Egg Bomb

Filtered by eye Color : Black
 Egg Bomb

4.2

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 2/1/2017 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Firstly, I have tried this and whenever I do i get TONS of compliments on my hair for days.

I've been reading through some of the reviews: MOST of the people who found this mask horrible seemed to be using the WHOLE egg. For petes sake, do NOT use the whole egg, ONLY use the YOLK.

This is a wonderful mask, I personally make it like this:
2 egg yolks (whisked up)
large Tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
a tablespoon of coconut oil
a few drops of rosewater (helps the smell, but not necessary)

rub this mixture into DRY hair, that has not been washed, do not use on freshly washed hair.
Leave on for 20min (or an hour if you can stand it, however this runny liquid tends to drip down your face, so you should stay in the bath)

Now shampoo and condition using cool water, et voila!

Beautiful hair is a few kitchen ingredients away!

(PS: I also use a spray on mixture of bergamot essence, bay rum, and placenta on my scalp which helps my hair grow)

on 1/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is fab! I used this recipe:

-1 egg
-3 t/s of honey
-2 t/s of castor oil

Seriously im telling you guys my hair is really thin because of hair fall. I dont even wear my hair down when i go outdoor because my scalp is really obvious. I ended up with ponytail everytime i go outdoor. At first i thought egg hair mask would do nothing because i tried it before and nothing happened because my hair still falling out like crazy. And recently, my scalp just so freaking obvious and i need to do something, so i give this hair mask a chance. I apply it on my wet hair starting from the centre of my hair part concentrating my scalp. During the application, my hair fall still the same that I almost give up because it fall out alot. After 20minute, i wash my hair with shampo and condition my hair ponytail. When i comb it as it dry, i do notice that my hair fall is reduced a little, so i dont care bout it. Then after 3 days of bot washing hair, my hair fall is really noticeably reduced! I often comb my hair and there would be around 5 strands of hair everytime i comb it, but this time its really not much hair falling out . I'll give this treatment a 1month shot, if i see miracle, yesss im going to stick to this treatment.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have really dry, brittle and crappy hair. I mean really crappy. So I stumbled upon some article on egg bomb protein mask, try it one afternoon when I'm sure the boyfriend won't be home. So, I use 1 eggs, 2 table spoon of coconut oil and 1 table spoon of honey on dry unwashed hair. Apply it really well by section, and cover with a shower cap and a towel on my shoulder because i knew its going to dripped like nobody's business. I didn't wait for the eggs to dry totally, just waited out for roughly 15-20 minutes because I don't want the shower cap to stuck to my hair while i remove it. Afterwards I rinse with COLD water and shampoo it out with my normal shampoo. Did not apply any conditioner but a light spritz of coconut oil+distilled water at my ends.
Resuts: Hair look thicker and honestly shinier.
Cons: Messy, hair can feel a bit straw like when air drying.

on 3/26/2014 11:49:00 PM

WOW

I got a perm about 3 weeks ago and my hair was like straw. It was breaking, felt stiff and dry and brittle and the waves looked kinky (not like natural waves). I get a perm every 5-6 months but this one was more drying on my hair than most for some reason - maybe due to the crazy winter and the radiator/heaters in my apartment and office. In any case, I came across this mask online and tried it. I used

- 2 organic egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil

I waited til the egg yolks were about room temperature since the coconut oil would have solidified if the egg yolks were cold. I whisked it all together and rubbed it in with my fingers all over my hair. I didn't use a hair cap. I didn't need one. There were no drips. The mask felt like it was caked onto my head and felt solid almost on my hair immediately. I left the mask on for an hour and then rinsed under warm water (nothing happened) and shampooed and conditioned as usual. After drying, my hair was

SUPER SHINY, SILKY AND THE CURLS WERE BEAUTIFUL CASCADING WAVES INSTEAD OF KINKY CURLS!

WOW WOW WOW

I will do this at least once a week!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

THIS WORKS SO WELL! Made my hair feel really soft. I've tried just an olive oil pre-wash mask and it doesn't work half as well as this.

Background: I have fine hair, slightly wavy, generally dry but looks deceptively smooth still. However, it has been feeling quite dry and straw-like to the touch in recent years. I decided to try this recipe and it really makes my hair feel soft! However, it probably won't make your hair perfect and doesn't really seem to be helping with flyaways and slight frizzyness which I think is due to weather. I managed to wash all the residue off in just one wash, and my hair feels completely clean. However, there is an ever-so-slight smell of the egg still, not enough to notice unless you really sniff your hair. It will go back to normal when I wash it the next day.

I used one egg yolk, one tablespoon olive oil, and a chunk of honey, on my medium-long hair length. Was enough for a thin coat all over, then I tied it up and put it in a shower cap and left it in for about 1-2 hours.

Try it! You have nothing to lose. It's natural and chemical free, & cheap!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this using the generic formula stated by the "Most helpful" people. And honestly...I didn't like it. First off, it takes quite a bit of time to make and apply. The texture is quite sticky and makes quite a bit of mess when you apply it to your hair. What I did, was I slathered it over the bottom half of my hair and put my hair in a bun, then I put saran wrap over it to "lock in the heat" and what not.

After 30 minutes, I took it out, hopped in the shower and did my regular routine - shampoo, body wash, conditioner, face cleanser. When I came out, I expected AWESOME moisture. Instead, I felt like my hair was a little weighed down and not even as moisturized as when I used my TreSemme conditioner.

