Egg Bomb

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OK so my hair: long-ish (bra length!) and very, very thick.

I'm naturally blonde but had been dying my hair auburn for about 2 and a half years. I decided I wanted to try a nice light brown shade, and instead of using a box dye like I usually did, I decided to get it done professionally.
BIG MISTAKE. I walked out of the salon with jet black hair.

I hated it, and decided to correct it myself with store-bought bleaches over a period of about 12 weeks. It worked and my hair is back to being a beautiful blonde colour now... but it's a dry, knotted, frizzy mess.

I looked at buying lots of different protein treatments, but they were all so expensive. I decided to just use eggs!

My recipe is really quite simple: four or five eggs, including whites, beaten in a jug and just plastered all over my hair.
I leave it on for an hour or two, then rinse out with cool water. I always follow up with a good conditioner.

For those of you who are saying it doesn't make your hair feel soft: it won't. That's not what it's for. It's for re-constructing, NOT conditioning. Whenever you use a protein treatment, you should always follow up with conditioner.

It's also not a quick fix. If your hair really is damaged enough for you to consider putting eggs on it, you're going to need a few treatments! try it every three or four weeks or so.

on 8/5/2009 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yes, of course, I was skeptical too. But this simple 3 ingredient concoction is amazing. I have color treated, 50% coarse gray hair and this is the first thing that's actually smoothed it out. I use Pureology Nano shampoo and conditioner, and although it helps, nothing compares to this. I left mine on 2 hours while watching a movie, and I just can't say enough. Like another reviewer, I used no serums or products at all: just shampoo, condition and blow dry. I plan to use this weekly. Thank you so much to the gal who posted this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Well I just had to try this seeing as my hair is a frizzy, dried out bush right now.My hair is very thick so i doubled the
recipe and added a little extra honey.Next time I might triple it-my hair is *that* thick.Anyhow, it was a bit messy but fun
to make and felt good going on.I left in on for 30 minutes but as it is so hot here(97 degrees!) I didn't use cling film lest it cook on my head!!!Like 'siameselouise' stated it was very easy to wash out-I then used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship 'poo and Break's Over conditioner.Even after shampooing I could tell my hair was softer.I usually have a hard time with knots but they seemed to comb out easier.I always use a leave in and shine serum afterwards but didn't this time to see the 'full effects'.....I was happy to find that the EVOO I used left no trace of scent in my hair.I can definitely tell my hair feels thicker(thanks to the egg yolk no doubt)and is seriously soft and shiny.I will definitely be doing this treatment on a regular basis-yay for natural goodies!!!!!!!!

ETA-Now that my hair is completely dry, I am amazed at how soft and shiny it is-with absolutely no product in it at all.....that is truly a first for me-A++++++