Egg Bomb

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 9/4/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A homemade mask with such a high vote on MUA? I had to try it!
I wanted to try an egg mask for years and now I had the confirmation it's good. Except..it was the messiest mess ever on me.
It was fine until rinsing. It went away smoothly and fast. After shampooing, I realized a half handful of hair fell. REALLY? I didn't see any aesthetic improvement at all and my hair felt like straw until I did conditioner.
The smell was unbearable the whole time and the whole room now smells.Not to mention the bathroom. After shampooing twice, conditioning with a chamomille scented product, doing a macadamia mask and some pump of Revlon's Uniq, I still smell like crazy. It's disgusting. I'd like to put some perfume on hair but I'd like to avoid spraying basically pure alcohol on it.
I'm so sorry tho, I really wanted to like this and was all excited and ready for the experience. But it became a nightmare. I feel sorry for wasting two eggs.

on 7/23/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was the worst mistake I have ever made!
My hair has been bleached three times in the past two weeks and it is dry, split, breaking, etc etc. So when I saw a recipe for an egg hair mask in a youtube video, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it!
Boy, was I wrong!!!
The recipe I used was as follows:
-2 whole eggs
-1/4 cup olive oil
I whisked the ingredients together and applied the mixture all over my hair. I was noticing as I was applying it that it was making my hair a bit stiff, but I figured that it was probably just because I wasn't saturating it enough. So I was careful to saturate my hair completely with the stuff (I used all of it). I let it sit for 20-30 minutes and my hair started to feel ridiculously stiff and straw-like so I decided it was time to wash it out.
I tried to just rinse it with water, but it wouldn't come out. My hair was still really stiff, and I was afraid it was going to break off! So I shampooed it, and there was no difference. I shampooed it again; still no difference. I had to shampoo it five times before it started to feel anything like hair again, and then had to condition it twice, shampoo it again, and condition it one more time before I was satisfied.
My hair most certainly is not silky soft and fabulous like I imagined it to be! I have put olive oil alone in my hair before with great results, but I would not recommend eggs (or at least this particular recipe) to anyone for their hair.
Hope this is helpful!
xx

on 9/12/2013 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Don't do it, it's not worth it.

Seriously.

Ugh, where do I start.. well.. I am a big fan of DIY natural remedies. So I looked around the internet for a mask that would help shine up my dull hair.(I am a natural brunette with thin kind of normalish hair)Found this and so I went into the kitchen and whipped up 2 eggs, with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and some water. Went into the bathroom and applied the mixture, and man did it make a mess! Possibly the messiest thing I have ever done to my hair! So I wrapped it up this way and that and covered it(and it still managed to ooze all over me) and man did I feel disgusting!
Anyway on to the rinse, after 30 minutes I decided I'd had enough and hopped in the shower. I had seen online when reading about this mask that you shouldn't rinse your hair with hot water because it might cook the egg while on your head.(FABULOUS) Well I wasn't going to take any chances so I decided to take a cold shower.(AHH) Well, cold or not, the water didn't seem to matter..the egg somehow managed to cook anyway. So then there were bundles of little egg bits tangled all in my hair. In fact my hair was a tangled mess, the most tangled it has ever been, and felt totally dry, brittle, and unhealthy.(Like I had just bleached my hair or something!) Needless to say this is where I started to hyperventilate.. freaked out and shampooed and conditioned thoroughly...er... a few times. Then I hopped out the shower totally destitute, my hair still felt like the most disgusting straw ever, and hair was breaking off everywhere. I was in tears. I decided at this point to suck it up and survey the damage, so i combed my hair out(which took almost 30 minutes because it was so tangled) sprayed on some heat protecting spray and went to town with the blow dryer...

Well, it turned out my hair isn't ruined. Maybe a bit dryer than it was before, but not utterly ruined as I feared. In fact, it actually did look better than before, more shiny... but not by much. Also my hair still feels rather straw-like, dry, and smells faintly of eggs.

In conclusion, I Lauren of the internet hereby solemnly pledge to NEVER use eggs on my hair again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've decided that eggs and my hair simply don't agree. I've tried this in many different combinations, with coconut oil, olive oil, honey, you name it. I always end up with greasy, stiff eggy smelling hair(this is after shampoo and conditioner) I have other natural masks that I use that work much better than this.

on 3/24/2013 10:55:00 AM

I have long, blonde super dry and damaged hair and have tried everything, hoped that this would be the solution. Doubled the mix, did everything to the letter and zero difference, my hair is still as crappy as it was before I did it. Great.

on 11/22/2012 9:17:00 PM

I've come to a conclusion that egg dries out my hair drastically. I've tried combinations with honey, oil, coconut milk... using only the yolk or both the yolk and the white, leaving it from 15-20 mins and my hair ends up feeling coarse, dry and rough in the shower. I have given many chances to this mask, but I always end with the same result.
I'm surprised to see everyone else saw results...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I tried the egg bomb on my hair once and the banana one also, i dont remember where i read that it was good to moisture your hair!! (The BANANA was the worst thing ive doned to my hair!!! I smashed and then i applied it on my hair, but then the banana oxided on my head!! It was so difficult to get it off, i was in the shower for one hour with a hair brush trying to get the banana out!! It was very stupid thing to do! hahaha But i decided to gave the banana another chance and used it on my face and i liked it!)

Ive used olive oil and it worked great, but i wanted to try it, first the scrambled egg is very liquid and difficult to apply unless you want to damp your hair with the breakfast!! when it dries it gets hard!! Oh my i was very afraid this would ruin my hair, after what it i did with the banana!! hahaha It wasnt so difficult to get it off like the banana, but it was hard since its something that moistures hair!! Those where big mistakes for my hair, i recently used the Queen Helene Cholestherol, with my John Frieda Conditioner and a little olive oil, and this really moistured my hair!!

on 9/19/2014 1:16:00 PM

Alas, did nothing for my frizzy, wavy, henna-dyed hair. Clarified my hair, split it into two sections, let dry. Applied recipe as described above (egg yolk, olive oil, honey), left in for an hour.
Rinsed well, then shampooed my entire head and conditioned as usual. Let air dry.
Appearance: same both sides.
Feel/texture: same both sides.

on 9/17/2014 1:02:00 PM

I put 2 eggs in my hair it's color treated with a few face framing highlights but it's in great shape. When I go to the salon I always buy what my stylist suggest because who better than him so I buy high end shampoo and conditioner. I'm always reading the DIY for hair care and what would make hair soft smooth or just shiny. The egg was horrible I put 2 eggs on dry unwashed hair and it took me 5 washes and finally my hair felt normal. My hair is naturally soft and very shiny so I don't know why I continue to do these DIY that I read are wonderful. What works for one may not work for another and I'm proof. My hair looks best when I apply little product if not any basically I wash every 2-or more days and air dry. Here I go rambling sorry ladies I just wanted to say it didn't work for me.

on 9/26/2013 4:15:00 PM

I agree with several of the other writers here. I, too, love finding homemade, do-it-yourself beauty remedies on the internet. I tried several different ones involving concotions of the same ingredients, in different quantities: eggs, mayo, olive oil, honey, etc. NONE of the various concotions did anything noticeably beneficial to my hair BUT most of them smelled bad and made a great mess in the process. Some of them made my hair smell bad, others made it crunchy. Forget it, I am better off continuing my search for a store-bought deep conditioning mask.