Overall, this was a waste of my time and effort. I guess you could try it, but trust me, It's a whole lot of work.

If you're looking to try a natural alternative to conditioner for your hair, try apple cider, it's much better than this, and much cleaner to.

on 7/20/2010 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

After reading the rave reviews, I thought I'd give the egg bomb a try. I had not one, but two dye-job disasters over the past two years. I was beside myself (dye me bad once, shame on you, but dye me bad twice, shame on me right? Though I really think it was just bad luck because it was two totally different stylists). Anyhow, my ends have been a straw-like mess ever since, as I try to grow my hair out. I decided to give the egg bomb a shot. I mixed up the concoction of oil, egg yolks, and honey, slathered it on to my hair, put on a shower cap and waited while the entire family stared at me like I was crazy. When it came time to wash though, they were all so curious about how it'd turn out. First, I tried just flipping over and shampooing my hair with the handheld shower nozzle. This did not get all the goop out and my hair was a greasy mess. Oh and quite seriously, I know another reviewer joked about cooking the egg in your hair, but there were some chunks in mine for sure! After that, I ended up showering completely to get all the gunk out. My hair was shinier after, but the oil seemed to weigh it down still even after two shampoos. The family voted: shiny, yes. But my vote is it was just too messy and too greasy and not worth the trouble for me. I'll stick to my Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

My hair is extremely dry and I just did the egg bomb on my hair. I'm waiting for my hair to air dry as I'm typing this, but the parts that are dry are SUPER shiny, SUPER soft, and extremely manageable!!

My hair has been victim to many years of hair dye, but I've been growing it out so that my natural color will come back in. However, the ends are still really dry and brittle. After doing this egg bomb, my ends are soft and silky!!

I didn't notice any smell, good or bad. I kinda wish I smelled the cake batter smell :D

PLEASE try this at least once! I promise you won't be disappointed :) Plus, it's so inexpensive to make!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very long and thick, coarse, color-treated (double-process/permanent dye, wouldn't you know) hair, and I'm constantly searching for a perfect deep conditioner. Even though, at 37, I"m really pushing serious middle age, I want to recapture the super-soft, shiny brunette of my youth! I usually wash with a shampoo for dry/color-treated hair (I use both drugstore products as well as the high-end/from the hairdresser ones) and use a super-deep conditioner (one of those that you leave on for at least 3 min. before rinsing) and follow up with Aussie's leave-in conditioning mousse and a thermal-protection styling serum. Because I also heat-style (some kind of iron--either flat- or curling-; I know, I know, I'm a bad girl and a glutton for punishment), my hair really takes a beating and it needs all the TLC it can get. A friend told me about this recipe, which she calls "The Egg Bomb." Even though I was quite skeptical of the whole thing, I had to admit that her hair's lovely. She, too, abuses her own long hair, but it's super-soft and shiny. I agreed to "Bomb" my own hair one day when visiting her at her home. Here's the recipe:

Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey (I think I added just a little more). In a seperate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. Since I have a lot of long hair (it's nearly to my bra strap), we doubled the recipe--that made the perfect ammount to completely saturate my hair. Leave the whole mixture on for 30 minutes. We wrapped my head in cling wrap (we didn't have a shower cap! I was praying that no unexpected visitors dropped in!) to avoid dripping, but I don't think that this stuff would really drip much, if any. For extra conditioning, my friend says that she occasionally slathers mayonnaise over her hair (on top of the Bomb mixture) for even more conditioning power. After 30 minutes, rinse in cool water; then shampoo and condition as usual.

This left my hair SUPER, SUPER-SOFT, SHINY, and MANAGEABLE!!! I even skipped my mousse and serum--my hair was that good! It hasn't been like this since I was probably 12!!! Despite the stickiness of this stuff, it really was easy to wash out--no scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing and negating the moisturizing of the treatment! I have been using L'Oreal's Pro Vive shampoo for dry/color-treated hair and their conditioner for women of color--I probably didn't really need it. I've been Bombing my head once a week/every couple of weeks, and it's never looked or felt better. Even my hairdresser has commented that it's in much better shape. The ingredients are cheap, and everyone probably has them on hand (even I usually do, and I really don't cook!) I recommend this HIGHLY to all!
Bombs away!

***Addendum: Hi all, and thanks to everybody who's messaged me about the Bomb! Since I'm MUA freshman, I'm only allotted 10 messages per day, so I'm not intentionally ignoring/snubbing anyone to whom I haven't yet responded! To answer the questions that several people have asked, 1.) Apply the emulsion to DRY, UNWASHED HAIR! I heard from a lovely lady in Italy who more correctly referred to this as a moisturizing pretreatment rather than a conditioner. 2.) After you've finished treating your hair, you will need to WASH, RATHER THAN RINSE, your hair. This mixture is tenacious, so just rinsing with water wouldn't work. However--paradoxically-- it does wash out easily (no need to break out the Comet!) and really doesn't leave your hair smelling of egg. (I made several people bury their noses in my hair, and they couldn't detect anything offensive. I myself haven't picked up any scent other than my shampoo.) 3.) Don't use the entire egg, just the YOLK. Using both it and the white will make the mixture too runny--my friend who shared the recipe with me says that it just won't work as well and will be, and I quote, "a big, slimey mess!"