LUSH Rub rub rub showergel

LUSH Rub rub rub showergel
Rub Rub RubLUSH Rub, Rub, Rub Shower Scrub

3.7

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Jasmine Flower Infusion (Jasminum officinale), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lactic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, D&C Red 28 . *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 9/11/2017 10:25:00 PM

I found this product a bit disappointing.

i expected a more vigorous exfoliate. its alright if you use a hand exfoliator or a something to assist with scrubbing, works alright but i don't know if i will be repurchasing, Its cheaper than the Ocean Salt and you get more product which makes this a better buy.

I also am one of the unlucky ones with Ocean Salt, it burns my skin and i had a patchy rash after using, if you have sensitive skin, and you are trying to figure out which one would be best for you, go for the Rub rub rub. If you want something that's moisturizing, go for Buffy that bar is the shit i love it! best of both worlds, exfoliates and it moisturizes you too, you could get away with not moisturizing after a shower.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It's a scrub, a hair product, a scrub and soap for feet and a body soap. The price isn't great, but since it is such a versatile product it is understandable. I suggest anyone with oily or rough skin to buy this, it isn't great for dry skin, considering it is rough on the skin and it is soapy. But definitely a must have in most bathrooms.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I wish LUSH made a perfume/body wash/lotion that smelt like this because it's INCREDIBLE. This is gentle enough to use everyday but still effective at actually exfoliating your body. When I need more heavy duty exfoliating (like before a spray tan) I just use this with my Eco Tools exfoliating gloves and it works incredibly. This is gentle enough to use on your face IMO. If you want heavy duty exfoliating definitely use this on dry skin and then wash off with warm water. I absolutely love LUSH and this is one of my favorite products from them.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Rub Rub Rub is my favourite body exfoliater. There are two ways to use it. For a very harsh, deep exfoliation, you can apply it to dry skin and then hop in the shower to rinse it off. Alternatively, you can apply it to wet skin once you are already in the shower, and this will give you a gentler exfoliation. Either way you use it will leave you with soft, glowing skin. The product is a salt based scrub which is bright blue, and has a very zesty, fruity scent. I do enjoy the scent, but find that it does not linger on the skin after you step out of the shower. I would also recommend following up with a body lotion after using this product. I like to use it on my legs before shaving, as this gives me a very smooth and close shave. It makes every part of my body very soft and smooth. I would highly recommend this scrub.

on 3/15/2016 3:25:00 PM

Such a great exfoliant. First, let me say I am a total Lushie and have tried most of their products at least once. Rub is my go-to scrub. I use it on my face and body about 3x a week. The scent is clean and fresh, no perfume-y overkill and the formula does wonders for cleansing and softening dry skin. I love the sudsy lather! Ocean Salt is great, but a little too harsh for my skin. It's also much more expensive than Rub. I re-up on this product whenever I run out - which is about 3x a year. A little goes a long way!

I absolutely love this product! The scent is amazing, and your skin feels very smooth after using it. However, it works best on your body than your face, since it's very thick and kinda rough. But I still use it on blackheads, just not on pimples. If you have sensitive or dry skin, never use it on your face!

on 8/11/2015 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This lathers perfectly! I almost forget that it's a scrub. I love the scent -- it's just a fresh, clean scent. A little goes a long way when used on a loofa. I use this before a self-tan and it provides nice smooth skin. It is a little indulgent, so I'm sure I can find cheaper alternatives -- but I'm on a Lush kick right now and this one is a keeper!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great smell! Excellent scrub! This product is smoother than the Ocean Salt scrub- it has smaller grains - but it is just as powerful. The great part about Rub Rub Rub is how it lathers! I love how it smells. Love how it feels. Can't live without it.

on 8/11/2015 3:26:00 PM

Looove the smell of this one and it works great on my thin, blonde hair. I don't have any problems with my hair over drying and it doesn't make my hair dry matted.

on 3/15/2016 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the only scrub that I have repurchased ever in my life. I find that most scrubs are just shower gel with a few beads thrown in, that essentially does nothing on your skin. This stuff, however, works wonders. It's a bright blue, gooey gel packed full with fine sea salt. I always use it on dry skin to get a thorough scrub, and afterwards my skin is silky soft. Perfect to use before epilation to make sure that you'll get all the hairs.

I feel like the people who don't think this is scrubby/effective enough must've not tried using it on dry skin. When used on wet skin it's a lot more gentle, which is quite good as it allows people with more sensitive skin to use it as well. Used wet it lathers up and can be used as a shower gel and scrub combined. But I will agree it doesn't do much that way. So if you're disappointed by the exfoliating effect - try it on dry skin before the shower! I know Lush says to try it as a shampoo as well, but knowing how much of a tangled mess my thick and curly hair becomes when I've been in salt water alone, I'm not planning on trying that out. I do really like versatile products like that, though. If it works for your hair type, you have a shower gel, a scrub and a shampoo in one! Perfect for travelling (though make sure the lid is shut really tightly for travelling!).

It has a quite citrus-y scent, but it's not straight up lemon, and it doesn't verge on cleaning product scent like some citrus scents do. The jasmine and mimosa flower rounds the scent of nicely. I almost find it a little bit boozy, but I can't find a source for that boozy smell in the ingredient list so that might just be me.

Perhaps best of all, this can be used with good conscience since it doesn't contain any plastic beads that is bad for the environment. The one thing you need to be cautious of for your own sake is that it's high in SLS, if that's something that your skin reacts to. Perhaps don't use this after you've shaved, just to be sure, and don't use it on skin that's irritated already. The saying about salt in a wound is very much literal here.

This is the only shower scrub I need, and I don't see myself trying anything else in the near future.