Egg Bomb

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

I loved this hair mask! I have shoulder length, curly hair that is very dry. The egg worked very nicely. The only thing I didn't like was the smell, but that was to be expected. My hair looks shinier, and it feels stronger. I have a few friends who have tried it, and they've all loved it! Some add mayonnaise, bananas, or a mixture of different oils. Even honey. I think different things work for different people, but this definitely worked for me. It will feel a little stiff after a while, but that's what the egg does. Rinse it off with cold water, and some non sulfate shampoo and you should be good to go.

on 10/13/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The egg bomb works really well with my thick, straight hair; it keeps split ends at bay. Used the recipe exactly as listed above (1 egg yolk, 2tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey). You might want to warm the honey (and/or oil) just a little to make it mix more easily. I saw another reviewer complain that it made her hair dry and stiff--but she used the whole egg! Egg whites are commonly used to dry up acne on your face--not something you want to use for moisturizing, so use the yolk only and you'll be fine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've decided that eggs and my hair simply don't agree. I've tried this in many different combinations, with coconut oil, olive oil, honey, you name it. I always end up with greasy, stiff eggy smelling hair(this is after shampoo and conditioner) I have other natural masks that I use that work much better than this.

This is really good! I just used it today, and I got great results. My usual black hair with brown highlights (natural) is usually uncontrollable. Now, its smooth, silky and shiny! I'm defiantly going to use this again. Right now, the leftovers is stored neatly in a plastic container in my basement refrigerator. You need
1-5 eggs
1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of water
Something to mix with
A plastic container
a microwave
Directions: Crack your egg(s) into your plastic container. Its optional to separate your yolks from you whites. I like to use all of my egg, so I don't waste. (make sure to crush you eggs, or mix them well. Last time, I had cooked egg pieces... They were white!)
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to your mix.
3. Add one cup of water. Make sure you mix everything together thoroughly
4. Put your plastic container in the microwave. Microwave until its warm, not hot, or else you'll get cooked eggs that you can't eat.
5. Cap the cap on your plastic container.
6. Take a shower, don't bother on making your hair smell good... I guess you know why.
7. Dunk your hand in, and massage you head. Keep on doing that until your fully satisfied that the egg is covering your hair fully.
8. Apply a shower cap over it and let it sit for 20-30 minutes.
9. Rinse it out.
10. Let it air dry or blow dry it.
11. Enjoy and feel the softness!
12. If there is some left, seal the top of your container and store it in a fridge or else youll have rotting egg. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Hope this works for you... This worked for me. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

THIS WORKS SO WELL! Made my hair feel really soft. I've tried just an olive oil pre-wash mask and it doesn't work half as well as this.

Background: I have fine hair, slightly wavy, generally dry but looks deceptively smooth still. However, it has been feeling quite dry and straw-like to the touch in recent years. I decided to try this recipe and it really makes my hair feel soft! However, it probably won't make your hair perfect and doesn't really seem to be helping with flyaways and slight frizzyness which I think is due to weather. I managed to wash all the residue off in just one wash, and my hair feels completely clean. However, there is an ever-so-slight smell of the egg still, not enough to notice unless you really sniff your hair. It will go back to normal when I wash it the next day.

I used one egg yolk, one tablespoon olive oil, and a chunk of honey, on my medium-long hair length. Was enough for a thin coat all over, then I tied it up and put it in a shower cap and left it in for about 1-2 hours.

Try it! You have nothing to lose. It's natural and chemical free, & cheap!

on 5/23/2010 5:51:00 PM

I've read somewhere that hair doesn't absorb egg protein as the molecules are too big.
Or something like that, don't remember and it's not important to this review more then as a clue to why I couldn't see this mask as something that actually would work, or be diffrent to a regular evoo deep treatment.
Well it helps for something! In some way, the egg brings extra moisture/protein/whatever and it sure makes a huge difference compared to just a pre wash oiling.
I've used different oils and honey before in treatments, and I'm supriced to say, but this mix of ingredients seems to cooperate REALLY well and it's an excellent alternative to more expensive masks.

It does strip color though, and it's messy, and smells -really- bad.
But you just can't have it all and for this price, availability and result, I will absolutely try it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the egg bomb! I love homemade beauty recipes too! I have been doing this for around 6 months. Less when my hair was dark (once a month), more now that it has been lightened (two times a month). Just depends. Cheap, effective, perfection! The combination works well with my hair and washes out...which normally doesn't happen very well when I just use say, coconut oil. I think I will mess around with the mixture a bit though overall excellent protein/moisture treatment.

on 10/9/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The egg bomb works! I used the original recipe of 1 egg yolk, 2 tbs olive oil, and 1 tsp honey, and it was plenty to cover my thick, shoulder-length hair. I covered it with a shower cap and used the blow dryer to heat it up for a little while after I put it on. I ended up leaving it in overnight because I was too tired to wash and style it by the time I put it in. My boyfriend was over when I had it in, and I was telling him the ingredients and he said, "That sounds expensive!" I laughed and told him it was homemade so, in fact, it was dirt cheap. It actually works better than expensive products too. The next morning when I washed and styled my hair, it was extra soft and shiny. I'll definitely use this again especially since I have been switching to all natural and organic products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a great deep conditioning treatment. Only problem is that I guess I have more hair than I think I do, because even with doubling the recipe (I have hair to my bra strap) it wasn't nearly enough product by far. I was out of eggs, so I made it work by concentrating on the bottom 2/3 of my hair. Next time I will triple the recipe. Oh, also I used jojoba oil as I already use that in my hair. A generic brand of olive oil would be cheaper!

My hair is almost too soft and has a definite shine. Very nicely done!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hello my fellow dames of MUA. I have been looking for that miracle treatment for my fine curly hair that I am desperately trying to grow out super long. I just recently tried the "Coconut Cream Relaxer" (youtube it, it seems to work super well for super curly hair) and thoguh it did leave my hair conditioned, I found the mess irritating beyond belief and I was left wondering if there was something better so that I could avoid having warm yogurt dripping down my face and back... So, I find this egg bomb deal and im like... why not? So I decided to use coconut oil instead of olive oil because I actually did not have any on hand (for the first time in my life D= ) So, I whip up a batch like so 2 egg yolk, 2 tbsp honey and only 2 tbsp coconut oil since I usually add some to my hair later on anyways. I was worried because they egg yolks were cold and coconut oil solidifies at around 70 degrees but it blended just fine and the consistency of the mix coated my hair with no drips! I left it on for 30 min. So, the verdict??? I really like it, wasked it out with an olive oil bar and now im waiting for my hair to dry to see how my curls look. Ill update asap! So far it feels super soft and my curls look like theyre clumping well. ::crosses fingers::

EDIT** Ummm... I think I just found my HG... my hair looks fabulous... Wow... seriously, thanks ladies! I put a smidge of my pomade in my hair and that was it and it looks and feels soooo soft. I really wonder if using either olive or coconut oil makes a diff.