Egg Bomb

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 2/2/2017 7:32:00 PM

I always do egg mask to my curly hair and its moisturizing and almost making my hair tamed. I add some oils like olive oil, almond oil, sesame oil . It is optional but when you add oil the mask is more effective I think

on 2/1/2017 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Firstly, I have tried this and whenever I do i get TONS of compliments on my hair for days.

I've been reading through some of the reviews: MOST of the people who found this mask horrible seemed to be using the WHOLE egg. For petes sake, do NOT use the whole egg, ONLY use the YOLK.

This is a wonderful mask, I personally make it like this:
2 egg yolks (whisked up)
large Tablespoon of honey
2 tablespoons of olive oil
a tablespoon of coconut oil
a few drops of rosewater (helps the smell, but not necessary)

rub this mixture into DRY hair, that has not been washed, do not use on freshly washed hair.
Leave on for 20min (or an hour if you can stand it, however this runny liquid tends to drip down your face, so you should stay in the bath)

Now shampoo and condition using cool water, et voila!

Beautiful hair is a few kitchen ingredients away!

(PS: I also use a spray on mixture of bergamot essence, bay rum, and placenta on my scalp which helps my hair grow)

on 9/4/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A homemade mask with such a high vote on MUA? I had to try it!
I wanted to try an egg mask for years and now I had the confirmation it's good. Except..it was the messiest mess ever on me.
It was fine until rinsing. It went away smoothly and fast. After shampooing, I realized a half handful of hair fell. REALLY? I didn't see any aesthetic improvement at all and my hair felt like straw until I did conditioner.
The smell was unbearable the whole time and the whole room now smells.Not to mention the bathroom. After shampooing twice, conditioning with a chamomille scented product, doing a macadamia mask and some pump of Revlon's Uniq, I still smell like crazy. It's disgusting. I'd like to put some perfume on hair but I'd like to avoid spraying basically pure alcohol on it.
I'm so sorry tho, I really wanted to like this and was all excited and ready for the experience. But it became a nightmare. I feel sorry for wasting two eggs.

on 8/3/2016 9:36:00 PM

Because I have very dry and damaged color-treated straight hair, I decided to try this mask when I heard about it on MakeupAlley. I used the recipe as directed and was very pleased with the results. It made my hair very silky, shiny, and soft, and repaired the look of my damaged split ends. I would definitely use this diy again. The only thing about it is that it's sticky and messy, and that you should rinse it out in cold water. (You don't want the eggs to cook on your head) Also, remember to only use the yolk - the egg white may make your hair stiff and dry it out. Finally, it may be too strong for people with healthy, non-damaged hair because the egg contains protein.

I loved this hair mask! I have shoulder length, curly hair that is very dry. The egg worked very nicely. The only thing I didn't like was the smell, but that was to be expected. My hair looks shinier, and it feels stronger. I have a few friends who have tried it, and they've all loved it! Some add mayonnaise, bananas, or a mixture of different oils. Even honey. I think different things work for different people, but this definitely worked for me. It will feel a little stiff after a while, but that's what the egg does. Rinse it off with cold water, and some non sulfate shampoo and you should be good to go.

on 8/8/2015 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Ι tried the egg bomb for the first time a couple of days ago; mixed a whiped egg yolk with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. At this point the mix was sticky and smelled like pastry dough.
Applied on thick, curly, dry hair and didin't drip, became hard to the touch almost right away. Left it for an hour and rinsed with cold water which was easier than I expected. Shampooed and used moisturising conditioner. Let air dry.
Other that some extra body I didn't notice any difference, my hair wasn't any softer or more manageable. I'm not impressed but was worth a try.

on 1/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is fab! I used this recipe:

-1 egg
-3 t/s of honey
-2 t/s of castor oil

Seriously im telling you guys my hair is really thin because of hair fall. I dont even wear my hair down when i go outdoor because my scalp is really obvious. I ended up with ponytail everytime i go outdoor. At first i thought egg hair mask would do nothing because i tried it before and nothing happened because my hair still falling out like crazy. And recently, my scalp just so freaking obvious and i need to do something, so i give this hair mask a chance. I apply it on my wet hair starting from the centre of my hair part concentrating my scalp. During the application, my hair fall still the same that I almost give up because it fall out alot. After 20minute, i wash my hair with shampo and condition my hair ponytail. When i comb it as it dry, i do notice that my hair fall is reduced a little, so i dont care bout it. Then after 3 days of bot washing hair, my hair fall is really noticeably reduced! I often comb my hair and there would be around 5 strands of hair everytime i comb it, but this time its really not much hair falling out . I'll give this treatment a 1month shot, if i see miracle, yesss im going to stick to this treatment.

on 10/13/2014 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The egg bomb works really well with my thick, straight hair; it keeps split ends at bay. Used the recipe exactly as listed above (1 egg yolk, 2tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp honey). You might want to warm the honey (and/or oil) just a little to make it mix more easily. I saw another reviewer complain that it made her hair dry and stiff--but she used the whole egg! Egg whites are commonly used to dry up acne on your face--not something you want to use for moisturizing, so use the yolk only and you'll be fine.

on 9/19/2014 1:16:00 PM

Alas, did nothing for my frizzy, wavy, henna-dyed hair. Clarified my hair, split it into two sections, let dry. Applied recipe as described above (egg yolk, olive oil, honey), left in for an hour.
Rinsed well, then shampooed my entire head and conditioned as usual. Let air dry.
Appearance: same both sides.
Feel/texture: same both sides.

on 9/17/2014 1:02:00 PM

I put 2 eggs in my hair it's color treated with a few face framing highlights but it's in great shape. When I go to the salon I always buy what my stylist suggest because who better than him so I buy high end shampoo and conditioner. I'm always reading the DIY for hair care and what would make hair soft smooth or just shiny. The egg was horrible I put 2 eggs on dry unwashed hair and it took me 5 washes and finally my hair felt normal. My hair is naturally soft and very shiny so I don't know why I continue to do these DIY that I read are wonderful. What works for one may not work for another and I'm proof. My hair looks best when I apply little product if not any basically I wash every 2-or more days and air dry. Here I go rambling sorry ladies I just wanted to say it didn't work for me.