Egg Bomb

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 9/4/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A homemade mask with such a high vote on MUA? I had to try it!
I wanted to try an egg mask for years and now I had the confirmation it's good. Except..it was the messiest mess ever on me.
It was fine until rinsing. It went away smoothly and fast. After shampooing, I realized a half handful of hair fell. REALLY? I didn't see any aesthetic improvement at all and my hair felt like straw until I did conditioner.
The smell was unbearable the whole time and the whole room now smells.Not to mention the bathroom. After shampooing twice, conditioning with a chamomille scented product, doing a macadamia mask and some pump of Revlon's Uniq, I still smell like crazy. It's disgusting. I'd like to put some perfume on hair but I'd like to avoid spraying basically pure alcohol on it.
I'm so sorry tho, I really wanted to like this and was all excited and ready for the experience. But it became a nightmare. I feel sorry for wasting two eggs.

on 1/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is fab! I used this recipe:

-1 egg
-3 t/s of honey
-2 t/s of castor oil

Seriously im telling you guys my hair is really thin because of hair fall. I dont even wear my hair down when i go outdoor because my scalp is really obvious. I ended up with ponytail everytime i go outdoor. At first i thought egg hair mask would do nothing because i tried it before and nothing happened because my hair still falling out like crazy. And recently, my scalp just so freaking obvious and i need to do something, so i give this hair mask a chance. I apply it on my wet hair starting from the centre of my hair part concentrating my scalp. During the application, my hair fall still the same that I almost give up because it fall out alot. After 20minute, i wash my hair with shampo and condition my hair ponytail. When i comb it as it dry, i do notice that my hair fall is reduced a little, so i dont care bout it. Then after 3 days of bot washing hair, my hair fall is really noticeably reduced! I often comb my hair and there would be around 5 strands of hair everytime i comb it, but this time its really not much hair falling out . I'll give this treatment a 1month shot, if i see miracle, yesss im going to stick to this treatment.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

There's a lot of hullabaloo that goes round about the egg bomb pre-shampoo mask, so here's how to use it properly (thank you to the original reviewer for the directions...i do know that on mobile that "most helpful" does not show up, however--so here's the quick rundown):

Mix:
3-4 tbsp EVOO
1-2 tsp honey

in a separate bowl:
1-2 egg yolks, beaten

(Adjust the measurements accordingly. I have bra-strap length, coarse, wurly hair. You may need more or less of a certain ing based on your hair...don't stress too much about it. The important part is following the instructions below.)

Add bowls together, stir until fully mixed.

Section DRY hair (as if blow drying) into at least 4 sections (due to stickiness of mixture. again, use your own judgement here.)
Add mixture to DRY, UNWASHED HAIR. Most importantly:
DRY HAIR. I recommend that you get into shower or bath for this step. The sort of "paint brush" a hair dresser uses for applying color is helpful here, but fingers are fine too! Honestly, i have used a fork before, little mermaid style...i have no shame. just slather that ish on however you can.
Put on shower cap if desired. DO NOT USE HEAT. IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO RINSE OUT.
Let mix sit for at least 30 min.
Rinse using COLD WATER.
COLD WATER. (if you have a detachable shower head...that will be awesome for this. and if not, i hope you have a friend who does, cos you will be very cold.)
NOT HOT WATER. This is important!
Shampoo and condition as per usual. or use the best ones you have...either way, you're finished with the egg bomb!

Admire your lovely locks.

on 11/14/2013 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

A nice concoction of some of nature's perfect products!
Egg, honey and olive oil are wonderful for hair and skincare. Using organic eggs is important as they have more benefits.

For hair, I mix egg yolks (no whites) and raw honey and whip it up. I also add some apricot kernel, olive or coconut oil to this mix and apply it to the hair and scalp. It is a very sticky mix and can be exasperating to work with, but patience is the key. For maximum benefits, leave the mix on the hair for 60 minutes or longer. I know of some people who leave this mask overnight too, but I am hesitant to try that!

Wash off with cold water, as cold as one can tolerate. Using warm water may cook the egg - especially if some egg white has crept in and cause bits and pieces of egg to cling to the hair (yuck!). Rinse or wash off with a rosemary-lavender diffusion or shikakai. The hair is left clean, soft and very shiny. It also adds tons of volume to the hair. As is, I have voluminous hair and don't need the extra volume.

Honey is essential to give moisture to the hair. An egg-only mask will be somewhat drying to the hair. Note that egg whites can also be applied to the hair and they are probably as beneficial, but they smell and scramble too! Egg yolk is high in fat and therefore does not scramble as easily as the whites. One more thing to note is to remove the thick, lumpy, white thread that connects the yolk and egg white, inside the egg (chalaza?). That is super-smelly and it cooks in even lukewarm water and sticks to the hair.

For skin, use the egg-white and apply on the forehead and nose areas. It tightens the skin and cleanses out any blackheads.

The humble egg is a perfect nature food for health and beauty!

on 9/26/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I, too, am a Lauren of the internet, and wish to disagree with my similarly named comrade below! :P

My hair was being crap. So frizzed out and fussy, that being outside and not having an umbrella handy if it rained was enough to trigger a mini panic attack. No serum or spray could keep it looking nice and lock out humidity. What more did it want? I was using a very gentle shampoo, salon conditioner, and oiling generously with avocado oil. Then I chanced upon this treatment and it hit me all at once: P R O T E I N! How could I have let it slip under my nose like this?

First, I tried this concoction on already shampooed and clarified hair, and used a whole egg instead of just the yolk, following the rest of the directions. The results were stunning. Shine like you wouldn't believe, and my hair needed only a little coaxing with flat iron to get straight (we're talking 5 minutes as opposed to 15). It rained the morning after, and as usual I doused myself in hairspray till I was coughing. It stayed beautifully shiny and smooth all day!

