NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita
Dolce Vita Velvet Matte

4.2

c12 13 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyethylene, Cyclomethicone, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Di Calcium Phosphate, Quaternium 18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Aroma (Flavor), Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 30 (CI 73360), Yellow 10 Lake (CI 47005), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Carmine (CI 75470), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There's something magic about this colour, you put it on and it just instantly makes you feel like a knockout. It's ridiculously flattering on my pale, cool-toned skin, the perfect colour to achieve that "English rose" look. I'm not usually a fan of matte lipsticks because I hate how flat they make my lips look, but this one isn't thick or heavy, so it's more like a soft, satiny stain, and you can still see the natural texture of your lips through it. The wear is pretty good, not amazing -- like almost any other lipstick, it's not going to last through a meal, but it does sit on the lips well. It's pretty expensive here, but that's a given for a high-end brand like NARS, and I'm mostly okay with the price. The only downside is the packaging. Mine is new so I haven't had to sharpen it yet, but it's obviously going to waste a lot of product, and I wish it was a twist-up. But until I manage to find the perfect dupe, I will begrudgingly continue to repurchase it, because I can't gush about the colour enough.

on 12/15/2016 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought this lip pencil because of the reviews and I absolutely adore the color. It might be my favorite lipstick color. This makes it even more disappointing that my lips seem to eat this lipproduct. I have to apply quite a bit of this lip pencil before the color shows up on my lips. This means that I have to sharpen the pencil regularly, which wastes even more product. Sadly, the color doesn't last on my lips either. The formula isn't overly drying, which is nice. I've been looking for a dupe for ages and I still haven't found an exact one. Charlotte Tilbury's Walk of Shame seems to come close though (at least on my lips). All in all, I wouldn't buy this lip pencil again and I'm not tempted to buy any of the other colors in this line. But I can't mention it enough, the color is absolutely beautiful.

on 12/15/2016 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My lips are really dry but this lipstick was smooth and non-drying. It was my first matte lipstick and after that I fell in love with matte lipsticks :)
I am olive-midtone skin color and my lips are very pigmented most of the time so it is hard to cover the base color of my lips with lipsticks usually. Nars Dolce Vita is really opaque even its light color tone. Its texture and smoothness is great. I really love the color by the way, it is kind of a pink but natural and charming. It is not really long-wearing. The darker colors in this line are more long-wearing. I think the only problem is the price. You have to sharpen the pencil and you're wasting some product each time. Also its weigh is less than many other lipsticks. So you are giving so much money for so little product actually. I really like the lipstick but I think I will not repurchase it. I may only try Walkyrie if I am in a mood to splurge my money on a luxury lipstick because of its color but I am not really sure about that either. So if you dont care about the price, it is a hg product but otherwise it is kind of wasting your money.

LOVE this lipstick, mainly because of the shade. The formula is quite long-lasting too, but I find that the shade itself so unique (on my skin, anyway), it just makes me look like a character in a Jane Austen novel lol! Haven't found anything that completely dupes it, but KVD Double Dare and Givenchy Le Rouge Brun Createur come really close. They just lack a bit of coral in them, I think.

on 9/8/2016 2:45:00 AM

This shade is nothing special, I dab red lipstick on it that it would look more interesting. I love the texture of these lipsticks, it's the best I've had, but that's the only positive thing and I won't be buying anymore, since they cost way too much.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the perf MLBB color, it is reddish without being too pink w a touch of brown very rich color whilst being sheer. I have this in lipstick & lipgloss form as well becoz I like it so much! Kind of a rose color. NARS Rikugien is very similar. This is my kinda color! I wish it twisted up and down. Mine was in a set w Cruella I've got like 4 cruella's from bday set & mobile offers & this & I hate carrying a sharpener. I own a NARS sharpener. I think it works the best for these pencils. Winning!!

on 5/13/2016 11:48:00 PM

Beautiful color on any skin color. Natural with two swpies, and even better if doing it properly. I heard it is the most popular color out of the NARS matte lip pencil range. The only thing that holds me back a little is the price, but it's good quality :') Still excellent and gorgeous!

on 2/15/2016 10:52:00 PM

Love the colour. It looks so sweet and natural on the lips. I reckon it's good for both cool and warm skin tone. But I don't like the idea you have to sharpen it, it just waste a lot of product :-/ and it could be a little bit drying after a couple of hours. And the colour isn't very pigmented you have to swipe it over and over on your lips.... But I just love this colour so much so I'll still give it 4 lippies lol

on 2/8/2016 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

JANE AUSTEN LIPS!!! This is a warm, inviting, girl-next-door-sexy lip color. Texture is light, matte but not dusty. The color seems to meld into your lips so that it can seem almost like you're not wearing much at all. It's my holy grail lipstick and I will never be without it.

It's a color that makes you look like you've just been kissed, or just came back from an energizing run in the woods, or just woke up from a gorgeous afternoon nap and your cheeks are red and your lips are slightly swollen. It's effortless and subdued yet flirty. It's fresh yet sophisticated. It's your lips but way better than you ever dreamt. The genius of this color is that it is a pinky red with nude and a bit of brown in it. It's this type of color that looks great on skin because our skins aren't one color but a mixture of undertones and shades. I wish it came in different formulas (I mean it does but the color isn't accurately translated into gloss, lipstick, etc.) I regularly give this out to my girlfriends and I wish I could give YOU one ;*

on 2/8/2016 6:08:00 AM

I loooove the colour it's the perfect dusty rose colour. Glad I got it for free it crumbles and literally rolls off my lips. Lasts an hour tops and leaves the nasty line around your mouth while the rest has crumbled off. Really disappointed I would be less annoyed if it all fell off but instead it's a tacky outline leftover.