gloss, lipstick, etc.) I regularly give this out to my girlfriends and I wish I could give YOU one ;*

on 2/8/2016 6:08:00 AM

I loooove the colour it's the perfect dusty rose colour. Glad I got it for free it crumbles and literally rolls off my lips. Lasts an hour tops and leaves the nasty line around your mouth while the rest has crumbled off. Really disappointed I would be less annoyed if it all fell off but instead it's a tacky outline leftover.

on 1/9/2016 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely adore this colour but as a matte lipstick this just doesn't cut it. It's too sheer, it crumbles and doesn't last. A good dupe for this, which actually works as a good matte lipstick, is Erotique from L'Oreal.

on 11/21/2015 8:16:00 PM

Perfect MLBB shade for me (NARS Sante Fe skin, fairly pigmented lips) It's matte and almost opaque unlike the lipstick of the same name (which is basically a barely tinted balm, not worth the price). Wear time is reasonably long, in my experience 5-6 hours before I need to reapply, and it fades nicely, as do the other Velvet Matte pencils I own. Formula is perhaps slightly drying but not a problem for me as I always allow lipbalm to sink in before applying any lipstick.

One lippie off for price (particularly retail price in Aus - $39! I bought this in the US though, as I do with most of my makeup) and the packaging (product wastage with sharpening... and the stupid cap)

Hint: poke a hole with a needle into the cap, it stops it from doing that ridiculous popping-off-in-your-handbag thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It really hurts me but i can't give it more than three lipsticks.

While i love the colour, which is a warm dusty rose with orange undertones, i HATE how sheer it is and how little it lasts.

It is probably the first matte lipstick i own that is not opaque and needs MANY coats to actually show. And once you swipe it multiple times on your lips, it only last like an hour.

It is definitely OVERPRICED for such a poor performance which is why i will never repurchase. Big shame for me because i love the colour but not worth 25 euros.

I got this as a gift. It makes for a nice neutral pink (there's some colour, but it's not too bold either). A good matte lip pencil that stays on for a decent amount of time. Have worn this several times.

Since I feel this product is overpriced, I would not purchase. If you're looking for a matte lip pencil with a neutral pink shade, and don't mind spending around $30, then I would recommend this product.

on 6/16/2015 9:45:00 AM

This matte lip pencil is so good. The color is one shade darker than my natural lip color. It is the perfect "sophisticated nude work lip color". Obviously its a matte so its a tad drying, but it feels comfortable on my lips. Its very pigmented and color last a long time. The pencil is sleek looking (like typical NARS product packaging)