However, applying this way made it drip monstrously, and was much messier. For the next wash, I tried the original recipe on unwashed hair. Much, much easier to apply, and less smelly. I didn't notice as dramatic a difference, but I guess that is to be expected since the first treatment already did so much work. My hair is now shiny, and full of the GOOD kind of volume.. the kind that makes people say 'Wow, her hair is so lush!' versus 'Jeeze, look at all that hair!'. It's more humidity resistant than ever.

Like other reviewers noted, my hair felt a bit dried out after I shampooed it. But a good deep moisture mask is the perfect follow up and sorts things out nicely. This is absolutely a must-try if your routine has been lacking in protein treatments!

EDIT: I must mention, that the second time I used the mask, I indeed had the crunchy feel to my hair. Deep conditioner sorted it out okay, but my hair was still just a little poofier and more strawlike than I would have liked. The first treatment was that powerful by itself!

It seems to me that whether you love it or hate it depends completely upon whether or not your hair needs the protein. At any rate, a deep conditioner after this is a MUST!

on 4/18/2013 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this hair mask after reading so many awesome reviews, but I was a tiny bit disappointed. Still, overall I was impressed - I think I was just hoping for too much. My hair does feel a bit healthier than it did before using this.

To start with, my hair is just a couple inches above waist-length in the back, and thicker than thick. To give you an idea, I've had so many hairdressers pick up less than a quarter of my hair and tell me, "You've got more hair right here than most people have on their entire head." I actually had to use five times the recipe - I tripled it to begin with but it was definitely not enough. I've dyed my hair maybe five times in the past few years, straighten it once or twice a week and am way overdue on a trim, so I did have a bit of damage.

It did feel disgusting during the application, but I didn't notice much of a smell. I applied, covered my hair and let it sit for about forty-five minutes. It did take a few minutes to rinse out before shampooing, and even though I'd brushed it before applying the egg bomb, it was the most knotted mess it's ever been while trying to shampoo and condition. After air-drying it was still pretty oily, so I washed and conditioned again and that fixed it.

Now that it's all dry and clean, I do notice a bit of difference. It does seem a bit healthier overall, and somehow my ends look and feel fuller. Aside from that I don't notice much difference in the overall feel or texture of my hair, but I suppose it wasn't too bad to start with and the egg bomb did essentially what it was supposed to. My hair feels stronger.

on 12/23/2012 1:36:00 AM

I tried this for a couple weeks because of how many people swear by it, but it just didn't do much for me. I have dry, frizzy, damaged hair and I came out of the shower looking the same. Very little shine, still poofy, and still dry. After a few weeks my hair looked slightly more moisturized, though.

I ended up cutting my locks off and going for a pixie cut. Because my (now short) hair isn't broken or thin, I can see more of a difference. It is a bit softer and shinier and the frizz is a little more controllable.

I like the fact that it is all natural and pretty cheep (pun intended). It's also really important to buy good quality eggs. I have my own hens who are free ranged and fed organically, and I use their eggs but one time I had to settle for some poor quality store bought eggs and the difference was pretty noticeable; just not as healthy looking and not as moisturized.

Overall, I like the product. I guess I was just disappointed that it's not some miracle cure like everyone was saying it was. Also, it takes a long time to notice a difference. I still occasionally treat myself to it in hopes that any new hair growth will be more healthy and moisturized than before.

This hair mask is really the BOMB , I have used it for more than 14 years so far :) ,I have very long (past my waist ) , thick hair ..It is on the "straight" side but so dry and frizzy so it is a nightmare to manage with this length and thickness ..Yes, It must be used on dry ,unwashed hair , I put an old cheap plastic shower cap on and leave it for about 45 minutes , then wash, shampoo and condition as usual ..Don't be afraid of the smell , honestly it will disappear ..I don't add honey , just some olive oil and two eggs ..I use the whole egg though it makes it a bit runny but I can handle the mess ...

on 6/14/2012 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I tried this yesterday for the first time. The ends of my hair I noticed are getting a little dry. I do straightened maybe once a week so the damage is from that. I have to say that it did make my hair feel softer. I noticed the difference more in the upper half of my hair but overall my hair did feel softer.

It was a little messy and difficult to apply. Wrapped my hair in a plastic bag for an hour since I didnt have a shower cap. Will probably continue this once a week.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

My hair just cannot do without this treatment. It's super-dry to the point moisturising masks give virtually no significant result and it's wavy, when treated with the wrong product, it'll expand like a lion's mane with a gazillion knots that breaks hair brushes. And my hair's not even long, it's only armpit-length. Oh, and I do not heat style my hair.

I very nearly bought Kerastase Masquintense because I was so fed up with my difficult hair but I was very reluctant. I once tried this treatment, but it didn't give an amazing result. I'm so glad I gave it another go!

This has transformed my difficult hair into a beautiful tangle-free and defined waves. It's ridiculously soft and silky, I couldn't believe my own hands. It doesn't rob my volume as well, it makes my hair look voluminous, bouncy and just overall awesome. The result lasts, I once tried a vigorous clarifying treatment to find out my natural texture, I clarified with shampoo mixed with baking soda and didn't follow with a conditioner. My hair air-dried amazingly! I use the original recipe and it's enough for my medium-length hair. I leave it on for 30-60 minutes, shampoo it out, condition and I haven't had a single bad hair day since I started this weekly treatment. I feel like at last, I no longer need expensive salon conditioner or shampoo because with this, anything will do. The fact that it's natural and cheap is just the icing on the cake :)