Egg Bomb

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 6/10/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

How I make mine:
2 Egg yolks
2 tablespoons of Avocado oil
1 Cup of water

Mixture will work for medium thick hair with length above bra strap. If longer or thicker you may need to adjust the amounts. Double everything, if that is too much next time subtract by 1.

Use an easy pour container. Beat eggs, add oil mix well then add water mixing well. Have old towel handy. Place head over sink (hair is dry), slowly pour mixture near scalp. Work mixture into scalp and add to another section. Repeat until scalp is covered. Now pour remaining mixture through rest of hair. You may need to lightly ring out your hair to prevent lots of dripping. Wrap hair in towel and leave on for at least 15 minutes but 30 is best. Shampoo and condition as normal.

I've tried lots of different homemade recipes for my hair. Nothing has ever worked as great as this one. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. As a bonus the eggs help hair grow stronger, conditions the hair to help with breakage, helps prevent hair loss and helps maintain a healthy scalp.

The oil used can penetrate the hair shaft adding moisture. The nutrients in avocado oil promotes healthy cell growth.

The water helps for a easier rinse out to makes everything easy to distribute.

I'm very pleased with this treatment and I use it once a week. It is cost effective and after just 5 treatments I can see a difference in my hair.

I did this to my hair this morning (2 eggs and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Left on 30 min) and didn't notice any change in my hair. I used brown eggs too. But since it's a natural thing and can't damage my hair I'll for sure do it again.

on 12/8/2012 2:29:00 PM

I first used the Egg Bomb last nigh, and I have to say that it isn't as messy as I thought at all! I used 2 egg yolks, 4 olive-oil ts and 2 honey ts. The truth is, it was very easy to apply and even though it gets very sticky about 20 minutes after the application (on unwashed hair), its very easy to rinse. I left it in my hair for 1 hour, I rinsed it with warm water ( and didn't get the cooking-the-egg problem) and then I shampooed and conditioned my hair as usual. This morning my hair was super soft and very very shinny. I am definitely doing it again!

on 11/26/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was thinking of buying one of the expensive protein treatments, but I've been reading all the positive reviews in here and I thought I'd give the egg bomb a try. I have dark auburn, long, wavy hair which is in need of some serious TLC, since I have been coloring it and usually wearing it straight for the past 10 years, leaving me with some seriously brittle ends. I doubled the recipe and it came out a nice, creamy mixture which wasn't runny. My egg bomb didn't smell like egg at all, probably because I used top quality olive oil and thyme honey, which smells wonderful and actually gave the mask a subttle thyme scent - the perk of living in Greece is you can get top quality natural products like honey, oil and eggs at ridiculous prices. Anyway, I left it on my hair for about an hour, then rinsed it with lukewarm water, shampooed and conditioned as usual. The result : Incredibly glossy, full and soft hair! I can even run my fingers through it and don't feel it break anymore. . I will not claim that this mask can cure your split ends and breakages because it can't (only a good trim can!) but if you want to avoid having your hair cut and still want it to look and feel its best, the egg bomb is the way to go.

on 11/22/2012 9:17:00 PM

I've come to a conclusion that egg dries out my hair drastically. I've tried combinations with honey, oil, coconut milk... using only the yolk or both the yolk and the white, leaving it from 15-20 mins and my hair ends up feeling coarse, dry and rough in the shower. I have given many chances to this mask, but I always end with the same result.
I'm surprised to see everyone else saw results...

This hair mask is really the BOMB , I have used it for more than 14 years so far :) ,I have very long (past my waist ) , thick hair ..It is on the "straight" side but so dry and frizzy so it is a nightmare to manage with this length and thickness ..Yes, It must be used on dry ,unwashed hair , I put an old cheap plastic shower cap on and leave it for about 45 minutes , then wash, shampoo and condition as usual ..Don't be afraid of the smell , honestly it will disappear ..I don't add honey , just some olive oil and two eggs ..I use the whole egg though it makes it a bit runny but I can handle the mess ...

I doubled for my hair (kind of thick, 3" below bra strap) and used 2 egg yolks (picking out the white parts), 1/4 cup EVOO, and about 1 Tbsp honey. There was enough to cover my hair generously. I put a plastic shower cap on my head and covered with a hot towel. I left the mixture on for about 1-1/2 hours while I made and ate breakfast and gave my kids a bath.

I washed it out with warm water (no problems) and used my regular conditioner. It took a while to work the conditioner in and comb out tangles. When I got out, my hair felt like silk! I *almost* didn't need to blow dry it. It didn't make a big difference in the appearance of my hair, but it felt so damaged before and feels so soft now that it is worth it! Maybe if I use it more often it will make my hair look better. I highly recommend at least trying it if your hair feels damaged!

on 3/12/2011 10:18:00 AM

I have thin, breaking, frizzy, shoulder length hair. After spending a small fortune on various deep conditioners, with unsatisfactory results, I remembered using eggs and mayo in high school and decided to give that a try again.
I mixed two egg yolks, 1 generous Tbsp of mayo, a little shy of 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and a 2 Tbsp of honey. I washed my hair with clarifying shampoo then applied the mixture. I covered my hair with plastic, and covered that with a towel, and hung out for twenty minutes or so.
I rinsed the mixture out (and I used warm/hot water with no problems). Then I washed with my regular shampoo and conditioner.
Like someone else posted, I was a little worried because my hair felt a little sticky. No worries, once my hair was dry I was in love. My hair is smooth, soft, and very shiny. I have very dark brown hair and this made my hair very bright and brought out my natural highlights. I will definitely keep using this!

I was skeptical about puting oil in my hair because my hair can get oily easily, but i tried it anyways.....this is my HG hair mask it worked SO great, it moisturized my hair reallly well and it made it so healthy and just has given me days of good hair days! I'm very excited, i have thick hair so it took a little bit more of it than i thought and the smell was pretty bad in my opinion, it took a day or so to get the smell out, but i can overlook all of that if it means my hair looking like this on a regular basis. It's soft, shiny, and just looks healthier i'm very excited! Even if your skeptical about trying it, it's okay because it works wonders.

on 1/19/2010 1:26:00 PM

Let me stress that I'm a big fan of all natural, DIY concoctions--the wonders of old fashioned oatmeal alone sold me on the concept. However, the egg bomb just didn't do anything for me. My hair was the same after using it; only, it took three shampoos to get the olive oil out of my hair. My hair was grease city after using it, thus necessitating three shampoos.
There are two reasons I'm not making my score a one. This mixture won't truly harm anyone's hair in the long run, even if it doesn't work out. Since college, I've been extremely careful with my hair, avoiding coloring, overwashing, and any products that might be too harsh on it. So, it could be that it didn't work for me because I really didn't need it and it might benefit people whose hair was in more of a state of distress. So, I'm putting my review out here for people with pretty okay hair. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this, but to just keep in mind that it might not be a one-size-fits-all solution.