Egg Bomb

Filtered by age: 44-55
 Egg Bomb

4.8

Egg, olive oil, honey
Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

on 8/3/2016 9:36:00 PM

Because I have very dry and damaged color-treated straight hair, I decided to try this mask when I heard about it on MakeupAlley. I used the recipe as directed and was very pleased with the results. It made my hair very silky, shiny, and soft, and repaired the look of my damaged split ends. I would definitely use this diy again. The only thing about it is that it's sticky and messy, and that you should rinse it out in cold water. (You don't want the eggs to cook on your head) Also, remember to only use the yolk - the egg white may make your hair stiff and dry it out. Finally, it may be too strong for people with healthy, non-damaged hair because the egg contains protein.

I use one whole egg, 2 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp EVOO and one cup of water. Mix well and pour on clean, dry hair. Wrap it in a towel for about 30 min and rinse with cool water. If I'm staying home, I rinse and leave it...If I'm going out, I shampoo and condition. My hair has never felt better! Also, MSM is a great supplement for soft, strong hair and nails. I do the rinse about once every other week as too much protein can be a bad thing (straw head lol)

on 10/1/2011 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love homemade beauty concoctions but I'm lazy and don't want anything too complicated. This is right up my alley. I put this on my hair and put on a shower cap before I ride my stationary bike for thirty minutes. The shower cap ensures that it gets nice and warm up there. It leaves my thick, coarse hair nicely conditioned.

on 7/3/2010 9:06:00 PM

I'm writing this for the other ladies my age who I'm sure have some of the same hair issues I do. My hair is coarse, dry & damaged from at home colorings and heat damaged from styling products. I like to keep my hair long, currently about 4 inches below my shoulders. My hair has developed an almost straw like texture and I thought the only option left was to have it cut short. In desperation, I tried the egg bomb treatment. I used the formula exactly as written, doubling it due to the length of my hair. Due to the excessive dryness, I topped it off with a couple tablespoons of mayo. I covered my head with a cheap shower cap & left it on a couple hours. I shampooed it out & conditioned with the Suave Shea & Almond products. My hair already felt better even wet. I wrapped in a hair towel to dry, then used my blow dryer on the lowest setting to finish it off. I won't claim my hair is perfect now but I am shocked at how effective this treatment was. My hair is soft, shiny and the straw like texture is gone. My fingers slide thru my hair now instead of getting caught in knots. I even had my husband smell it & he assures me it smells nothing like salad dressing ... only like clean hair. Finally I have hope with regular trims & once a week egg bomb treatments I'll be able to maintain not just long hair but have gorgeous long hair! I also plan to incorporate the conditioner only hair washes into my routine. Thanks so much to SiameseLouise for sharing this tip. I have learned so much from this site !

on 3/22/2009 10:37:00 PM

My 1st review on MUA! Just discovered the site recently, & I'm spending way too much time catching up with all the wonderful reviews! Background: fine hair, about 40% gray now (with original dark brown). The gray is coarser, & depending on the humidity, can be frizzy. Do not color or process, but can get dry due to daily blowdry. Anyway, with some apprehension, did this treatment tonight. WOW! Not incredibly messy since it stays put in your hair once you coat it. I also used the suggestion for coating with an additional heaping teaspoon of mayo. I left it on for 30 min. Very easy to shampoo out (I was worried about "poaching" the egg solution!). After shampooing, no smell noted. I'm letting it air dry tonight, but it feels very soft. Looking forward to styling in the morning (I'll shower but not shampoo, use some hoarded Neutrogena conditioning mousse). Definitely plan to make this part of my weekend ritual. Keep up the good work!