Egg Bomb

Egg Bomb

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

I just egg bombed my hair. Such a good decision. My hair is so shiny it's like it belongs to someone else! Just awesome. I did modify the concoction by adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil as well. I just love coconut oil for anything and everything. Plus it makes you smell like the beach instead of breakfast.

As someone who uses oil (coconut, olive, almond) in my hair frequently, I was SO surprised at how effortless the egg bomb washed out. I used warm water--just warm enough so I didn't freeze in the shower. It didn't cook the egg. After I rinsed out the mask, I washed my hair with watered down aloe vera shampoo and finished with She Care deep conditioning conditioner (used to swear by it, but it's changed so don't bother).

I also used the egg white (about half) to infuse my hair with much needed protein. Should you choose not to include the egg white, might as well make yourself an egg white omelet while your hair mask sits.

This will be become a once a week ritual for sure.

on 5/23/2010 5:51:00 PM

I've read somewhere that hair doesn't absorb egg protein as the molecules are too big.
Or something like that, don't remember and it's not important to this review more then as a clue to why I couldn't see this mask as something that actually would work, or be diffrent to a regular evoo deep treatment.
Well it helps for something! In some way, the egg brings extra moisture/protein/whatever and it sure makes a huge difference compared to just a pre wash oiling.
I've used different oils and honey before in treatments, and I'm supriced to say, but this mix of ingredients seems to cooperate REALLY well and it's an excellent alternative to more expensive masks.

It does strip color though, and it's messy, and smells -really- bad.
But you just can't have it all and for this price, availability and result, I will absolutely try it again.