Boots Botanics Radiance Beauty Balm

No Image

2.7

As a makeup addict on a budget, I absolutely love finding more affordable alternatives to expensive products, without sacrificing too much on quality. So when I heard that Boots Botanics Radiance Balm is an impressive dupe for Mac Strobe Cream, I had no choice but to give it a go.

Well my god, where has this balm been all my life? Its the ultimate skin quick-fix. I put it on after my moisturiser but before my foundation. The texture of the balm is a fluidy cream that feels like satin on the skin and smells gorgeous! It acts as a liquid highlighter that radiates and gives the skin a natural, healthy glow. Iím sure we can all look a bit dull and dreary some days, especially first thing in the morning, well this is the perfect product to boost skinís overall appearance and give an effortlessly brightened look before even going near any makeup. The balm looks a baby pinkish colour in the tube but is actually more of a pearl colour on the skin. It acts as a perfect base for liquid foundation and gives a flawless and pore-less finish that feels soft and supple all day.

Definitely a new addition to my daily essentials and at just Ä3.99 (on offer-usually Ä7.99) its an absolute steal!

Please have a look at my blog www.gettheskinny.ie or my Facebook page Get The Skinny

Shirley x

on 10/12/2011 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was looking for a product that would improve my skin texture while still moisturizing. I am always drawn to organic lines because my skin is fairly sensitive. I can't say that I am terribly impressed by this balm. I don't have any other products to compare it to. I haven't had any adverse reactions but I also have nothing exciting to say about his product. Definitely not a repurchase!

Ugh. I really liked the cleansing lotion and rosewater toner I got from this line, but this moisturizer is terrible. It has a super strong synthetic fragrance, feels sticky, and after it dries my skin still feels thirsty. But the worst part is that after having lovely skin with my Pretika and my organic argan oil, I had to go and screw it up with this stuff - now I have a bunch of whiteheads after using this only like 2-3 times. Not pleased...

on 6/27/2010 3:04:00 PM

I am 21 with oily and acne prone skin.

bought this on a whim...
made my face red, developed a rash, got acne and my face become swollen the first time I used it :/
took this product back.

It also left my skin greasy, not radiant!
It was awful! I felt like I was smothering! It was too heavy feeling and very greasy :/ AND it made be get acne! >.<

I am in my early 40's and deal with hormonal skin. Sensitive dry/combo skin in the winter and sensitive combo skin in the summer. I have been a die-hard fan of my C.O. Bigelow creams and moisturizers for a long time, but the C.O. products have been hard to find in my area and I hate ordering products online. ( I have no patience for the waiting period and hate paying S&H. ) The Boots line in Target caught my attention. I believe I have found my new favorite product! It comes in squeeze tube and is very creamy when I am applying to my face and neck. It is heavier than a lotion, but not as thick as a cream. The first time after blending this product into my skin, my face felt "tacky" and I was worried that this is not going to work. The tacky feeling went away after a few seconds. Sometimes I like to use this alone or over a moisturizer as recomended on the Boots website. After using this for several months, my tired-looking skin is brighter and healthier looking. So far my sensitive skin has not reacted to any of the ingredients. My skin tone is more even and the overall texture of my skin has greatly improved. I can't help but touch my skin.! My main reason for sticking with this product is that I have not worn any foundation for the last two months! (except for concealer for my eye area and blemishes as needed & BE Mineral Veil as a finishing powder) ***UPDATE***As much as I love this product, I noticed how plugged my pores have become more than usual, which is why I took a lippie off.

on 6/4/2008 3:44:00 PM

This is a really cheap moisturizing balm that is supposed to give randiant skin. Considering that it's suposed to be a "botanical" and plant based product it's kind of off putting with the synthetic smell but considering the price this product still surprised me. It's a light cream that sinks into skin fast, feels moisturizing and does give skin a slight boost. Not an everyday product since it doesn't have any SPF but still a good compliment with a nice price.