Egg Bomb

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Egg Bomb

3.8

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 10/13/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The egg bomb works really well with my thick, straight hair; it keeps split ends at bay. Used the recipe exactly as listed above (1 egg yolk, 2tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey). You might want to warm the honey (and/or oil) just a little to make it mix more easily. I saw another reviewer complain that it made her hair dry and stiff--but she used the whole egg! Egg whites are commonly used to dry up acne on your face--not something you want to use for moisturizing, so use the yolk only and you'll be fine.

I have shoulder length hair, I dye the roots every month or so, my hair is very oily at the roots and dry on the bottom half cuz of an old bleach I got last spring. Winter is (almost) back and my hair is in poor health : itís dry and harsh, and it breaks easily. Iíve been thinking about buying one of the expensive Kerastase treatment but thought I had nothing to lose by trying the egg bomb first, if not 1-2$ worth of ingredients I already had in my kitchen. I did the following mix : 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and 3 drops of lavender oil. My first impression was regarding the smell; you couldnít smell the egg at all! It was a nice olive oil / lavender smell. I applied the egg bomb with a dye brush on dry, unwashed hair. The product was making my hair very, VERY sticky, but I eventually found the trick to brush my hair up while applying the egg bomb so my hair would sit on top of my head once done. Unfortunately, I ran out of product and it was my last egg (!) so Iíve put the egg bomb only on the half end of my hair and neglected the roots. I covered with a plastic cap and let it rest for 2h. The smell changed a bit during the 2nd hour; it was not disgusting but you could smell the yolk a bit. I washed it out with 1 good shampoo (it was surprisingly easy to rince!) and blowdried my hair to see if it would be as harsh as usual... itís not! The ends are smoother! My plan is to double my initial recipe (I may try without honey to see if the mix is easier to apply), soak my hair 2x week and let hair dry. I will do so until Iím satisfied with the results, then keep going 1x week. I will update this review in a few weeks / months depending on the results. Iím putting Kerastase on hold for now. // I gave 4 lippies to see if I'm gonna see a significant improvement in my hair over the next few weeks, and then perhaps increase to 5.

on 11/9/2012 7:51:00 PM

I think this was a good treatment but oddly enough it made my hair curly! I was not expecting that. There was a little bit of lingering egg smell which kind of grossed me out but I definitely think ill try this again. Noticed increased shine and strength.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the worst hair mask I`ve tried on my hair.I am a natural products addict.I use coconut oil, honey, olive oil everyday as face make up remover.So I know how good they are for the skin...but for my hair, this mask did nothing but dried my hair out. I have to admit I have very dry hair, it`s over processed, so maybe this isn`t strong enough for me.But for brunette girls with ..."normal" not so damaged hair it might be good, so try it out, you have nothing to lose.