Egg Bomb

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 8/8/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Ι tried the egg bomb for the first time a couple of days ago; mixed a whiped egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. At this point the mix was sticky and smelled like pastry dough.
Applied on thick, curly, dry hair and didin't drip, became hard to the touch almost right away. Left it for an hour and rinsed with cold water which was easier than I expected. Shampooed and used moisturising conditioner. Let air dry.
Other that some extra body I didn't notice any difference, my hair wasn't any softer or more manageable. I'm not impressed but was worth a try.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have really dry, brittle and crappy hair. I mean really crappy. So I stumbled upon some article on egg bomb protein mask, try it one afternoon when I'm sure the boyfriend won't be home. So, I use 1 eggs, 2 table spoon of coconut oil and 1 table spoon of honey on dry unwashed hair. Apply it really well by section, and cover with a shower cap and a towel on my shoulder because i knew its going to dripped like nobody's business. I didn't wait for the eggs to dry totally, just waited out for roughly 15-20 minutes because I don't want the shower cap to stuck to my hair while i remove it. Afterwards I rinse with COLD water and shampoo it out with my normal shampoo. Did not apply any conditioner but a light spritz of coconut oil+distilled water at my ends.
Resuts: Hair look thicker and honestly shinier.
Cons: Messy, hair can feel a bit straw like when air drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've decided that eggs and my hair simply don't agree. I've tried this in many different combinations, with coconut oil, olive oil, honey, you name it. I always end up with greasy, stiff eggy smelling hair(this is after shampoo and conditioner) I have other natural masks that I use that work much better than this.

on 12/22/2012 3:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I do this treatment once a month. I use three tablespoons of coconut oil, one egg yolk, and one tablespoon of honey. I leave it on for two hours. It makes my hair shiny and very soft. I have done it for two of my friends, and they love it too.

on 5/18/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very hesitant to try this, but I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and decided what the heck. I mixed it up, applied to my slightly damp hair and let it sit for a hour. I could have left it in more but had no time. I then washed and conditioned as usual using tepid water and let my hair air-dry. My hair was very soft and less frizzy. I could see a visible difference in shine as well. I look forward to playing around with the ingredients to see what would work even better for me, but this was worth a shot and is cheap and easy to make.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hello my fellow dames of MUA. I have been looking for that miracle treatment for my fine curly hair that I am desperately trying to grow out super long. I just recently tried the "Coconut Cream Relaxer" (youtube it, it seems to work super well for super curly hair) and thoguh it did leave my hair conditioned, I found the mess irritating beyond belief and I was left wondering if there was something better so that I could avoid having warm yogurt dripping down my face and back... So, I find this egg bomb deal and im like... why not? So I decided to use coconut oil instead of olive oil because I actually did not have any on hand (for the first time in my life D= ) So, I whip up a batch like so 2 egg yolk, 2 tbsp honey and only 2 tbsp coconut oil since I usually add some to my hair later on anyways. I was worried because they egg yolks were cold and coconut oil solidifies at around 70 degrees but it blended just fine and the consistency of the mix coated my hair with no drips! I left it on for 30 min. So, the verdict??? I really like it, wasked it out with an olive oil bar and now im waiting for my hair to dry to see how my curls look. Ill update asap! So far it feels super soft and my curls look like theyre clumping well. ::crosses fingers::

EDIT** Ummm... I think I just found my HG... my hair looks fabulous... Wow... seriously, thanks ladies! I put a smidge of my pomade in my hair and that was it and it looks and feels soooo soft. I really wonder if using either olive or coconut oil makes a diff.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Heres some background info on my hair; its curly and ethnic, a bit on the dry side, frizzy and damaged from dying. When you damage curly hair it often becomes limp; which mine did. the root limpness is also because its getting long and therefore heavy. So my hair can look flat, unhealthy, frizzy and dull all together at any given time (sexy huh?). I also heat style so yeah...I'll try anything in the name of deep conditioning. The Egg Bomb sounded perfect, I had all the stuff on hand and I just took to the attitude "can't hurt, might help" so I tried it. I didnt love the idea of using olive oil on my hair because I thought it might weigh it down and make it greasy but when I mixed it with the honey it looked fine and sure enough when I slopped this onmy dry and unwashed hair the sticky honey kinda neutralized most of the olive oils greasiness! I have long heir, average thick and didnt find I needed to double the mixture. Perhaps extra thick hair might need to. Also you can kinda customize it to you by adding more oil and less honey if you hair is dry and adding more honey and less oil if oilness is a problem for you. I added a touch more honey just for the smell (I love honey). I wrapped my hair in a towel (no plastic wrap) and left it on for a little over 25 mins. When I took the towel off to wash my hair it felt a bit like I had ut glue in it...but once I was washing it in warmish water the mixture just washed out very easily....not sticky, not oily, not funky just so soft! I noticed right away how soft and managable my hair has become, like right away...as I was shampooing infact (Creme Of Nature Ultra Moist in the white and green bottle) and after that I probably could have gone without conditioner but I used a little bit anyway (Aussie Deeeeep) and my hair was just so so nice. I keep swaing soft and manigable and thats an understatement! It wasent weighed down at all. It was smooth and shiny and the least frizzy it has been for years (forever?)...wow! I was a little concerned about it smelling weird so I made me brutally honest boyfriend smell my hair and he said it smelled "good". So as far as The Egg Bomb goes I am a believer. I will be doing this to my hair twice monthly from now on.And also recomending it to friends. family and coworkers. I can't thank SiameseLouise enough for sharing this!