Maybelline Angelfit [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline Angelfit  [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This was generally a good product but it didn't give me much of the coverage I need--wet or dry. I found that it looked cakey no matter how you put it on (sponge or brush) and it didn't really last long. I had to constantly reapply throughout the day.

on 4/15/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this! I'm on my 2nd box, which is saying A LOT (this is only powder foundation which I've gotten a 2nd box of).
Pros:
- Buildable coverage, medium to full coverage
- Natural looking (though you can still tell there's foundation on)
- Controls the oilies
- Doesn't break my acne-prone, sensitive skin out
- Good color match

Cons:
- Oxidizes a little into the day.
- NOT transfer-proof. But then again, the only one foundation which is not transfer proof for me is Revlon's Colorstay, which feels like a mask on =(
- It's a little pore-clogging if I don't remove it thoroughly- but this is easily avoided by using a cleansing oil and following it with my regular cleanser).

I have never tried a two-way foundation and after receiving a sample of Maybelline AngelFit Two-way, I haven't turned back! It is easy to apply, and does not oxidize on my combination skin. When I first apply it may be a little dry, but once my skin produces some sebum it melds right in and stays put giving a natural look! I highly recommend this foundation for first-timer users particularly. Very fuss-free and easy to manage.

I bring this everywhere i go! It's great for touch up, but the price is lil' bit expensive for drugstore product. I think this is for asian market only. The coverage is great, makes my skin smooth-looking, and the staying power is good. But i can't find the perfect color for my skintone. I'm asian, but i kinda mix ( Netherland & Indonesian), i don't have yellow tone like the other asian girls, i'm not pink tone either. So, idk...not easy to find the match color for me anyway. LOL.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin, so this doesn't last very long on me (1.5-2 hours) and it is VERY yellow-toned. I'm really fair, so the fairest shade doesn't really suit me too. I just like that it adds a glow to my skin when it gets a bit oily, and some blotting will do. I DO NOT use the sponge. Instead, I use a brush to lightly brush it on my face in a downward motion, like a setting powder to set my BB cream. This combination somehow works for me. (:

***UPDATE ON 26TH OCT 2010***: After months of continued use, I realise that BB creams break me out and I tried using this on its own. The shade is OFF. I look HORRIBLY YELLOW-TONED. Plus, it causes little bumps on my face. My face is an oil slick after an hour and it oxidises to a darker shade, making me look lifeless! This will work for ladies with less oily skin (dry-normal skin types) but oily girls--stay away from it! Invest in something better. In fact, SGD $20+ for a drugstore brand? Might as well save it and invest in a better foundation!

I'm not quite sure about this product actually, because it might be the concealer that's been causing my breakouts (when I changed foundations but not concealers, I still broke out). But what I loved about this product is it makes my skin look absolutely smooth and perfect, it even covers my pimples and blemishes. I'm not very fond of the sponge though as it seems to put on too much so I use a brush instead to apply it and it looks more natural, and flawless when applied that way. I guess I'm willing to give a try on this product again (since I changed my concealers already and the breakouts are much less).

on 2/27/2010 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

♥ SPF 22 PA++
♥ fine texture
♥ cute packaging (big mirror yay! )
♥ decently priced

>>> I'm not a big fan of the "pearls" though. But I'm okay with it since it never breaks me out (i have combination skin) and the OC1 shade fits my skin well! I ♥ it!!

edit: when my face turns oily, instead of this powder caking out, it somehow acts with the oil making it look radiant! idk if i make sense but it really takes away my skin' dullness especially when it starts to get oily. my HG powder foundie so far...

note: some say this is for normal to dry skin but based on my experience it can be used by people with oily skin if they want a glowing effect. This is NOT a mattifying foundie.

on 1/5/2010 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The original name of this powder foundation is Maybelline's Angel Fit Two Way Cake Foundation.

This is my all-time favorite powdered foundation. Why?! Well, first of all, this is very cheap. The compact and the powder just cost around HKD 100 and can be bought everywhere here in Hong Kong. From Watson's, to Mannings, to Sasa. Everywhere! And if you already got the compact, the powder refill is even cheaper! It just cost HKD 45 I think (as far as I can remember), each.

It is very light weight when used and also, the coverage is good. Plus, it doesn't wear off easily into my very oily / combination skin. I am a NC30 / NC35 on MAC and my color for this foundation is OC-D. It's also perfect for my skin color. I would never EVER travel out of the country without my Maybelline Angelfit Powder Foundation!

on 1/29/2010 9:35:00 AM

This is the first time i use a foundation,overall it is excellent!My face is acne-prone so some parts had redness.After i apply it,i look it the mirror.It was like wow,no more redness and blemishes,beside that it look natural!!I I will buy the refill again!!

on 6/23/2010 10:35:00 AM

best powder foundation that ive tried! cheap yet effective!